1. Bartın University Journal of Faculty Education is an international refereed journal in which scientific journals in the field of education are published both in English and in Turkish. The journal published two issues yearly until 2016. Since 2016, three issues; in February, June and October are being published yearly. While the journal took under review Turkish or English articles, one as a full-text and the other as an extended abstract until the 2017 October issue, starting from the 2018 February issue, all articles are required to be submitted in both in English and Turkish.
2. Scientific articles which have a general place in the community of research in teaching and come from various areas of research in teaching, and related disciplines are published in the journal.
3. Additionally, on the term of not exceeding one per year, a special issue may be published on the current affairs in education and proceedings of the national/international meetings (symposium, convention, conference etc.) which took place.
4. Copyright royalties are not paid to the authors of the publications.
5. The article submitted to the journal are first subject to preliminary review by the Secretariat wth respect to writing rules and suitability with the article template, and then forwarded to the Editor-in-Chief for further assessment. The submitted articles are inspected with respect to publication, writing, qualification, content, research and ethical rules. The articles which are found to be not suitable are returned to the author without going through referee review. For studies which involve clinical or experimental treatments with animals requiring ethical board permissions, the necessary ethical permission should be obtained, documented and presented.
6. All articles submitted to the journal are reviewed by at least two referees under the principles of double blind refereeing.
7. Articles which are found suitable by the editorial board are sent to at least two field referees. The authors re-send their articles by taking into account the revisions and suggestions stated in the assessment form prepared by the referees. The editorial board make the decision to whether or not publish the articles which are revised. Journal editors have the right to make revisions, -even when the referee process is affirmative- and to make the decision of publishing or not. The articles which are decided to be published are sent back to the original author(s). The responsibility of the errors and writing mistakes belong to the author(s).
8. The authors who would like to withdraw their submission which is in the assessment process are required to notify the demand by e-mail to email@example.com. An article which is approved and queued for publication cannot be withdrawn.
9. The editorial board is consulted for determining and updating the publication principles of the journal, and referee assignment process when needed.
10. The submitted articles cannot be published or submitted to be published to anywhere else.
11. Published or not published, the articles cannot be returned.
12. The journal is free of charge and does not require any payment including the submission and publication process.
13. Per author, maximum of one (1) academic research in each issue, and two (2) academic research in a year is allowed to be published.
14. All the articles published in the journal are open access and distributed under the conditions of Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
15. Authors may request to exclude certain referees because of ethical reasons or conflict of interests.
16. Authors may object to the referee reports or editorial decisions. In such cases, the authors are requested to state their reasoning behind the objection. Editors may start a new reviewing process if deemed necessary after an objection.
17. The articles are submitted via the portal on http://dergipark.gov.tr/buefad. The articles which are attempted to be submitted otherwise will be disregarded. The referee process will also take place on the same system.
18. The articles submitted are first subject to preliminary review with respect to writing rules.
19. The authors are obligated to prepare their publications in accordance with APA 6 (American Psychological Association) standards.
Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education makes use of double blind refereeing method in the review process of the articles. In the double blind refereeing method, the identity of authors and referees are concealed.
Initial Review Process
The articles which are submitted to the journal are first subject to preliminary review of writing rules and journal template suitability by the Secretariat, and then forwarded to the Editor-in-chief with the purpose of referee assignment. The submitted articles which are found to be unsuitable in terms of writing rules, originality, and accordance with the publication principles are returned to their author without a referee review. In the preliminary review, the field/department editors inspect the introduction, literature review, method, findings, results, assessment, and discussion sections of the articles with respect to suitability with the publication principles and content of the journal. The articles which are found ineligible after the review are returned to the author along with the review report prepared by the field editor in maximum of 30 days. The articles which are found to be eligible are taken under referee review.
Referee Review Process
The articles are sent to the referees according to the content and referee speciality. The article which is found to be eligible by the editors is forwarded to at least two referees for review along with a review form. The referees are given 30 days for the review. Within this period, a new referee may be assigned in case the referee does not respond. It is obligatory to fill out the "Revision Template” which is prepared by the referees or the editors containing revisions within 30 days. The referees may decide on the suitability by inspecting the readjustments as well as requesting multiple revisions.
The feedback received from the referees is examined by the field/department editors in 14 days at the latest. As a result of this examination, the field editor informs the editors of the final evaluation. The editors prepare the editorial board remarks in accordance with the field editor and referee assessments. A new referee may be assigned following the review report; in addition, there may be an approval, revision or rejection decision.
How Long Is The Publication Process?
It is anticipated that the evaluation process of the articles submitted to Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education concludes in 6 months. However, this period of time may extend depending on revision requests, duration of the revisions, and re-evaluation of the articles.
Revision Directions and Uploading Guide
At Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, one or more revisions may be requested by the field editors and/or referees for the articles in review process. The authors are obligated to apply the requested revisions by using the “Revision Template”. The authors should make the revisions by using “Track changes” feature or by using the red colour on the original document. The authors should upload the documents; (1) revised document with track changes, (2) the “Author Revision Chart” prepared by using the “Revision Template”.
At Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, the articles approved after review are gone through; plagiarism re-inspection, reference list organizing, citation control, layout and typesetting, DIO number assignment, respectively.
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, every article which went through the “Blind Referee Review Process” has to be re-inspected for plagiarism for the revisions made after the referee requests. Within this context, English and Turkish copies of every article goes through plagiarism inspection. The plagiarism inspection is made by Turnitin and iThenticate softwares. The board makes the final decision in light of the plagiarism inspection report of every article. Revision of the mistakes can be request from the authors or the articles may be returned. The financial responsibilities occurred within the inspection belong to the author(s).
The article submitted to Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education are required to be written grammatically (both in Turkish and English) and appropriate to the scientific literature, in an explicit and plain manner. The journal board may request proofreading during the review process or after acceptance. The articles of Non-Turkish authors will be directly taken to review, a Turkish extended abstract will be requested after acceptance. Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education will assist authors in translation of the extended abstract. The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the language and expression rules, even when the review process is affirmative.
Citation and References Control
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, it is obligatory that the citations and references included in the approved articles are correct and thorough. Within this context, the approved articles are gone through citation and reference control. The authors are responsible for carrying out the tasks and procedures assigned by the board. Turkish citation rules are applied to Turkish texts and English citation rules are applied to English texts. The financial responsibility of the control belong to the author(s). The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the references and citations rules even when the review process is affirmative.
Layout and Typesetting Procedure
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, it is obligatory that the articles are prepared in a common typesetting and complete page layout. Within this context, the approved articles are adjusted in terms of page layout and typesetting by the board. The financial responsibility of the control belong to the author(s). The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the layout and typesetting rules even when the review process is affirmative.
DOI Number Assignment
Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is a unique access number which enables the identification and accessibility of each article published electronically. Every article published at Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education is assigned with a DOI number. The articles which went through the reference control and print-ready after the approval process are assigned a DOI number by the board.