The publication process at BEÜ İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergisi is the basis of the improvement and dissemination of information objectively and respectfully. Therefore, the procedures in this process improve the quality of the studies. Peer-reviewed studies are the ones that support and materialize the scientific method. At this point, it is of utmost importance that all parties included in the publication process (authors, readers and researchers, publisher, reviewers and editors) comply with the standards of ethical considerations. BEÜ İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergisi expects all parties to hold the following ethical responsibilities.
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, and the publisher.
· List of references, financial support;
· No plagiarism, no fraudulent data;
· Forbidden to publish same research in more than one journal.
· Authors obliged to participate in peer review process;
· All authors have significantly contributed to the research;
· Statement that all data in article are real and authentic;
· All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
· Judgments should be objective;
· Reviewers should have no conflict of interest with respect to the research, the authors and/or the research funders;
· Reviewers should point out relevant published work which is not yet cited;
· Reviewed articles should be treated confidentially.
· Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article;
· Editors should have no conflict of interest with respect to articles they reject/accept;
· Only accept a paper when reasonably certain;
· When errors are found, promote publication of correction or retraction;
· Preserve anonymity of reviewers.
· No plagiarism, no fraudulent data.
· Monitoring/safeguarding publishing ethics by editorial board;
· Guidelines for retracting articles;
· Maintain the integrity of the academic record;
· Preclude business needs from compromising intellectual and ethical standards;
· Always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
BEÜ İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergisi is committed to ensuring that commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, BEÜ İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergisi will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful to editors. Finally, we are working closely with other publishers and industry associations to set standards for best practices on ethical matters, errors and retractions–and are prepared to provide specialized legal review and counsel if necessary.
BEÜ İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergisi uses double-blind review fulfilled by at least two reviewers. In addition, all articles are checked by means of a program in order to confirm they are not published before and avoid plagiarism.
The peer review process is at the heart of the success of scientific publishing. As part of our commitment to the protection and enhancement of the peer review process, BEÜ İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergisi has an obligation to assist the scientific community in all aspects of publishing ethics, especially in cases of (suspected) duplicate submission or plagiarism.