Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty (EUJEF) (2148-7510) is a double-blind peer-reviewed international journal dedicated to publishing high-quality research papers in the field of education to spread scientific knowledge and lead both teachers and scholars.
EUJEF is published three times in a year (April-August-December) in the online version by Erzincan Binali Yildirim University, Faculty of Education, Turkey.
EUJEF is devoted to making visible highly-qualified publications with its open-access policy and missions to be one of the leading journals of educational sciences indexed by well-known international indexes.
The scope of EUJEF includes the following fields: Foreign Language Education, Native Language Teaching, Science and Maths Teaching, Sports Education, Fine Arts Education, Technology-based Instruction, Social Sciences Education, and any fields related to Learning, Teaching and Teacher Education. The journal welcomes submissions in English and Turkish (with extended English abstract).
Note for International Authors:
International authors do not have to add the Turkish abstract of the manuscript, but they should provide their ORCID and Ethical Committee Approval of Research while uploading the manuscript file. They should only fill in the English version of the Title Page. The copyright form and plagiarism report of the submitted manuscript will be provided later after an initial screening of the manuscript by the editors.
Submission Guideline and Evaluation Process
1. The manuscripts submitted to the journal should not be previously published in any journal or should not be sent for publication elsewhere. However, papers presented but not published in any scientific meeting can be uploaded by providing the name, place, and date of the meeting on the title page.
2. Manuscripts must be anonymized and written in accordance with the “Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty Template”. Three files should be uploaded to the manuscript submission system. a) For the Title Page download link. b) For Manuscript Template download link. c) For Copyright form download link. d)Ethical Committee Approval Document.
3. Anonymized manuscripts should be submitted as Microsoft Word and titled "Main Text". Each paper must contain an abstract of 150-200 words with up to 5 keywords. A separate title page should be provided which, apart from the Main Text File, should also include full names of all the authors, their affiliations, ORCIDs, e-mail and postal addresses. The manuscripts must follow the rules of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (sixth edition). For APA book, For basic information about the style, and also visit PURDUE OWL.
4. All processes about the manuscripts sent to the journal are conducted online and authors can follow every step and contact the editor from the manuscript submission system.
5. Submitted manuscripts are first checked with regard to convenience with the journal editing template, plagiarism in the pre-screening phase. Manuscripts are then evaluated by English language editors. The manuscripts not confirmed by language editor and/or not found suitable for writing template are rejected.
6. Manuscript found suitable in terms of writing and language is sent to the chief editor and reviewed according to the publication policy of the journal. If it is approved by the chief editor, it is sent to the field editor. If not, it is rejected by the editor with editorial review comments.
7. The manuscript approved by the editor and field editor is sent to at least two referees holding min. Ph.D. degree in the field-related in order to review by taking into consideration the aim, scope, significance and the criteria of publication policy of the journal. This process works as a double-blind peer review.
8. The referees evaluate the manuscript according to the “Referee Assessment Form”.
9. If both reviewers the manuscripts were sent to accept the manuscript, the manuscript is put in order to be published with the confirmation of field editor. If both reviewers reject the manuscript, it is not published. If one of the reviewers has a different opinion, the manuscript is sent to a third referee. It is decided on the acceptance or rejection of publication according to the third referee’s opinion.
10. Based on reports of the reviewers, it is decided on no need for any revision (Acceptance), publishing after revision on sides stated in the referee report (Acceptance), re-peer checking after revision on sides stated in the referee report (Revision) or rejecting the manuscript to publish (Rejection). The decision taken according to referees’ reports is announced to the author or authors as soon as possible.
11. In the event of the reviewers’ demand for further revision, the author is supposed to send the final manuscript by completing the revisions in a month at the latest. The editor sends back the manuscript to the author unless the corrections are made in the stated time.
12. Author(s) are responsible for all ideas and scientific ethics in the articles and any responsibility cannot be given to EUJEF.
13. No copyright payment is made to the author(s) of the accepted manuscripts.
14. The editor of the journal ultimately decides on whether an article is published or not.
15. All articles submitted to the journal system are checked via similarity programs before and after the publication.
17. DOI numbers were assigned for all accepted manuscripts.
16. All articles published in this journal are available for free online access to readers. There is no complimentary print copy of the journal volume.
17. All copyrights of the articles published in the journal are transferred to the EUJEF.
18. There is not any article process charge or any fee in any phase of the publication process in EUJEF. It is totally free of charge for authors.
Ethics Policy & Publication Ethics
The publication process at the Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty is the basis of the improvement and dissemination of information objectively and respectfully. Therefore, the procedures in this process improve the quality of the studies. Peer-reviewed studies are the ones that support and materialize the scientific method. At this point, it is of utmost importance that all parties included in the publication process (authors, readers, and researchers, publishers, reviewers, and editors) comply with the standards of ethical considerations.
Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty expects all parties to hold the following ethical responsibilities.
The following ethical duties and responsibilities are written in light of the guidelines and policies made by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
The authors who submit their manuscripts to Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
1. Author(s) must submit original studies to the Journal. If they utilize or use other studies, they must make the in-text and end-text references accurately and completely.
2. People who have not contributed to the study at the intellectual level should not be indicated as the author.
3. If the manuscripts submitted to be published subject of conflicting interests or relations, these must be explained.
4. During the review process of their manuscripts, the author(s) may be asked to supply raw data. In such a case, the author(s) should be ready to submit such data and information to the editorial board.
5. Author(s) should document that they have the participants’ consent and the necessary permissions related to the sharing and research/analysis of the data that are used.
6. Author(s) bears the responsibility to inform the editor of the Journal or publisher if they happen to notice a mistake in their study, which is in early release or publication process and to cooperate with the editors during the correction or withdrawal process.
7. Authors cannot submit their studies to multiple journals simultaneously. Each submission can be made only after the previous one is completed. A study published in another journal cannot be submitted to the Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty.
8. Author responsibilities are given in a study (e.g., adding an author, reordering of author names) cannot be changed if the review process has begun.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors
The editors Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty should hold the following ethical responsibilities that are based on the guides “COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors” and “COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors” published as open Access by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
General duties and responsibilities
Editors are responsible for each study published in the Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty. In this respect, the editors have the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Making efforts to meet the demand for knowledge from readers and authors,
2. Ensuring the continuous development of the Journal,
3. Managing the procedures aimed to improve the quality of the studies published in the Journal,
4. Supporting intellectual freedom,
5. Ensuring academic integrity,
6. Following the procedures without making concessions on intellectual property rights and ethical standards,
7. Being transparent and clear in issues that require correction or explanation.
Relationships with Readers
Editors must make decisions taking into consideration the knowledge, skills, and expectations of all readers, researchers, and practitioners that they need. Editors must also ensure that the published studies should contribute to the literature and be original. Moreover, they must take notice of the feedback received from readers, researchers, and practitioners and provide explanatory and informative feedback.
Relationships with Authors
Editors have the following duties and responsibilities in their relations with authors:
1. Editors must make positive or negative decisions about the studies’ importance, originality, validity, clarity in wording, and suitability with the Journal’s aims and objectives.
Editors must take the studies that are within the scope of the publication into the pre-review process unless there are serious problems with the study.
2. Editors must not ignore positive suggestions made by reviewers unless there are serious problems with the study.
3. New editors, unless there are serious issues, must not change the previous editor’s decisions about the studies.
4. “Blind Review and Review Process” must be published, and editors must prevent possible diversions from the defined processes.
5. Editors must publish an “Author’s Guide” that is comprehensive enough in answering queries by authors. This guide must be updated regularly.
6. The authors should be provided with explanatory and informative feedback.
Relationships with Reviewers
Editors have the following duties and responsibilities in their relations with reviewers:
1. Choose reviewers according to the subject of the study.
2. Provide the information and guidance reviewers may need during the review process.
3. Observe whether there are conflicting interests between reviewers and authors.
4. Keep the identities of reviewers confidential in a blind review.
5. Encourage the reviewers to review the manuscript in an unbiased, scientific, and objective tone.
Evaluate reviewers regularly based on criteria like performance and timing.
6. Develop practices and policies that increase the performance of reviewers.
7. Take the necessary steps to update the reviewer pool dynamically.
8. Prevent unkind and unscientific reviews.
9. Make an effort to ensure the reviewer pool has a wide range.
Relationships with the Editorial Board
Editors must make sure that the members of the editorial board follow the procedures in accordance with the publication policies and guidelines, and must inform the members about the publication policies and developments. The editors must also train new members of the editorial board and provide the information they need.
Moreover, editors must
1. Ensure that the members of the editorial board review the manuscripts in an unbiased and independent manner.
2. Select the new members of the editorial board from those who can contribute to the Journal and are qualified enough.
3. Send manuscripts for review based on the subject of expertise of the editorial board members.
4. Regularly communicate with the editorial board.
5. Arrange regular meetings with the editorial board for the development of publication policies and the Journal.
6. Relationships with the Journal’s Owner and Publisher
7. The relationship between the editors and publishers is based on the principle of the independence of editors.
Editorial and Blind Review Processes
Editors are obliged to comply with the policies of the “Blind Review and Review Process” stated in the Journal’s publication policies. Therefore, the editors ensure that each manuscript is reviewed in an unbiased, fair, and timely manner.
Editors must make sure that articles in the Journal are published in accordance with the publication policies of the Journal and international standards.
Protection of Personal Information
Editors are supposed to protect the personal information related to the subjects or visuals in the studies being reviewed and to reject the study if there is no documentation of the subjects’ consent. Furthermore, editors are supposed to protect the personal information of the authors, reviewers, and readers.
Encouraging Ethical Rules and the Protection of Human and Animal Rights
Editors are supposed to protect human and animal rights in the studies being reviewed and must reject the experimental studies which do not have ethical and related committee’s approval about the population given in such studies.
Precautions against possible Abuse and Malpractice
Editors are supposed to take precautions against possible abuse and malpractice. They must conduct investigations meticulously and objectively in determining and evaluating complaints about such situations. They must also share the results of the study.
Ensuring Academic Integrity
Editors must make sure that the mistakes, inconsistencies, or misdirections in studies are corrected quickly.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Editors are responsible for protecting the intellectual property rights of all the articles published in the Journal and the rights of the Journal and author(s) in cases where these rights are violated. Also, editors must take the necessary precautions in order to prevent the content of all published articles from violating the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Constructiveness and Openness to Discussion
1. pay attention to the convincing criticism about studies published in the Journal and must have a constructive attitude towards such criticism.
2. Grant the right of reply to the author(s) of the criticized study.
3. Not ignore or exclude the study that includes negative results.
Editors must examine the complaints from authors, reviewers, or readers and respond to them in an explanatory and enlightening manner.
Political and Economic Apprehensions
Neither the owner of the Journal, publisher, or any other political or economic factor can influence the independent decision making of the editors.
Editors, acknowledging that there may be conflicting interests between reviewers and other editors, guarantee that the publication process of the manuscripts will be completed in an independent and unbiased manner.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
The fact that all manuscripts are reviewed through “Blind Review” has a direct influence on the publication quality. This process ensures confidentiality by an objective and independent review. The review process at Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty is carried out on the principle of double-blind review. Reviewers do not contact the authors directly, and the reviews and comments are conveyed through the journal management system. In this process, the reviewer comments on the evaluation forms, and full texts are assigned to the author(s) by the editor. In this context, the reviewers doing review work for the Journal are supposed to bear the following ethical responsibilities:
1. agree to review only in their subject of expertise.
2. review in an unbiased and confidential manner.
3. inform the editor of the Journal if they think that they encounter a conflict of interest and decline to review the manuscript during the review process.
4. dispose of the manuscripts they have reviewed in accordance with the principle of confidentiality after the review process. Reviewers can use the final versions of the manuscripts they have reviewed only after publication.
5. review the manuscript objectively and only in terms of its content and ensure that nationality, gender, religious and political beliefs, and economic apprehension do not influence the review.
6. review the manuscript in a constructive and kind tone, avoid making personal comments, including hostility, slander, and insult.
7. review the manuscript, and they have agreed to review on time and in accordance with the ethical rules stated above.
Ethical Responsibilities of Publisher
Erzincan Binali Yildirim University, the publisher of the Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty, is a non-profit foundation university. Therefore, the Board of Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty is conscious of the fact that they must observe the ethical responsibilities below and act accordingly:
Editors are responsible for all the processes that the manuscripts submitted to the Journal will go through. Within this framework, ignoring the economic or political interests, the decision-makers are the editors.
1. The publisher undertakes to have an independent editorial decision made.
2. The publisher bears all the responsibility to take precautions against scientific abuse, fraud, and plagiarism.
If you encounter any unethical act or content in the Journal, apart from the ethical responsibilities listed above, please notify the Journal by e-mail at email@example.com.
There is no article processing charge in Erzincan University Journal of Education Faculty (EUJEF).