Journal of Computer and Education Research is an international academic refreed journal accepting educational articles in all social and science fields. For the purpose of gathering all the experiences in the education field of the computer and education world JCER accepts quantitative and qualitative studies in all the fields of educational sciences and of field education, meta-analysis studies comprehensively reviewing the related literature, model suggestions and other similar original writings. In addition, special priority is given to up-to-date studies using advanced research/statistical methods and techniques. Besides the methodological efficacy of studies, original and new contributions to the field are also among the basic criteria for the publication of a study.
Articles sent for publication in the journal are first evaluated by the editor, and if approved, they are sent to two refrees, who are university faculty members expert in the related field. The refrees are asked to evaluate the articles in 30 to 45 days. In line with the views of the refrees, the editorial board decides whether to publish or reject the article. Then, the author is contacted and informed about the process.
1.The text should start with “Introduction”, which includes the purpose, scope, the related approaches in literature and the method applied in the study. At the end of the text, there should be such parts as “Discussion and Conclusion” - and if any, “Suggestions”- in which the findings obtained are presented.
2. All the paragraphs in the main text should start with an indentation of 1,25 cm; the font-size should be 11 and the font-character be Palatino with a line-space of 1,5, including the notes and references. The text should be placed on the page with a space of 3cm on the left, 2 cm on the right, 4 cm from the top and 3 cm from the bottom without giving any page number.
3. The Turkish title of the article should be written in bold-type using the font-size of 14; the font-character of Palatino; 15 words at most and all with capital letters; aligned in the middle; and followed by an English title written in bold-type using the font-size of 12; the font-character of Palatino; aligned in the middle; and all the words only with the initial letters being capital. Just below the English title, the names of the authors should be written in bold-type using the font-size of 12 and the font-character of Palatino and aligned in the middle. The Turkish and English abstracts should be placed under the names of the authors. The abstracts should be written using the font-size of 10 and the font-character of Palatino, aligned on both sides. One-line space should be left under the abstract, and at least 3 and at most 5 key words should be written.
4. Figures, pictures, graphics and charts should be numbered in order, and where necessary in the text, the order should be mentioned; titles should be written over; and if cited, the reference should be given as footnotes.
5. The names of the tables and figures should be written in bold-type using the font-size of 10 and the font-character of Palatino, aligned on the left. The writings in the tables and figures should be in font-type of 10 with the font-character of Palatino. For the table demonstration, horizontal lines should be used.
6.The text to be sent should be typed using the word processor of Ms Word.
7. While giving references in the text, the APA 6.0 style, one of the common methods of citing references, should be used. It is the authors’ responsibility whether the references are correct or not. The notes and references should be separated. If any, the notes should be numbered in the text and placed at the bottom of the page in order.
8. In studies sent to the journal, special attention should be paid to language use in terms of spelling, punctuation, grammatical accuracy, clarity, comprehensibility and so on. Therefore, the author is responsible for any problems and criticism likely to occur.
The texts sent to JCER should be written using the American Psychological Association (APA) style while giving the references and the footnotes