The Journal of Engineering Sciences and Design (e-ISSN: 1308-6693) accepts original research articles written in Turkish or English in the field of engineering sciences, scientific studies in case presentation, review, and translation.
Journal of Engineering Sciences and Design (JESD) is an international indexed scientific research journal with referees founded in 2010 hosted by Suleyman Demirel University, Engineering Faculty. JESD has been published in the areas of engineering sciences and design three times in a year including in April, August and December. From 2018, JESD will be published in quarterly, March, June, September and December.
Articles submitted to the journal for publication are evaluated by referees, editorial board and editor. Names of referees evaluating the articles aren’t informed to the authors (Blind peer review). The full-length original research articles, case studies and review articles written in Turkish or English language are published. The submissions are assigned to a DOI number and the JESD does not charge any publication or processing fee.
The Journal of Engineering Sciences and Design (e-ISSN: 1308-6693) provides editorial support on the following subjects in the ULAKBİM-TR INDEX.
Before a new submission process, please check the Author Guidelines... and get an ORCID-Researcher ID from http://orcid.org with a free account.
In terms of publication ethics Journal of Engineering Sciences and Design (JESD) pursues the principles, standards and recommendations of the publication ethics determined by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) and ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors). Accordingly, all the articles that do not comply with the accepted standards of ethics are rejected. The rule also applies to those articles that contain discrepancies that are detected after the publication. In the context of publication ethics, all the shareholders are expected to bear the following ethical responsibilities in brief and all the ethical incidences are going to be evaluated in compliance with COPE rules.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
- Authors should send those articles which have not been published elsewhere or which have not been sent anywhere.
- Authors should give references to all the citations in their articles.
- Authors are accepted to declare that the article belongs to themselves, they do not plagiarise, all the responsibilities due to plagiarism belong to themselves and the journal does not have any responsibility in such cases.
- Authors should guarantee that they give any scientific contribution to the article and it should be accepted that all the authors of the article have equal responsibility.
- The corresponding author should guarantee that all the co-authors mentioned in the article have an agreement on the publication of the article and on being named as co-authors. All the writers who give crucial contributions to the article should be named as co-authors.
- Others should be given a place in the acknowledgment.
- Authors are responsible for declaring the supporting institutions, financial sources, or conflicts of interest.
- In case of necessity, authors should give access to the data sets utilized in the articles.
- The authors should prepare the articles to be published in the Journal in accordance with research and publication ethics. For the research made in the article and for clinical and experimental studies on human and animal that necessitate ethics committee approval separate ethics committee approvals should be taken and these approvals should be mentioned in the article and should be documented.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Any reviewer who is selected for reviewing the article but whose qualifications do not match with the subject of the article and/or to whom the time limitation of the review process is not appropriate should inform the editor and ask for her/his removal from the review process.
- Reviewers are responsible for the concealment of the articles they received and for not using the information attained from the reviewing process for personal interests.
- Reviewers should not share their evaluations reports or information about the article with others and should not directly communicate with the authors without the permission of the editor.
- Reviewers should be intentive about potential ethical incidences in the article and should present them to the editor. This includes similarities and overlappings with the studies of the reviewer published elsewhere.
- Reviewing should be done objectively. Personal criticisms should be avoided and the evaluations should be constructive, honest and polite.
- Reviewers who may have any potential conflicts of interest with (at least) one of the authors due to a competitive, collaborative of other types of relationships or connections should inform the editor before accepting the reviewing process.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editorial Board
- The decision of the selection of articles to be published in the Journal is under the responsibility of the editorial board. The editorial board should carry out the evaluation independent of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship or political philosophy. The decision to be made should be based on the accuracy, validity and importance of the article, and its relevance with the scope of the Journal. Legal necessities should also be consulted in cases of slander, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- The editor or any member of the editorial board should not reveal any information about the article except for the related authors, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial consultants and publishers.
- The information in any article presented but not published should not be used in any research of the editor or of the member of the editorial board without the express written permission of the authors.
No article submission or processing fee is charged from the articles submitted to our journal.