KMUSEKAD is a scientific journal that references the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) during the evaluation and publishing phase of the studies.
Copyright regulations are followed for each work in the journal.
1. The editor of the Karamanoğlu Mehmetbey University Journal of Social and Economic Researches evaluates the papers submitted to the journal according to their academic qualifications.
2. The importance of the study, its originality and contribution to the field are critical.
3. The journal editor has full authority on which publication in the journal will be published or not. The editor should make the publication decision taking into account the legal requirements regarding copyright infringement, conflict of interest, degrading publication and plagiarism. Criteria such as race, gender, ethnicity, religious belief or political opinion should not be taken into consideration during the evaluation of the publications. Submissions should be reviewed without prejudice (Publication and Responsibility Decision and Impartiality).
4. According to the principles of impartiality and diversity, reviewers from different institutions should be appointed for the publications submitted to the journal.
5. Any information should not be disclosed by the editor anywhere and in any way (Privacy).
6. The editor may never use the information or materials of the submitted works for their benefit without author approval. The editor should never conflict with interest concerning accepted or rejected works (Conflicts of Interest and Disclosure).
7. The editor reserves information about the referees and should prevent plagiarism and fake data (Scientific Abuse).
Responsibilities of the authors
1. Each paper which sends to the journal must be original and not published anywhere before. The authors should fill in the "Copyright Transfer Form" for their study. In addition, they should include the statement that Research and Publication Ethics are compiled in the studies.
2. The authors should present the purpose, importance, method and results of the study objectively in the original studies submitted.
3. The authors are deemed to have accepted a detailed examination of the works they submitted.
4. The authors have to prepare and submit the papers according to the writing rules of the journal.
5. The authors are deemed to have declared that the data they used in the works they submitted to the journal were original and real.
6. The authors are obliged to make changes and arrangements that are requested by the referee(s) or editor during the referee evaluation process.
7. The authors should give accurate and explicit references to the resources used in the study.
8. Contributing to the content of the study, the process of data collection, analysis, interpretation of the findings, contributing intellectually to the creation of the content, and approving the final version of the study and publishing it provides the criteria of being an author. Those who meet the criteria of being an author should be qualified as the author of the study.
9. Ethical committee approval must be obtained for experimental studies on humans and animals and this approval must be stated and documented in articles.
10. In studies requiring ethics committee permission, information regarding the authorization should be included in the method section and on the first and last pages of the study.
11. Copyright regulations regarding the works to be used in the papers should be taken into consideration.
Responsibilities of the referees
1. Reviewers who will evaluate the submitted paper should be objective and impartial. Regardless of the religion, gender, race or political view of the authors, their papers should be evaluated.
2. Reviewers have the right to re-examine the papers that are requested to be edited or corrected.
3. There should be no conflict of interest between reviewers and authors, funders or editors.
4. The academician receiving an invitation for the review of a paper should notify the editor as soon as possible if he/she has/has not accepted the evaluation. The reviewer who accepts the evaluation should make the related evaluations within the given time (15 days) and assist the authors in improving the works. While fulfilling all these responsibilities, the reviewer should avoid criticism that would break the dignity and pride of the authors and keep all information about the works confidential.