Many authors have addressed the issue of the budget deficit. This is a question which poses a problem due to the absence of a consensual conceptual and theoretical framework accepted by everyone, on both theoretically and empirically plans.
In the case of the Moroccan economy, it turns out that budget deficit policy prevails because of its adoption as an instrument of economic policy. Indeed, from the 1970s to the present day, the imbalance between expenses and revenues poses the problem of budget deficit in worrying proportions with the constraints of financing economic growth and the multiple economic and social requirements. The persistence of the budget deficit qualified as structural, imposes more than ever its sustainability in an objective and displayed manner. The purpose of this article is to shed light on the problem of the budget deficit and the question of its sustainability. To answer this end, several questions arise:
- The theoretical references of the budget deficit;
- The mixed and irregular nature of public revenue;
- The upward and structural trend in public expenditure;
- The scale and dynamics of the budget deficit;
- The budget deficit between the grip of multiple economic and social requirements, economic growth and the constraint of sustainability;
- The need for sustainability and budgetary recovery.
Problem, budget deficit, debt, revenues