Sakarya Üniversitesi Türk Akademi Dergisi (SAÜTAD) is an academic journal published twice a year within Sakarya University Turkish World Application and Research Center (TURKMER). The journal aims to include interdisciplinary conceptual, empirical and methodological studies that include cultural, social, economic, political and scientific relations with the societies in the geopolitical basins of the Turkic world and aim for scientific production and sharing at the scale of the Turkic world. In addition, SAÜTAD aims to contribute to the field by including studies that will produce social science traditions through the developments that have taken place in the Turkic world from the past to the present and that have important effects both within the Turkish World and in the international arena.
Sakarya Üniversitesi Türk Akademi Dergisi (SAÜTAD) is an international, peer-reviewed, non-profit, professional scientific journal that accepts articles related to the field of the Turkic World. SAÜTAD is published semi-annually online and accepts articles written in Turkish or English. Authors should scrupulously follow the publication ethics. SAÜTAD, which gladly accepts articles from different institutions and countries of the Turkic World, is a publication of Sakarya University Turkish World Application and Research Center (TURKMER).
SAÜTAD publishes qualitative and/or quantitative researches in the following types:
• Standard Papers (original research)
• Project Reports (original research)
• Technical Reports (related to methods, techniques etc.)
• Essay Reviews (short reviews on general interest subjects)
• Forum Papers (short articles presenting new knowledge, or responses to published papers)
📌 The similarity percentage must be less than 20% excluding the
📌 Ethics committee is mandatory for qualitative and quantitative research conducted in 2020 and beyond.
Authors should strictly follow the instructions below when submitting their manuscripts to SAÜTAD:
• APA'7 American Psychological Association's Publication Manual (https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines) should be used as the publication style for articles.
• Submitted manuscripts should be in Turkish or English.
• Abstracts should be between 120 and 250 words.
• The title of the article should be as short as possible and should not exceed 15 words.
• 3 to 5 keywords should be written.
• If the article is in Turkish, an extended English abstract of 600-1000 words under five main headings (Objective, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusion) should be written before the article.
• If the article is in English, there is no need to include a short or long Turkish abstract.
• The article should not exceed 10,000 words (if the article is in Turkish, the abstract and extended abstract should be excluded).
• The problem of the research should be clearly stated in the introduction. Articles should be prepared according to SAÜTAD_Article Format and should be uploaded to the system without the author's name and address on the article.
• After the evaluation process of all submitted manuscripts is completed, the plagiarism report of the study must be submitted by the responsible author to the editor via the platform.
• Click here to review the author guidelines.
The publication policy of the Sakarya Üniveristesi Türk Akademi Dergisi (SAÜTAD) is based on the improvement and dissemination of information in an impartial and respectful manner. The processes applied in line with this policy directly affect the quality of the studies submitted by authors and affiliated institutions. Peer-reviewed studies support and materialize the scientific method. Therefore, all the parties taking part in the process (authors, readers, researchers, publishers, reviewers, editors) should comply with the ethical principles.
Sakarya Üniveristesi Türk Akademi Dergisi expects all its parties to take on the following ethical responsibilities as part of the publication ethics.
The ethical duties and responsibilities listed below are based on the guidelines and policies published as open access by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal is essential for the development of a coherent and respected knowledge network. Peer-reviewed articles support and develop scientific methods. Therefore, it is important for all relevant parties involved in the publishing process, including authors, journal editors, reviewers, and publishing agencies, to agree on the expected ethical behaviors and standards.
The studies that require ethics committee approval are as follows:
• All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants through surveys, interviews, focus group works, observations, experiments and other interview techniques.
• Use of humans and animals (including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
• Clinical studies conducted on humans,
• Studies conducted on animals,
• Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on the protection of personal data,
• A statement confirming that an "informed consent form" has been received in case reports,
• Obtaining permission from the owners for the use of scales, surveys or photographs belonging to others,
• A statement confirming that copyright regulations are met for the intellectual and artistic works used.
9. Policy of Publishing Additional or Special Issues
A special issue can be published in our journal once a year upon the request of the Editorial Board. The publication processes of the articles sent to be included in the special issue are the same as the standard processes.
1. Additional or Special issue: An issue published in addition to the regular issues of a periodically published journal. It may consist of conference papers or a series of articles focusing on a specific topic.
2. Page numbering in the additional or special issue is different from the regular issues.
3. The print run of the additional or special issue cannot be more than one third of the regular issue. The special issues containing conference paper abstracts are not included in this scope.
4. Ratios of case reports, compilations and research articles (excluding conference paper abstracts) published in the additional or special issue will be included in the ratios of articles published in other issues.
5. The issues published as a tribute are not accepted as an additional or special issue. Their page numbering and organization are the same as the regular issues.
10. Plagiarism Action Plan and Measures of the Journal
The journal respects intellectual property rights and aims to protect and promote the original work of its authors. Having plagiarized content in articles do violate the research and originality standards. Therefore, all the authors submitting articles to the journal are expected to comply with the ethical standards and avoid all forms of plagiarism. If a submitted or published article is suspected of containing plagiarism, the Publication Board of the journal first examines the work. Then the work is reviewed by the Editorial Board. Afterwards, the journal contacts the author(s) and asks them to submit their justifications within 15 days. If the journal does not receive any response from the author(s) within the specified time, it would contact the affiliated university and request the investigation of the claim.
The journal will take the following serious measures for published articles that are found to contain plagiarism:
• The journal will immediately contact the university to which the author(s) are affiliated, in order to take final action against the related author.
• The journal will remove the PDF copy of the published article from the website, will remove the published article from the issue file, and will disable all links to the published article. The phrase "Plagiarized Article" will be added to the title of the published article.
• The journal will disable the author's account and reject all future submissions by the author for the following 2 years.
Note: If readers notice an error or inaccuracy in a published article, they can file a complaint by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The author should submit a similarity report for new studies submitted to the journal. Pre-reviewed articles may again be subjected to plagiarism checking in any software.
If plagiarism/self-plagiarism is detected, the authors are informed. An article with a high overall similarity rate (maximum 20%) or with more than 3% similarity rate from a single source may be rejected or sent back to the author to reduce the similarity rate.
Actions that violate scientific research and publication ethics are as follows:
(Turkish Council of Higher Education [YÖK] Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive, Article 4)
Plagiarism: Showing others' original ideas, methods, data or works as their own work, partially or completely, without reference to scientific rules,
Forgery: Using data that does not actually exist or has been falsified in scientific research,
Distortion: Falsifying the research records or data obtained, displaying the equipment or materials not used in the research as if used, distorting or shaping the results of the research in the interests of the people and organizations that provide support,
Republishing: Presenting repetitive publications as separate publications in academic appointments and promotions,
Slicing: Dividing the results of a research into pieces in an improper way or in a way that disrupts the integrity of the research and publishing each one separately to increase total publication count for academic appointments and promotions,
Unfair Authorship: Including non-contributors in the author list or not including those who have contributed, changing the author's order in an unjustified and inappropriate manner, removing the names of contributors from the work in subsequent editions, using influence to include names among the authors despite not being contributors,
Other ethical violations include:
a) Not specifying the supporting individuals, institutions or organizations and their contributions in the publications made as a result of research conducted with support.
b) Using theses or studies that have not yet been submitted or have not been accepted as a source without the permission of the owner,
c) Not complying with ethical rules in research on humans and animals, not respecting patients' rights in publications,
ç) Violating the provisions of the relevant legislation in biomedical research and other clinical research related to humans,
d) Sharing the information in a work that has been assigned for review with others before it is published without the explicit consent of the author,
e) Misusing resources, spaces, facilities and equipment provided or allocated for scientific research,
f) Deliberately making a false and ungrounded allegation about ethical violation,
g) Publishing the data obtained from surveys conducted as part of a scientific study without the explicit consent of the participants, or without the permission of the relevant institution if the study is conducted in an institution,
h) Harming animal health and ecological balance in research and experiments,
ı) Failing to obtain written permissions from authorities that are required for starting research activities or experiments,
i) Conducting research activities or experiments in violation of the related legislation or the provisions on research and experiments in the international conventions to which Turkey is a party,
j) Disregarding the obligation to inform and warn the relevant authorities about possible harmful practices related to the scientific research.
k) Not using the data and information obtained from other individuals or institutions in scientific studies to the extent and as permitted, not respecting the confidentiality of this information and not ensuring its protection,
l) Making false or misleading statements regarding scientific research and publications in academic appointments and promotions.
Ethical Guidelines for Authors
• Studies must be original and based on research.
• It must be ensured that all the persons mentioned as authors/co-authors have contributed to the article. It is against scientific ethics to show persons who have not made any academic contribution as additional authors or to rank the authors by non-scientific criteria such as title, age and gender, regardless of the order of contribution.
• In the articles with multiple authors, it should be clearly stated to what extent the authors have contributed to which stage of the article.
• The article should not be sent to different journals at the same time and should not have been sent to another journal before. If it is found to have been sent to another journal, the publication process will be cancelled.
• It is assumed that the authors who submit articles to the journal have read and accepted the publication and writing principles of the journal, and the authors are deemed to have committed to these principles.
• The citations and bibliography should be complete.
• Plagiarism and fake data should be avoided.
• The similarity rate obtained as a result of the similarity checks should not exceed 20% in order to initiate the peer review process.
• An article may be included in a maximum of 2 PRE-REVIEW processes. The article will be rejected if the feedback conveyed to the author is not revised.
• Authors should not resubmit the same studies previously rejected in our journal. In such a case, the studies will be rejected.
• The corresponding author must inform the journal editor in case of any conflict of interest.
In this scope, WAME can be referred:
Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers
• Peer reviewers should be aware that they play a critical role in the academic quality of the article to be published in the journal, and they should engage in the peer review process with the responsibility of improving academic quality.
• Peer reviewers should only accept to review articles for which they have the expertise to make an appropriate assessment. They should also respect the confidentiality of the blind peer review process and keep the details of the article confidential at all costs.
• After the review process, any information about the reviewed article should not be shared with others under any circumstances.
• Peer reviewers should only evaluate the accuracy of the content of the articles and their compliance with academic criteria. Any difference of opinions between the article's argument and the peer reviewer should not affect the review process.
• Peer review reports should be objective and measurable. Libelous, derogatory or accusatory expressions should definitely be avoided.
• Peer reviewers should avoid superficial or inaccurate statements in their peer review reports. In reviews with negative results, a complete justification should be presented on the aspects that led to the negative result.
• Peer reviewers should review the articles within the time period allotted to them. If they are not going to review the article, they should notify the journal within a reasonable time.
Ethical Guidelines for Editors
• Editors should accept articles that will contribute to the relevant areas specified in the journal policy.
• Editors should not have any conflict of interest with accepted or rejected articles.
• Editors have full responsibility and authority to accept or reject an article.
• It is editors' responsibility to keep the names of peer reviewers and authors mutually confidential.
• Only the articles that will contribute to the relevant field should be accepted.
• If an error is detected, editors should support the correction or retraction of the error.
• It is the duty of editors to complete the pre-review, peer review, editing and publishing processes of the articles submitted to the journal in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Editors should not assign people who do not contribute to the journal as editorial board members or associate editors.
Complaints and Appeals
Sakarya Üniversitesi Türk Akademi Dergisi (SAÜTAD) handles complaints and appeals by following the below procedure. Complaints including but not limited to the long delays in handling studies and publication ethics initially be handled by the Editor-in-Chief of SAÜTAD. The Editor-in-Chief examines complaints and appeals together with the Editorial Board if applicable. If anything occurs about complaints and appeals please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
Complaints About the Content of a Paper
The Editor-in-Chief examines the complaints of the author(s), and the reports of the reviewers and make a decision:
• The confirmation of the rejection of the paper,
• The appeal of the author should be considered,
• A fresh opinion form an independent reviewer is needed.
The final decision of the Editor-in-Chief is notified to the author(s). The explanations of the consequences of the appeal is shared with the author(s) if necessary. This is the final decision of SAÜTAD.
Complaints About the Process
The complaints about the process are handled by the Editor-in-Chief. Long delays in handling studies are examined by editors of SAÜTAD and any necessary issues are shared with the Editor-in-Chief. The Editor-in-Chief considers are complaints and ensures that Assistant Editors share the necessary feedback with the author(s).
Complaints About Ethics
The Editor-in-Chief considers complaints about publication ethics of the author's or reviewer's conduct. The Editor-in-Chief follow the publication ethics which are published on the Sakarya Üniversitesi Türk Akademi Dergisi (SAÜTAD) website. The editorial board of SAÜTAD examines the concern of complaints or reviewers. The details amd progress of the examination are shared with the complainant(s) clearly. The Editor-in-Chief or Assistant Editors provide feedback to the complaintant(s) on the manner of action and the final decision.
Objections and Appeals
The Editorial Board of the journal deals with objections and appeals within the scope of COPE guidelines. Authors can contact the Editorial Office directly for their objections and appeals. When needed, an impartial representative will be appointed for issues that cannot be resolved by the Editorial Board. The Editor-in-Chief will make the final decision in the decision-making processes regarding objections and appeals.
• SAÜTAD is an open-access journal which does not request any subscription fees.
• SAÜTAD does not request any fees for article submission, reviewing and editing processes, page-layout and publication (page or color fees).
• SAÜTAD does not pay any fees to authors, reviewers, editors and editorial board members.
• All papers on SAÜTAD are free to read and download.
• SAÜTAD sign on to the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI), which promotes free access to research literature, and has adopted the Open Access Principles that clarified in this initiative.
• All papers on SAÜTAD are archived with LOCKSS (Lots Of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system through TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM DergiPark.
• SAÜTAD does not accept announcements, advertisements, sponsorships, etc. due to its publication policy.
• We do not offer a reprint service for those requiring professional quality reproductions of papers
The average time during which the preliminary assessment of manuscripts is conducted: 3
The average time during which the reviews of manuscripts are conducted: 60
The average time in which the article is published: 90
No fee is charged from the author or institution under any name.
• SAÜTAD does not request any fees for article submission, reviewing and editing processes, page-layout, and publication (page or color fees).
• SAÜTAD does not pay any fees to authors, reviewers, editors, and editorial board members.
• All papers on SAÜTAD are free to read and download.
• SAÜTAD signed on to the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI), which promotes free access to research literature and has adopted the Open Access Principles that are clarified in this initiative.
• All papers on JMSM are archived with the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system through TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM DergiPark.
• SAÜTAD does not accept announcements, advertisements, sponsorships, etc. due to its publication policy.
• SAÜTAD is an open-access journal that does not request any subscription fees.
• We do not offer a reprint service for those requiring professional-quality reproductions of papers.
• All expenses of the SAÜTAD journal are covered by the publisher.