Upon certifying that neither the manuscript nor its main contents have already been published or submitted for publication in another journal, papers are accepted for possible publication process.
, which can be found at the journal web-site, must be signed by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors and must accompany all papers submitted. Please see the form for additional copyright details. After a manuscript has been submitted, it is not possible to add or remove or to change the order of authors. If authors do so, their submission will be cancelled.
Manuscripts may be rejected without peer review by the editorial team if they do not comply with the instructions for authors or if they are beyond the scope of the journal. After a manuscript has been accepted for publication, i.e. after referee-recommended revisions are complete, the author will not be permitted to make changes from the manuscript that was accepted by the editor. Before publication, the galley proofs are always sent to the authors for corrections. Mistakes, which occur due to some negligence on our part during final printing will be corrected in an errata section in a later issue, if they exist. However, that process does not include those errors left uncorrected by the author in the proof.
TURJE follows the guidelines, given by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) for any publication disputes.
The following ethical duties and responsibilities are written in the light of the guide and policies made by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal is essential in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. Therefore, it is important for all parties involved in the publication process: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, and the publisher to agree upon the standards of expected ethical considerations.
Responsibilities of Authors:
The authors who submit their manuscripts to Turkish Journal of Education are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
· Authors obliged to participate in peer review process.
· Each author must contribute to the research equally.
· Authors should state that all data in article are real and authentic.
· Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
· Authors should list the references and any financial support.
· Authors should document that there is no plagiarism, no fraudulent data in their studies.
· Authors are forbidden to publish same research in more than one journal.
· If the manuscripts submitted to be published are subject of conflicting interests or relations, these must be explained.
· Author(s) should document that they have the participants' consent and the necessary permissions related with the sharing and research/analysis of the data that are used.
· Author(s) should provide (is their study required) Ethics Committee Approval Certificate. More information please click here
· Author(s) must upload the originality report of their study while submitting a study. More information please click here
Responsibilities of Reviewers
The review process at Turkish Journal of Education is carried out on the principle of double blind review which has direct influence on the publication quality and ensures confidentiality by objective and independent review. Reviewers do not contact the authors directly, and the reviews and comments are conveyed through the journal management system. Therefore, the reviewers working for Turkish Journal of Education are supposed to accept the following ethical responsibilities:
· review the manuscript objectively.
· have no conflict of interest with regard to the research, the authors and/or the research funders.
· point out relevant published work which is not yet cited.
· treat the articles confidentially.
· review the manuscript in a constructive and kind tone, avoid making personal comments including hostility, slander and insult.
· review the manuscript on time and in accordance with the ethical rules stated above.
· inform the editor if they encounter conflict of interests and decline to review the manuscript during the review process.
Responsibilities of Editors:
Editors are responsible for each study published in Turkish Journal of Education. Therefore, the editors must comply with roles and responsibilities based on the guides "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and published as open Access by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Editors must:
· ensure that each manuscript is reviewed in an unbiased, fair and timely manner.
· make sure that articles in the journal are published in accordance with the publication policies of the journal and international standards to ensure the quality.
· have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article;
· have no conflict of interest with regard to articles they reject/accept;
· ensure the continuous development of the journal,
· promote publication of correction or retraction when errors are found.
· preserve anonymity of reviewers.
· monitor publishing ethics by editorial board;
· maintain the integrity of the academic record;
· exclude business needs from compromising intellectual and ethical standards;
· always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
· select the new members of the editorial board from those who can contribute to the journal and are qualified enough.
· send manuscripts for review based on the subject of expertise of the editorial board members.
· regularly communicate with the editorial board.
· publish ethics issues
· arrange meetings with the editorial board for the development of publication policies and the journal.
Responsibilities of Publisher
Turkish Journal of Education is committed to ensure that commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. Also, TURJE will cooperate with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful to editors. Publisher must hold the following responsibilities:
· Editors are responsible for all the processes that the manuscripts submitted to TURJE will go through and the decision-makers are the editors.
· The publisher accepts to have an independent editorial decision made.
· The publisher must protect the intellectual property rights of all the articles published in TURJE and keep a record of each unpublished article.
· The publisher bears all the responsibility to take the precautions against scientific abuse, fraud and plagiarism.
The use of third parties’ ideas or words in their original form or slightly changed without a proper citation is considered as “plagiarism” and will not be tolerated. Even if a citation is given, if quotation marks are not placed around words taken directly from another author’s work, the author is still guilty of plagiarism. Reuse of the author’s own previously published words, with or without a citation, is regarded as self-plagiarism. All manuscripts received must be submitted with the Originality Report, which compares the content of the manuscript with the other published materials. In the case of a solid similarity to other published materials, the submitted materials are directly rejected and will not be considered for publication. Author(s) must upload the originality report of their study while submitting a study. More information please click here
The peer review process is of utmost importance for the success of scientific publishing. Committed to the protection and enhancement of the peer review process, TURJE has an obligation to assist the scientific community in all aspects of publishing ethics, especially in cases of (suspected) duplicate submission or plagiarism.
When a reader discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in a paper published in Turkish Journal of Education or has any other complaint about editorial content (plagiarism, duplicate papers, etc.), he/she should make a complaint by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Considering complaints as an opportunity to improve, we try to respond quickly and constructively.
Articles can be withdrawn and author can be added only at pre-review process.