1. Manuscripts in Turkish and English languages should be
written as a justified text leaving 25 mm from all margins, in 12pt Times New
Roman text character, in single-spaced page format and A4 (210 × 297 mm) size. All manuscripts including
figures and tables should not exceed 16 pages for scientific articles, 10 pages
for reviews, 6 pages for case reports and short communications and 4 pages for
letters to the editor except references.
2. The manuscripts in *.doc or *.docx formats and figures of maximum 300dpi resolution in *.jpeg or *.tiff formats and tables should be sent via DergiPark.
Three files to be summited during the Application
a. a. Title Page
3. Type of manuscript (original research, up-to-date/invited review, case report, short communication, letter to the editor) is indicated.
4. Title summarizing the subject is written. It is suggested not to exceed 10 words.
5. After the first letter of names and all letters of surname of authors are written in capital letters, institutions and addresses of authors should be written via enumerating the names by superscripts. Names of cities and countries should be indicated in addresses. ORCID number submission is not obligatory. ORCID numbers can be written after addresses with an indication of letters.
6. The responsible author should be indicated with “*” and after address lines, full address, e-mail, and phone number should be added. Institution information should be enumerated starting with 1 and address, name of city and country should be added under authors’ names. Example:
The structure of papilla filliforms in mice under light and scanned electron microscope
Burhan TOPRAK1, a,*
1. Veterinary Control Central Research Institute, Laboratory of Genetics, 06020, Ankara, Turkey
a. ORCID: 0000-0003-1082-4559
*firstname.lastname@example.org, Ahmet Şefik Kolaylı Cad. No: 23-1 06200, Keçiören-Phone: +903123254826
Use of laboratory animals Ethics Committee and other decisions of Ethics Committee and Permissions: Information about related decisions (Issue of institution, date, and number) should be given under this title.
Acknowledgment: This part should take place in the title page. All communications presented in congresses earlier should be indicated in title page with name, place, and date of congress.
Financial Support and Conflict of interest: All persons and institutions in support of finance and, if any, conflict of interest with authors should be disclosed at the end of the article. In case of no conflict of interest, it should be stated as “There is no person/institution funding the work and authors have no conflicts of interest."
b. b. The main text of Article
7. Title, abstract and up to five keywords should be uploaded in both Turkish and English. They should also be uploaded to the system with the main text and resources, but as a separate file from the title page. For non-Turkish language speakers, a Turkish language title, summary and keywords will be written by the editorial staff.
8. In original scientific research, case reports and short reports should be prepared according to the following range. Turkish and English titles, abstracts, at least five keywords, introduction, materials and methods, findings, discussion and conclusions and references.
9. Tables and figures should be separately uploaded to the system and also placed where they should be in the text.
10. Name of the author, institution, e-mail information and so on. details don't should be In this main text file. All lines should be numbered continuously.
11. The summary should briefly describe the results and conclusion, less than 250 words.
12. Five keywords should be selected from Medical Subject Headings, should be written in alphabetical order.
13. The introduction should include summary literature relaventing subject of the article and the purpose of the study should be emphasized in the last paragraph.
14. Materials and methods should be written in a comprehensible way and be aware giving details. Subtitle can be used if desired. Subtitles must be defined in italic font. (Extraction process, Statistical method, Experimental design, etc.)
15. In the findings, the data should be clearly indicated without repetition. Findings should be supported by tables and figures and presented briefly. Table headings should be indicated above the table and figure and graphic headings should be given below the figure. The coding of tables and figures should be indicated by numeric or alpha-numeric symbols.
16. In the Discussion and Conclusion, the findings obtained from the research should be compared with the findings of other researchers and their contribution to the literature should be specified.
17. References should be listed and numbered alphabetically and chronologically according to the surnames. References in the text should be written as author surname and date of publication, for example, Toprak (2006); Toprak and Erol (2007); Toprak et al. (2008); Toprak (2012, 2013). If the references are at the end of the sentence, references should be written only in parenthesis as the surname of the author and date of publication and the surname of the author and the date of publication should be also written before the punctuation mark. For example (Soil 2006; Soil and Soil 2007; Soil et al. 2008; Soil 2012, 2013); If more than one reference is to be given at the end of the sentence, the references should be ordered from small to large in order of date. “&” mark should not be used instead of “and”.
18. Abbreviations of journals should be made based on the last edition of “Periodical Title Abbreviations: By Abbreviation". In the list of references, if the author has more than one publication of the same year, it should be indicated with “a” and “b next to the publication date.
19. Reference writing and ranking should be done as follows;
Dubey JP, Lindsay DS, Anderson ML, Davis SW, Shen SK, (1992). Induced transplacental transmission of N. caninum in cattle. J Am Vet Med Ass. 201, 709-713.
Fleiss Jl, (1981). Statistical methods for rates and proportions. Second edition. New York: John Willey and Sons, p.103.
For edited books:
Balows A, Hausler WJ, Herramann Kl, eds., (1990). Manual of Clinical Microbiology. Fifth edition. Washington DC: IRL Press, p.37.
For the chapter in edited books:
Bahk J, Marth EH, (1990). Listeriosis and Listeria monocytogenes. Cliver DD. eds. Foodborne Disease. Academic Press Inc, San Diego. p.248-256
For congress papers:
Çetindağ M, (1994). Pronoprymna ventricosa, a new digenic trematoda from the Alosa fallax in Turkey. Eighth International Congress of Parasitology (ICOPA VIII), October, 10-14, İzmir-Turkey.
Aksoy E, (1997). Sığır Vebası hastalığının histolojik ve İmmunoperoksidaz yöntemle tanısı üzerine çalışmalar. Ph.D. Thesis, Ankara University Institute of Health Sciences, Ankara
It is not recommended to use other internet sites other out of website of the official institutions (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, OIE, FAO, etc.). Anonymous, (2009). Contagious equine metritis. Access address: HTTP: // www.cfsph.iastate.edu/Factsheets/pdf, Date of access: 17.10.2009.
Peter AT (2009). Abortions in dairy cows. Access address: HTTP:// www.wcds.afns.ualberta.ca.htm, Date of access: 14.11.2009.
20. if doi number available, Doi number should be written at the end of the references.
c. Full article: Full text created by combining title and main text content should be uploaded to the system as * .pdf file.
21. If the references are ranked alphabetically, there is no need to renumber them.
22. It should be attention to the use of symbols. For example, as multiplication sign, “x"” should be used instead of “×”.
23. Latin genus and species names should be written in italics (Monachus monachus, Anisakis sp.). All dimensions should be given according to SI (Systeme Internationale).
24. The brand, model and production place information of the chemical and kit used in the experiments should be written. Example: Blu-T4 ETVAC vaccine (Central Veterinary Control and Research Institute, Ankara, Turkey).
25. It should be applied with three files consisting of the title page, the main text of the article, and the full article.
26. The decision to publish works that are deemed appropriate to publish shall be notified to the author(s).
27. When writing articles in Turkish, the vocabulary rules should be based on the sources prepared by the Turkish Language Association.
28. Articles sent to the journal are published according to the date of acceptance. The journal may change the publishing rank when it deems necessary.