Focus and Scope
Harran Education Journal (HEJ) publishes novel, high-impact papers and studies on the field of education research. It was founded by the Faculty of Education of Harran University in 2016.
The HEJ is an international, online and peer-reviewed journal which provides open access to researchers and academics studying in the field of Education.
Published twice a year (summer and winter), the Journal encourages the submission of manuscripts from around the world, and from the academic fields of Education.
Please prepare your manuscript following the instructions for authors given below before submitting it:
1. Manuscripts are accepted in English or Turkish.
2. The Journal has an electronic submission system only. To submit your article, visit journal’s homepage and click on the submit a manuscript link. Please be sure to register in order to start submission process.
3. Articles should not exceed 9000 words including appendices.
4. Text must be in 10-point Times New Roman. All pages must be typed, double-spaced (including references, footnotes, and endnotes). Page should be in A4 size and must include margins of 2,5 cm (.98 inch) on all the four sides and number all pages (except for the title page) sequentially. Page numbers must be placed at the top right side.
5. Manuscripts should be prepared using the APA Style Guide (Sixth Edition). The elements like tables, figures, pictures, graphics etc. should be placed inside the text and fitted within the page limits. Text must be in 10-point and single-spaced in elements like tables, figures, pictures and graphics.
6. The manuscript should include the following:
a) Print the English abstract (no more than 200 words) on a separate page headed by the full article title and followed by keywords including 3 to 5 words.
b) Sections in an application study may include the following (in this order): (1) Introduction, (2) Methods, (3) Findings, (4) Discussion, and (5) Conclusion. Methods part may include subsections like sample, data collection procedure and analysis of the data.
c) Review studies should present the problem, analyse the related literature effectively, focus on gaps and contradictions in the literature and mention the steps of the solution.
d) Titles, texts, tables, figures, quotations, citations and references should be written with respect to APA Style Guide (Sixth Edition).
f) For manuscripts submitted in Turkish, an extended abstract should be written in English including at least 750 and at most 1000 words. Extended abstract may include the following (in this order): (1) Title, (2) Introduction, (3) Methods, (4) Findings, (5) Discussion, and (6) Conclusion.
7. For accepted manuscripts, all authors must state (in a letter) that the work described has not been published previously, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is read and approved by all authors. This letter should be sent to the Journal via e-mail, mail or fax. Upon acceptance of an article, licence to publish of the article is granted to the Journal.
8. During the submission, authors should make sure to send following files:
- A file that contains information for all authors and main text (for Editor).
- A manuscript file in which authors avoid self-identification in the text or references of the manuscript (for blind-reviewers).
- For manuscripts submitted in Turkish, an abstract should be written in Turkish including 200 words and an extended abstract should be written in English including at least 600 and at most 1000 words.
The authors who submit their manuscripts to Harran Education Journal are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
In accordance with its publishing policies, Harran Education Journal oblige each study that has undergone the "Blind Review Process" to be detected for plagiarism to protect the integrity of the study. Therefore, copies of the study are detected for plagiarism by a company chosen by the editorial board. Incurring fees are paid by the author(s).
The plagiarism detection is done by Turnitin and iThenticate softwares. The matches found in each study after plagiarism detection are analysed in detail and those matches with correct reference and cross-reference are sorted. In the next step, the mistakes in the remaining matches are determined and reported to the editorial board. The board, then, makes a final decision in the light of the plagiarism detection report. The author(s) may be asked to correct the mistakes listed in the report or the study may be returned to the author(s).
Authors of accepted manuscripts will be required to accept following conditions:
a) Authors retain the copyright of the article and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b) Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
-The article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal.
-Confirm that the submission file format is correct and is sent using a standard word-processing program (OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF or WordPerfect).
-Confirm that the Tables and Figures are located in the correct location rather than end of the page.
-Confirm that all pages must be typed double-spaced and must be in 10-point Times New Roman.
- Please provide the highest quality figure format possible.
- Please note that our submission system has a limited space for submission files. When the files are out of the limit, please divide your file into main text, references, appendices etc. and send each of them separately.
- Please be sure that the appropriate style and bibliography rules for the text were applied presented in Author Guidelines under “About Journal” section.
-The journal operates a double-blind confidential peer-review process.