· Basic Islamic Sciences: The Quran, Hadith, Exegesis, Islamic Jurisprudence, Kalam, History of Islamic Sects, Sufism, and Arabic Language and Literature;
· Philosophy and Religious Sciences: Islamic Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion, Logic, Psychology of Religion, Sociology of Religion, Education of Religion, and History of Religions;
· Islamic History and Arts: Islamic History, History of Islamic Arts, Turkish-Islamic Literature, and Religious Music.
· In addition to the basic study fields mentioned above, articles regarding Ottoman Studies, National Culture, History and Middle East Studies will be published in JAD
· Journal of Analytic Divinity accepts articles and academic publications, which study Turkish Divinity’s experience with regard to Turkish culture, and history and cultural values of Islam. The journal aims to pave the way for related academic and scientific studies.
· Biannualy (15 June & 15 December)
· JAD is a peer-reviewed academic journal published twice a year.
Review of Articles
· Articles submitted to JAD are first reviewed by the Editorial Board in terms of the journal's publishing principles.
· Those found unsuitable are returned to their authors for revision.
· Academic objectivity and scientific quality are considered as the paramount importance.
· Submissions found suitable are referred to two referees working in relevant fields. The names of the referees are kept confidential and referee reports are archived for five years. If one of the referee reports is positive and the other is negative, the article may be forwarded to a third referee for further assessment or alternatively, the Editorial Board may make a final decision based on the nature of the three reports. The authors are responsible for revising their articles in line with the criticism and suggestions made by the referees and the Editorial Board. If they disagree with any issues, they may make an objection by providing clearly-stated reasons. Submissions which are not accepted for publication are not returned to their authors.
· This journal uses double-blind review fulfilled by at least three referees. In addition, all articles are checked by means of a program in order to confirm they are not published before and avoid plagiarism.
· At the latest within three months it is decided on whether the article will be published or not and the author is informed about the decision.
· Names of the referees are written in the relevant issue.
· A maximum of one works of the same author (manuscript or translation) can be published in the same issue.
· The information below must be given: The title of the paper, the name and surname of the author, his/her title and institution and ORCID number must be specified. Besides, information of the author (e-mail address) must be given completely.
Language of Publication
· The language of JAD are Turkish as spoken in Turkey, English and Arabic.
· Articles contain an English title, an abstract (at least 150 words), keywords (at least 5 concepts) and a bibliography prepared with the APA Style.
Notes and Bibliography
· JAD reguires writers to use the APA “notes and bibliography” system of referencing.
· Manuscripts should be prepared according to APA.
· Papers will be tested in that are subjected to plagiarism detection program (iThenticate), whether they contain plagiarism or not.
Open Access Policy
· This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research free available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
· For non-commercial purposes, lets others distribute and copy the article, and to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), as long as they credit the author(s) and provided they do not alter or modify the article.
· Each issue is forwarded to libraries and international indexing institutions within one month after its publication.
· JAD does not charge any article submission, processing charges, and printing charge from the authors.
· We request that authors transfer (assign) the copyright in their articles to JAD before publication. This ensures that we have the right to work with, reproduce and to make your article available to readers. This is the case whether you have chosen to publish on a subscription-only or on a gold open access basis. Following the submission of your article we will ask you to electronically submit an Assignment of Copyright form.The assignment of copyright in your article is effective only from the date on which the article is accepted for publication. If you withdraw your article, or if it is not accepted, the transfer does not take effect.
· The main features of the copyright assignment are that:
Authors transfer the worldwide copyright in their work to JAD Publishing in all formats and media;
Authors assert their moral right to be identified as the authors of the article;
for subscription-only articles, JAD grants back to authors certain rights for the future use of their own work;
provision is made for situations where copyright is owned by an author’s employer as well as for government employees; in the case of multi-author articles, only one author should submit the form but he or she should have obtained the verbal agreement of all the other authors beforehand.
· As well as addressing matters of copyright, the form contains assertions that all authors have received the final version of the article, have agreed to it being submitted and that the content of the paper is not defamatory, fabricated or an infringement of third-party rights. JAD uses a single copyright form. Section 1 applies to authors submitting their work for subscription-only publication and Section 2 to those submitting for gold open access publication.
· All scientific and legal responsibilities of the published works belong to the author or authors.
Preparation and Submissions
· Submission to this journal proceeds totally online.
· Submissions to JAD should be original articles evaluating previous studies in the field and should produce new and worthwhile ideas and perspectives.
· Manuscripts should be between 4500 and 9000 words in length (including references, tables and figures).
· State the objectives of the work and provide an adequate background, avoiding a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results.
· Results should be clear and concise.
· An article to be published in JAD should not have been previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
· Papers presented at a conference or symposium may be accepted for publication if this is clearly indicated.