Journal of the Institute of Science and Technology
1. The manuscripts must be uploaded as word file by corresponding author. The corresponding author must track the manuscript for all processes.
2. Evaluated manuscripts which have novelties are sent to the reviewers. If the reviewers want to revisions about manuscripts, authors must upload revision of the manuscript in a next thirty (30) days. If they do not make necessary revision in time, evaluation processes of the manuscripts are finished automatically.
3. If the manuscripts are original research paper or technical notes; They must contain English title, English abstract, English keywords, INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS AND DISCUSSION, CONCLUSION, ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS (If any), REFERENCES sections.
4. If they are review, they must contain again English title, English abstract, English keywords, INTRODUCTION, CONCLUSION and REFERENCES sections. If the authors want to add new section for review, they can add between the INTRODUCTION and CONCLUSION sections.
5. Title of the manuscripts and main sections of the manuscripts (ABSTRACTS, INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS AND DISCUSSION, CONCLUSION, ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS (If any), and REFERENCES) must be typed as bold and should not be numbered.
6. The titles of the main sections of the manuscripts must be typed via capital letters. For second degree titles, first letter of the words must be typed as capital and for third degree titles, first letter of the first word must be typed as capital. If the author(s) want to number the second and third degree titles, they can use numbers for them.
7. The manuscripts must be organized as short, clear, not exceed 14 words and, the first letters of the words of the titles (except “and”, “with” …like words) must be typed as capital. The title must be bold and, Author(s) is not allowed to use abbreviation in the title.
8. In pre-control and evaluation processes of the manuscripts, authors must be revised their manuscript in 10 days.
9. You can reach example of manuscripts which is corrected according to our manuscript rules.
B-PAGE FORMAT RULES
1. Except titles of the manuscripts, other parts must be justified and should be not put any indented paragraph
2. The text of the manuscripts must be placed in A4 size pages as 12 font size, Times New Roman font and two line spacing.
3. Author(s) must adjust margins as 3 cm for top, bottom, right and left.
4. The text must be typed as one column and, page numbers must be added for all pages
5. Line numbers must be given for all lines as restarting each page.
6. Page numbers uttermost of the original research articles, technical notes and reviews must be 16, 5 and 20 pages, respectively.
C-ABSTRACT AND KEYWORDS
1. Abstract of the manuscripts should not be exceeded 300 words and authors must be avoided from abbreviation and citation.
2. Keywords should be placed after abstracts and must be at least 3 words and uttermost 6 words. The keywords must be must be separated via comma (,)
D-IMAGES AND TABLES
1. Author(s) must be used “Figure” and “Table” for figures and tables. In addition, “Figure 1.” and “Table 1.” expressions in the table and figures writings. The expressions and footnotes belonging to figures and tables must be places bottom of them as 10 font size and, author(s) should not put dot in the end of this expressions or footnotes.
2. Table writings must be placed on the table as 12 font size but the contents of the table must be typed as 10 font size. Figures, graphs, images and like them must be evaluated as figures and their writings must be given under the figures. Tables and Figures must be placed to related place in text and should not be placed in the end of manuscripts.
1. Equations must be numbered and numbers must be given as align to right in the bracket. They must be typed as 12 font size and variables must be italic but digits as normal. When the author(s) is citing the equations, they must use the expression “Equation 1.”
F-CITING THE PAPERS
1. If the cited paper is published by one author, by two authors, for more authors, they must be typed as (Last name, year), (Last name and Last name, year) and (Last name et al., year) in the text, respectively.
2. If the author(s) want to cite more than one paper in one point, they must separate the citation by a semicolon (;) and organized them chronologically (Last name, 1977; Last name et al., 2013)
3. If the author(s) cite a website, they must be used (Anonymous, year).
G- UNITS AND NUMBERS
1. Author(s) must be used units of the System International in all manuscripts.
2. While the typing decimal number, authors must use dot (.) instead of comma (,) in decimal (instead of 20,23 type as 20.23).
3. In the units, they are not allowed to use “/” sign, instead of it, they must put a space then, type as superscript (instead of g/L, type g L-1).
4. Typing the big numbers, numbers must be separated as in threes by space (instead of 100000, type as 100 000).
1. References must be type as 10 font size, via 1 cm hanging indent and in alphabetical order and, their format must be typed in below:
Adhoum NB, Monser L, 2004. Decolourization and removal of phenolic compounds from olive mill wastewater by electrocoagulation. Chemical Engineering and Processing, 43: 1281–1287.
Anonymous. Igdir Meteorology Provincial Directorate Data, 2015.
Aydın L, Girişgin OA, Kütükoğlu F, Çakmak S, 2003. Drug utilization in bee culture. II. Marmara Bee Culture Congress, 28-30 April 2003, Yalova. Turkey.
Duzen BC, 2010. Electrical properties of the Schottky diodes for wide range temperatures. University of Yale, Engineering Faculty, (unpublished) Ph.D thesis, 62p.
Winer BJ, Brown DR, Michels KM, 1991. Statistcal Principles in Experimetal Design. Third Edition, Boston, USA. 902 p.
Quotation From Internet;
Hadhia B, 2009. Annual Summaries. http://www.hoadhia.com/page7.html. (access date: 15th December, 2009).
I- SUBMITTING THE MANUSCRIPT TO THE SYSTEM
1.When the manuscripts information is entering to the journal system, full name of the author(s) and their affiliations must be typed as clear and should not be used abbreviations and any academic title.
2.In the manuscript, authors do not allowed to type their names and affiliations because of double blind review system. They must type their names and affiliations in the cover page.
3. When the manuscripts are submitting to journal, authors must upload copyright transfer form and ethical board reports (if any) and confirm check list.
4. Tables and figures must be given in the main document which should not be loaded as an additional file.