Submission of Papers: Manuscripts submitted to the journal should not be published elsewhere or sent for publication. Authors are requested to submit an electronic copy of their original works to given “system address” (preferred) or one hard-copy to mail address and a soft-copy to “e-mail address” below. It is necessary for the authors to submit their manuscripts together with the “Copyright Release Form”. “Copyright Release Form” can be downloaded from the web page (“Copyright” page) of JNSE.
Dr.Mehmet Bilge Kağan ÖNAÇAN
Milli Savunma Üniversitesi
Barbaros Deniz Bilimleri ve Mühendisliği Enstitüsü
Deniz Harp Okulu Yerleşkesi
34942 Tuzla/ İSTANBUL/TÜRKİYE
Types of Contributions: The journal publishes original papers, review articles; technical notes; short communications; book reviews; letters to the editor; extended reports of conferences and meetings.
Manuscript Evaluation Process: The Peer Review Step:
· The content and the layout format of manuscript are examined and the originality of study is checked by iThenticate software programme.
· The language and correlation of the abstract with Turkish part are checked.
· Manuscript which has a similarity index above 40% is rejected. Manuscript, which has a similarity index between 20% and 40% (not more than 4% from a single source), which is not appropriate for the writing rules of JNSE or which needs correction in English and Turkish abstract, is informed to the author and it is requested to revise the manuscript by the author within “two weeks”. Otherwise, the manuscript is considered as a withdrawal.
Our journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. So, the uploaded manuscript does not contain the name, address and affiliation of author(s). The manuscript evaluation steps are as follows;
· Editor is assigned by the Editor in Chief
· The relevant reviewers are assigned by the Editor
· As a result of the reviewer’s evaluation, the manuscript may be rejected, accepted or a correction for the manuscript may be requested.
· If the negative feedback is given by major number of the reviewers the process is terminated and the article is rejected.
· If major/minor revisions are required for the manuscript, the author has to do this revision according to the reviewers’ comments in “three weeks”.
· If the revision is accepted by the reviewers, the article is accepted.
The workflow diagram for the evaluation process can be accessed from the web page of the journal.
The articles submitted to JNSE to be published are free of article submission, processing and publication charges. The accepted articles are published free-of-charge as online from the journal website and printed.