THE JOURNAL OF TURKISH EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
Focus and Scope
The Journal of Turkish Educational Sciences (JTES) is a refereed journal with double blind peer review process for papers, published biannual by Gazi University. The journal seeks to serve the professional interests of individuals working in various educational disciplines and to advance the educational science through the publication of empirical research, as well as theoretical, conceptual, and integrative review articles that will stimulate further empirical research on the educational issues. Especially, preferences are given to articles that report educational research, suggested models, reviews of recent literature and discussions that are relevant to educational concerns and issues.
Manuscript Style and Format
APA Style (the style set by the American Psychological Association, sixth edition) is used for text references and notes. To be considered for publication, manuscripts should be written in the format to satisfy the following conditions;
1) Written in Paletino Linotype format, 10 pt., 1.5 spacing throughout with margins of 2.5 cm. and should not exceed 20 pages.
2) Paragraph indentation should be 0.75 cm. and not exceed.
3) Tables, figures, pictures and graphics should not exceed margins. For this reason, they can be written with using 8 pt. and with single spacing. And also, all the tables, figures, pictures and graphics should be placed in its relevant part of the text.
4) Written with the adequate consideration of Turkish and English language use especially including spelling rules.
5) Must contain the following components: Title page, abstract (Turkish and English), keywords, main text, references, summary (extended summary) appendices, tables, figure titles, figures, notes and correspondence addresses.
6) Must be written in the format of ‘Manuscript Template’ and the papers, which do not have the manuscript template format and appropriate language use, will not be accepted for submission.
Submission Requirements and Process
JTES publishes only original works that have not been previously published and that are not under consideration by any other publication. For the papers presented in a congress or symposium, the name, place and the dates of the congress or symposium should be stated and for the papers sponsored by an institution, the name of the institution and the project number should be written.
After editorial pre-evaluation, manuscripts will be sent to three referees and they will be sent back to the authors for any corrections when necessary and in this case, it is authors’ own responsibility to return the emended manuscript to the journal, so that the referees re-evaluate the manuscript. If two of the referees state negative opinions on the manuscript, the paper will be rejected and not admitted for publication. However, about the papers on which the referees agree positively, the editor will reach the final decision to publish or not based on his/her own evaluation and the opinions of the referees.
Authors are responsible for the opinions expressed in the paper and manuscripts submitted to the JTES will not be returned whether they are published or not. It is obligatory for the researchers to keep the data for 5 years. Due to our publishing policies, from time to time some of the data and analysis programs may be requested from the authors.
Publishing committee may change the words if necessary in the publication process. However, in the process, the authors will not be asked for any submission or processing charges and all rights will be reserved after manuscripts are published.
No charges will be required to access to the articles published in the JTES, but, the articles published in the JTES should only be quoted by giving references to the papers.