Article Publishing and Preparing Rules
Articles sent to the International Journal of Economics and Innovation to be evaluated is written according to the following rules.
A) Publishing Rules
1. International Journal of Economics and Innovation is a free of charge peer-reviewed biannually (April and October) academic journal that publishes original scientific works in the fields of Economics, Business Management, Finance, Econometrics, Labor Economics, Public Administration, and International Relations in Turkish and English.
2. The articles sent to International Journal of Economics and Innovation to be evaluated, shouldn’t have been published anywhere else before, shouldn’t have been accepted to be published, and shouldn’t have been sent to any other journal to be published.
3. Articles should be sent be sent online journal system. All article process is carried on online journal system where you can access by your user name and password.
4. With the articles sent to the journal to be published, the name and surname of author(s), title, institution, and e-mail address should be uploaded to the online system. Since there is blind review application, articles mustn’t include any information about the author(s).
5. Articles that are compatible with the publishing rules are reviewed by the editor of the journal.
6. Articles accepted to be sent to the reviewer are evaluated by the two reviewers who are the experts of the related field. Article is sent to a third one if any of the reviewers reports unfavorable decision. In order the article to be published, both of the reviewers should report favorable decision.
7. The journal is an online one and the evaluation period of the manuscripts is 2 months at most. Following the favorable decision of the reviewers, if the author requests one, a certificate of acceptance signed by the editor is sent.
8. Articles accepted for the publication are given DOI number.
9. While sending the article, The Copyright Form that is filled out completely must be sent to email@example.com by the corresponding author. The author uploads the articles to the journal is accepted as the corresponding author. If the editor considers it necessary, he / she may request all the authors to sign The Copyright Form.
10. All legal responsibility of the contents of the article belongs to the author(s).
11. All electronic media and written publishing rights of the manuscripts accepted to be published or have already been published are belong to International Journal of Economics and Innovation
B) Preparing Your Paper
1. Titles of the article must be both in Turkish and in English, and there must be Turkish and English abstracts not exceeding 150 words. It should be paid attention that the article should contain aim, method and result information. Following Turkish and English abstracts, there must be 5 keywords maximum and Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) classification number should be assigned.
2. Manuscripts will be sent to the journal should be written in Times New Roman font in Microsoft Word. The manuscript should be 12 font size, single line spacing, and should not exceed 20 pages including appendix and bibliography
3. Page margins should be set to: top 4cm, bottom 3.5 cm, right 3.5cm, left 3.5 cm.
4. The title should be written in the language of the article first, written in title case, font size 14, bold and should be centered. Only right aligned name and surname of the author(s) should be given and the titles of the author(s), the name of the institution and e mail address should be given in footnotes. Next, the abstract of the article in the related language (font italic), keywords, and JEL codes should follow. Stating the above mentioned information, authors should write the title in the second language in title case, font size 14, bold and the title should be centered. Finally, the abstract of the article in the related language (font italic) and key words should be written.
5. Headings in the manuscript should be numbered as 1., 1.1., 1.1.2. First level headings should be font size 12 bold, second and following level headings should be font size 11 bold. Headings and text should be aligned along left margin. There should not be left any space between headings and text and paragraphs. Before and after 6nk space should be left in whole text.
6. Table and figures should be numbered and given headings. Headings should be over the table and figure (Table 1: the name of the table; Figure 1: The name of the figure).
7. Equations should be centered and each should be numbered. Sequence numbers of the equations should be aligned along right margin and written in parenthesis.
8. For inside text citations the format is: surname of the author, year, page number (Romer, 1986: 1020). If there are more than three authors the format is: First author’s surname et al., year, page number (Köse et al., 2006: 5).
9. All the cited sources in the text as shown above must be in Bibliography list alphabetically as stated bibliography writing samples below.
International Journal of Economics and Innovation is going to use APA reference style beginning from Volume 4, issue 2.
Romer, P. M. (1986). Increasing returns and long-run growth. The Journal of Political Economy, 94(5), 1002-1037.
Levine, R. ve Renelt, D. (1992). A sensitivity analysis of cross-county growth regressions. The American Economic Review, 82(4), 942-963.
Köse M. A., Prasad, E., Rogoff, K. ve Wei, S. J. (2006). Financial globalization: A reappraisal. IMF Working Paper, WP/06/189.
Romer, D. (1996). Advanced macroeconomics, New York: McGraw-Hill.
Aghion, P. ve Howitt, P. (1997). Endogenous growth theory. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Kazgan, G. (1992). İktisadi düşünce veya politik iktisadın evrimi, İstanbul: Remzi Kitabevi.
Carkovic, M. ve Levine, R. (2002). Does foreign direct investment accelerate growth?. http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTFR/Resources/fdi.pdf (Accessed: 25.02.2015).
Krugman, P. (2007). Trade and inequality. http://www.voxeu.org/article/trade-and-inequality-revisited (Accessed: 12.03.2014).