Uludağ University Journal of the Faculty of Engineering accepts original articles, written in Turkish or English, in the fields of engineering sciences. Submitted articles must be original content, should not be published anywhere before or should not be sent for publication. Articles cannot be published or presented somewhere else without our journal permission. Some or all of the articles cannot be used without cited to our journal.
Authors must adhere to the following rules of writing.
- During the preparation of the article; authors can use the manuscript template from here.
- Manuscripts should be written in MS-Word file formats (.doc, or .docx).
- Manuscripts should be typed in justified single column format on A4-size (210x397 mm) page with a 3.5 cm. margin for top side and 3.0 cm. margin for bottom, left and right sides, 11 pt. Times New Roman font and one line spacing.
- Title (not to exceed 20 words) should be short but informative, centered at the two lines below the top margin, bold, and in capital letters with letter size 14 pt.
- Name(s) of the author(s) should be given three lines below the title, flushed right, bold, italic, lower case and size 12 pt. First letter of the name(s) and all letters of the surname(s) of the author(s) should be upper case. Full addresses of the authors should be given without abbreviation as footnote by *, **, etc.
- Abstract should be given four lines below the authors name(s) with indents, size 10 pt. The paragraph should begin with “Abstract:” and should not exceed 200 words highlighting the main points of the manuscript. Keywords should be given one line below the abstract with indents, size 10 pt. Keywords must begin with “Keywords:” and maximum 6 keywords should be given. After the Abstract and Keywords section, Turkish title of the article should be given leaving one line blank, bold, centered and size 10pt. Then, leaving a blank line again, “Özet:” and “Anahtar Kelimeler:” section should be given in Turkish as same as Abstract and Keywords section. Articles written in Turkish that should be done vice versa.
- All headings of the main sections and subsections should be numbered with Arabic numerals. The initials of words in headings should be written in capital letters. More than the third level sub-headings should not be used.
- Tables should be drawn to the page, centered, and should have the outer rim. Tables should be numbered as Table 1., Table 2., … Number and description of the table should be placed at the top of the table (centered and bold). Tables’ width should not exceed the text limits (maximum 150mm). If the table does not fit the page margin; can be drawn in the vertical direction or table should be continued on the next page (numbered as Table 1. (continued) …). The size of text in table for whatever reason should not be smaller than 8 points.
- Figures should be centered according to the page and the figure dimensions should not exceed the text limits (maximum width: 150mm, maximum height: 210mm). Figures or images should have at least 300 PPI (118 pixels/cm) resolution and one of the jpeg, png, tiff or bmp formats should be preferred. If the figure consists of multiple objects, they should be used in the article as a single picture. Figures should be numbered as Figure 1:, Figure 2:, … Figure number should be placed under the corresponding figure, bold, italic and centered. Description of the figures should be given in one line below the figure number, italic and centered again. The size of text, used in the figure, for whatever reason should not be smaller than equal size of Times New Roman 8 points fonts.
- Equations, each should be numbered and written in a separate line with MS-Word Equation Editor or equivalent program. To do this, equations are given in the 1x2 borders hidden table. The first cell width should be 90%, the second cell width should be 10%. The equation on the first cell should be centered and the equation number on the second cell should be right aligned (written in parentheses). Cells’ left and right margins should be set to zero. A blank line should be left before and after the equations.
- Articles page limit for research and review articles is 20 pages, for technical notes is 9 pages. Page numbers should not be added to the article, upper and lower information should not be used in any way.
- The references should be cited in the text with the author(s) surname(s) and publication year. References cited at the end of a sentence should follow the format (Owen, 1982), or Owen (1982) otherwise. References with two or more authors should be cited like Zhao and Shao (1997) or Chang, et. al. (1988), respectively. Same year references of an author should be given like Smith (1991a), Smith (1991a).
- All references should be numbered and listed in alphabetically from A to Z at the end of the article. References of the same author should be given in ascending order of publication year. Names of journals which are the articles in the references section published in should not be abbreviated. Digital Object Identifier (DOI) numbers should be provided if available.
References should be cited as follows:
Owen, G. (1982) Game Theory, Academic Press, New York.
Zhao, L. C. and Shao, F. M. (1997) Optimization of connecting two communication networks subject to a reliability constraint, Microelectronics and Reliability, 37(4), 629-633. 629-633. doi:11.3267/2553/8911.324.260
Nyhart, J. and Goeltner, C. (1987) Computer models as support for complex negotiations, International Conference of the Society for System Research, Hungarian Academy of Science, Budapest, 4-14. 629-633. doi:11.3267/2553/8911.324.260
Yıldız, A. (1988). Design and analysis of a continuously variable transmission component which are suitable for use in mechanical presses, MSc Thesis, U.Ü. Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Bursa.
TS-EN50291, (2004). For the detection of carbon monoxide gas for household and similar electrical appliances - Test methods and performance requirements, Turkish Standards Institution, Ankara.
Texas Instruments, (2002). RS-422 and RS-485 Standards Overview and System Configurations. Access address: http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slla070d/slla070d.pdf (Accessed in: 20.12.2012)