1. Yuzuncu Yil University Journal of Agricultural Sciences is a scientific research journal that has been published in 1995. Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Biosystems Engineering, Field Crops, Fisheries Engineering, Food Engineering, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Plant Protection, Soil Science and Plant Nutrition is a refereed international journal published four times a year in March, June, September and December.
2. Research articles, technical notes and reviews written in Turkish and English are published in our journal.
3. Articles submitted for publication must not be published elsewhere or sent to any journal for publication. Older studies more than ten years are not accepted to evaluate.
4. A research paper submitted to the journal for publication have following sections; Turkish and English Abstract, Introduction, Material and Method, Results, Discussion and Conclusion and References. Results and Discussions can either be combined into one section.
5. Research Article 2500-5000 words, Reviews 4.000-7000 words and Technical Note must be within the limits of 1000-2500 words.
6. Reviews should include a synthesis, interpretation, and evaluation of previous scientific studies and current developments by experienced authors in the field of research area (the corresponding author of the review should have at least 5 research articles in international refereed journals). Reviews published up to 10% of the number of articles published in each issue.
7. If the research paper is summarized from graduate theses, this should be given as a footnote on the first page.
8. Our journal adopts the Open Source Publication Policy.
9. The articles published in our journal must comply with the scientific ethics rules. Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with internationally accepted code of ethics.
10. A copy of the report should be submitted with the manuscript in the studies where the Ethics Committee Report is required (studies related directly / indirectly to the animal).
11. The articles submitted to Yuzuncu Yil University Journal of Agricultural Sciences are controlled through the iThenticate software. Similarity Index (SI) of the article should be <20%; Each similarity ratio should be ≤ 5%. If the similarity index is above the acceptable limits, the article will be returned to the author(s) (no more than 3 plagiarism scans are performed for an article). If revisions are not made within 10 days, the article will be rejected. If the plagiarism is proved after the publication of the article, that article will be withdrawn and removed from the website immediately and the author(s) will not be able to submit a paper for a period of five years to the Yuzuncu Yil University Journal of Agricultural Sciences.
12. All authors should sign the Copyright Form for the publication rights of their article to the Yuzuncu Yil University Journal of Agricultural Sciences. The article will not be taken into consideration unless the Copyright Form is submitted by the authors
13. The articles whose evaluation process is completed are published considering the date of submission. The articles are added to the first issue scheduled to be published as soon as they are ready for publication. The volume is published, after all articles will be published in the same volume are completed.
14. Response to control and correction postings to be sent to the author (s) during the page-layout the study should be replied within 15 days at the latest. The articles of the author (s) who are not responding within the specified period of time shall be forwarded for further volumes.
15. No changes are allowed in the study that is decided to be published. An author can publish a maximum of two study as a corresponding author, one without a corresponding author. The responsibility of the published study belongs to the author (s).
16. The publication fee is 300 TRY or 60 $ per article.
1. The study prepared in accordance with the writing rules are first evaluated by the editors. At this stage, studies that do not comply with the aim and scope of the journal, have no originality, which are poor in terms of language and narrative rules in Turkish and English, have critical scientific and statistical analysis errors, and not suitable the publication policies, are rejected. The authors of the rejected studies will be informed within two weeks at the latest from the date of submission. The studies that are found to be suitable are sent to a section editor for the field of study for the pre-evaluation.
2. In the pre-evaluation process, the section editors examine the introduction, material and method, results, discussion and conclusion sections of the studies in detail in terms of originality, the scope and scope of the journal publication policies. As a result of this evaluation, the studies which are not suitable are returned to author(s) within four weeks at the latest with the evaluation report of section editor.
3. The works will be sent to the referees according to the content and the areas of expertise of the referees. In our journal, double-blind peer review process is applied in the article evaluations. Both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
4. Articles sent to the referees are expected to be evaluated within 15 days. In case of exceeding this period, the editor will give an additional 7 days by reminding the reviewer. In case of exceeding this period, the editor will withdraw the request from the former reviewer by appointing a new reviewer.
5. The article accepts to publish that recommended to publish by two reviewers. If reviewers decide differently, study is sent to a third referee.
6. The reports received from the reviewers will be examined by the section editor within 2 weeks at the latest. As a result of this evaluation, the section editor submits its final decision to the chief-editor. The final decision for the article is given by the chief-editor.
7. Major (significant corrections required) or minor (minor corrections are required) revision decision will be issued for the improvement of articles which are not considered sufficient, in line with the recommendations of the reviewers. Articles that do not revised according to reviewers’ reports, are rejected.
8. After the major or minor revision decision given to the article, the necessary changes are realized by the author within 30 days for major revision; 15 days for minor revision. Otherwise, the article is rejected.