A) Article Writing Codes - (01.01.2023 updated) Article template
- The articles that are sent to be evaluated for publication in the International Journal of Nature and Life Sciences (IJNLS) are designed according to the rules stated below:
- Please write your text in good English. The length of the article should not exceed 30 pages.
- The soft copy of the article is to be typed in Arial Narrow font as a Microsoft Word document.
- The title of the article is aligned in the center in bold with font size 16.
- Author(s’) name(s), name of the current institution, department name, and e-mail address are to be filled in on the copyright form. Since blind refereeing is employed in the journal, information about the author(s) should not be mentioned in the article.
- Initially, there has to be a 'abstract’ of the article in at most 250 words. Keywords (at most 6 words) are to be written.
- Titles in the text are to be numerated with Arabic figures (e.g. 1., 1.1,1.1.2...etc.) with a depth of not more than 4.
- The main titles are to be in font size 9 in bold, and the subtitles and the followings are to be in font size 9 italics.
- The text must be written in 1 - spaced 9 point-size.
- Tables and diagrams are to be titled and numerated. Titles must be positioned above the tables (e.g. Table 1. Name of the table), and under the figures (e.g. Figure 1. Name of the figure.).
- References (APA Style) to the sources must be given in parenthesis in the text. (e.g. Satıl, 2015; Kıvcak et al., 2016; Korkmaz and Selvi, 2016; Zain and Khan, 2017).
- All the sources referred in the text following the rules stated above must be acknowledged in the bibliography, and sources that are not cited in the text should not be on this list. Sources must be put in alphabetical order and must be regulated according to the examples shown in the ‘bibliography writing’ part (doi required).
- To present the last form of the article organized according to the publication rules before the publication process is in the author’s charge; the articles are not published unless they are presented in the appropriate text format.
- Please note that we accept manuscripts in .doc, and .docx formats. Figures and tables should be submitted inside of the main manuscript. Acknowledgment is also strongly recommended.
- Please add the Turnitin / iThenticate plagiarism detection report (Max rate: 20%) to the manuscript.
- Please add the ethical committee permit of the study (Animal and clinical studies; (The editors will reject papers if there is any doubt about the suitability of the animal or human procedures used).
B) Reference Examples – APA (Am. Psychol. Assoc.) Style
Research Paper - (doi required)
- Erdem, F., Doğan, G., Kıran, Y., & Evren, H. (2017). Morphological, anatomical, palynological and karyological characters of endemic Sideritis vulcanica (Lamiaceae) from Turkey. International Journal of Nature Life Sciences, 1 (1), 1-11.
- Çetinkaya, A. , Karabörk, Ş. , Çelik, H. & Torun, İ. E. (2022). Evaluation of the cytotoxic efficacy of thymoquinone and capsaicin in the SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line. International Journal of Nature and Life Sciences, 6 (2), 118-128. https://doi:10.47947/ijnls.1103372
- Polat, R., Cakilcioglu, U., & Satıl, F. (2013). Traditional uses of medicinal plants in Solhan (Bingöl-Turkey). Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 148 (3), 951-963. https://doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.05.050
Books, Proceedings of Conferences
- Baytop, T. (1999). Therapy With Medicinal Plants in Turkey (Past and Present). Istanbul: Nobel.
- Davis, P. H. (Ed.). (1965-1985). Flora of Turkey and the East Aegean Islands (Vol. 1-9). Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- Koenig, W. A, Joulain, D., & Hochmuth, D. H. (2004). Terpenoids and Related Constituents of Essential Oils. MassFinder (3. ed). (Hochmuth, D. H.) (Ed.). Convenient and Rapid Analysis of GCMS, Hamburg, Germany.
- Erdoğan, T., Değirmenci, P., Çakılcıoğlu, U., Demirci, B., Başer, K. C. H., & Kıvcak, B. (2014). Essential oil composition of Centaurea aggregata Fisch. & Mey. ex. DC. subs. aggregata. 45. International Symposium on Essential Oils (ISEO). Natural Volatiles and Essential Oils Special Issue, İstanbul, Turkey, 1, 250.
- Tonbul, S., & Altan, Y. (1991 October 6-8 ). Elazığ yöresinde halkın çeşitli amaçlar için yararlandığı bazı bitkiler. [Conference presentation]. Fırat Havzası Tıbbi ve Endüstriyel Bitkiler Sempozyumu, Turkey.
1. Khatun, S. (2014). Management of fusarial wilt of the medicinal plant, Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. PhD. Thesis, Burdwan University, India.