1. Süleyman Demirel University Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences is a scientific research journal founded in 1995. SDU J Nat Appl Sci is a national and international indexed journal with refrees, which has been published in the areas of engineering and architecture sciences, agriculture and forestry sciences and fundamental sciences three times in a year including in April, August and December regularly since 2001.
2. The full-length original scientific research articles written in Turkish or English language are published. It is essential that the information created in scientific study needs to be new, suggest new method or give a new dimension to an existing information.
3. Technical notes, letters to the editors, expositions, case studies and surveys are not published in the journal.
4. Articles submitted to the journal for publication are evaluated by national and/or international reviewers. The final decision is made by the editors.
5. Names of reviewers evaluating the articles aren’t informed to the authors (blind peer review). The names of the authors not to be seen by the reviewers (double-blind peer review) is left to the preference of the authors. The authors using this preference should delete the lines of name and adress in the article.
6. It is expected that the reviewers evaluate the articles in 60 days. If this time is exceeded, the editorial board appoint a new reviewer.
7. Accept-decline decision about the article is taken by the editorial board. According to the reviewers reports, major revision or minor revision can be decided. The articles, which aren’t reached intended level or aren’t seemed enough in terms of scientific perspective, are declined.
8. After the decision of major or minor revision about the article, the necessary changes should be made by the authors in 40 days for major revision, in 20 days for minor revision; else it is declined.
9. Articles submitted to the journal for publication must not be published in another journal or must not be sent another journal to be published.
10. All responsibility of the articles belong to the authors. The articles should be prepared in accordance with the international scientific ethics rules. If necessary, a copy of the ethics committee report must be added.
11. All articles submitted for a possible publication in the journal have been checked with iThenticate program before being submitted to the editorial approval from January 1, 2016. The same process has been going on with the turnitin program since January 1, 2017. The similarity report is generated for each article using this program and after this report is checked by the editors, the articles which are 20% or less except that the references are submitted to the editor for evaluation, correction is required from the author for articles that exceed 20% excluding the references. If the necessary changes does not make in 20 days, the article is declined. If the similarity rate is very high, the article is declined without being evaluated.
12. The Copyright Transfer Form signed for all authors must be uploaded to the submission system for the submitted articles in the journal.
13. Articles submitted to the journal for publication must be prepared to the article writing format of the journal.
14. The articles prepared by the article writing format of the journal must not be exceeded more than 15 pages. Abstract should include at least 100 words and the number of keywords must be at least 3 to 6.
15. Süleyman Demirel University Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences does not charge any publication or processing fee.
16. For articles admitted for publication into the journal, the corresponding author has 30 days for copyediting, 10 days for proofreading. If the corresponding author do not return in time, the article is declined.
17. With the ULAKBİM decision dated February 25, 2020, “For all branches of science, the approval of the ETHICS COMMITTEE must be obtained separately for studies on clinical and experimental human and animals requiring an ethical committee decision, this approval must be specified and documented in the article.” requirement was made. Our authors should pay attention to this issue. Publications that do not meet this requirement will not be accepted.