1. The Bulletin is the peer-reviewed scientific publication of the Association of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology in Turkey and published in every 4 months. Turkish abbreviation of the Bulletin is “Vet Farm Toks Dern Bult”; while the English abbreviaton is “Bull Vet Pharm Tox”.
2. Bulletin accepts reviews in the Journal.
3. All submitted reviews should be either in English or in Turkish.
4. Manuscripts to be published in the bulletin should be prepared in Times New Roman font and 12 points in A4 format with 1.5 line spacing and 2.5 cm margins. The names of the visual elements such as figures and tables in the text should be both written in Turkish and foreign language. Manuscripts and attachments (figures, etc.) to be sent to the bulletin should be sent through the online system. If the manuscript is accepted, the Copyright Transfer Agreement signed by all authors should be sent to the editor.
5. Numbering should not made for subheadings.
Review title should be both in Turkish and English. Explanation of the article (thesis, project etc.) should be indicated with footnote.
The names of the authors should be written without abbreviations, without the use of “and” and their surnames in capital letters and superscripts. Example: Hüsamettin EKİCİ¹, Ender YARSAN².
Abbreviations should not be used in the addresses of the authors and the author / authors' affliation should be written with the superscript used. Example: Kırıkkale University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kırıkkale¹, Ankara University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ankara ²
Abstract should not exceed 250 words.
Should be placed in alphabetical order and is expected to be 3-5 words.
In this section, after giving brief literature information directly related to the study, the purpose of the study should be emphasized in the last paragraph.
11. Article Types
Review Articles should be in original writing form; which is expected to comprise current and important issues, with respect to findings of the author's own views and deep research/evaluation of the current literature. Reviews should be composed of Title, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Subject, Conclusion, References, Table / Graphic / Figure Legend, Corresponding Author, Transfer of Authorization and should not exceed the page.
12. Each author bears the ethical responsibility of the submitted work and all authors accept the content of the work. Submitted reviews are controlled by plagiarism programs; where plagiarism or self-plagiarism is determined, the review will not be considered for publication.
References used in the manuscript should be written in parentheses with the surname of the author and the year of printing. Firstly chronological order and then alphabetical order should be taken into consideration in the writing of references. Example: (Saghaei et al., 2012; Yarsan et al., 2014; Ekici et al., 2015; Ekici et al., 2016). If the author's name is used directly in the text, the year of publication should be given in parentheses. Sample: ……………………. According to Yarsan et al. (2014) ………………
If a study with more than two authors is cited, the first author is written and then "et al." is used. Example: (Ekici et al., 2015). All publications cited in the text should be in the list of references. The list of references should be arranged in alphabetical order according to the surname of the first author. Authors' name and year of publication should be written in bold. The abbreviated title of the publication should be written without using a period (eg Vet Med), based on the official abbreviations used in Medline (see www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov). The following citation rules should be followed.
Publications from Journals
Yarsan, E., Yipel, M., Dikmen, B., Altıntaş, L., Ekici, H., & Köksal, A. (2014). Concentrations of essential and non-essential toxic trace elements in wild boar (Sus Scrofa L., 1758) tissues from southern Turkey. Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology, 92(1), 10-14.
Kaya, S., Akar, F. Metaller ve diğer inorganik maddeler metaller. In, Kaya S, Pirinçci İ, Bilgili A. Editors. Veteriner Hekimliğinde Toksikoloji. 2nd ed. Ankara, Turkey: Medisan Yayınları; 2002. pp. 207–239.
Kaya S, Pirinçci İ, Bilgili A. (2002). Veteriner Hekimliğinde Toksikoloji, 2nd ed. Ankara, Turkey: Medisan Yayınları
Ekici, H. (2011). Florfenikol İhtiva Eden Preparatların Broylerlerde Biyoeşdeğerliği, Farklı Saklama Şartlarının Etkileri ile Farmakovijilans Taramaları. Ankara, Turkey, Thesis of PhD, AU, diss.
Yarsan, E., Yipel, M., Dikmen, B., Altıntas, L., Ekici, H., Koksal, A. (2013). Concentrations of Essential and Non-essential Toxic Trace Elements in Wild Boar (Sus Scrofa L., 1758) Tissues from Southern Turkey. Second International Conference on New Trends in Chemometrics and Applications (NTCA-2013), Ankara, 2013, 42-43
14. Publications from Turkey should be considered as priority for citation (www.atifdizini.com).
15. Corresponding author (Required for publications with multiple authors)
Corresponding author :
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Husamettin Ekici
Kırıkkale University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Prof. Dr. Beşir Atalay Campus
16. The reviews are evaluated by the referees determined by the editorial board. Referee and author informations are kept confidential.
17. The Editorial Board may make any necessary changes and corrections on the submitted article.
18. There is no publication fee for the review articles.
19. Table, Graphic and Figures
Headings of tables, graphics and figures should be written in English. Numbered respectively. Each table, graphic and figure should be cited in the text. Example: (Figure 1), (Table 1) or “…’ ”as shown in Figure 1,“… is shown in Table 1. ”.
All symbols used in the figures should be explained in the legend. The legends of the figure should be located below the figure and end with a “dot”. The word “figure" should be written in capital letters.
Example: Figure 1: Metal concentrations for different honey samples.
If more than one figure will be used with the same number, it should be numbered as follows.
FIG. 1A, FIG. 1B etc.
Dot is not used in table and graphic headings. They are capitalized and numbered.
Example: Table 1 / Graph 1: Radical scavenging activity of O.viciifolia extracts by DPPH method
Legends of tables, figures and graphics should be written after the references.
20. Units, abbreviations and terminology
All specific uses must be in accordance with the SI unit system. The explanation for the abbreviation should be written in parentheses where it is first used in the text. Abbreviations used in medical, chemical, biological and other fields should take into account international final terminology recommendations. Microorganism, gene and zoological names should be written in italics.
21. Please read the article carefully before submitting and follow the instructions provided.
22. For other issues, please contact email@example.com.
23. Open Access Notification
The Bulletin of the Association of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology is open to academic studies. All editions published in this bulletin are free from the date of publication. There is no fee to download the articles for academic use.