MANUSCRIPT ORGANIZATION AND FORMAT
1. Manuscripts should be submitted online via http://jplc.istanbul.edu.tr
2. All the manuscripts submitted must be accompanied by a cover letter indicating that the manuscript is intended for publication, specifying the article category (i.e. research article etc.) and including information about the manuscript (see the Submission Checklist). In addition, a that has to be signed by all authors must be submitted.
3. A title page including author information must be submitted together with the manuscript. The title page is to include fully descriptive title of the manuscript and, affiliation, title, e-mail address, postal address, phone and fax number of the author(s) (see The Submission Checklist).
4. Apart from peer-reviewed manuscripts, reviews of judgements, book reviews, legislation assessments and informative notes are included within the Journal. The acceptance or the rejection of the above mentioned works is made by the Editorial Board.
5. All correspondence will be sent to the first-named author unless otherwise specified.
6. It is accepted that the submitted manuscripts are in line with the journal’s rules. In case that violation of scientific research and ethical rules and too many writing errors are detected the manuscript would be rejected by the Editorial Board.
7. The typeface of the submited manuscripts should be Times New Roman and font size should be 12-point, except for chapter headings which should be 14-point and footnotes which should be 10-point. Line spacing should be 1.5 pt. The footnotes must be placed at the bottom of the page.
8. The name(s) of author(s) should be given just beneath the title of the study aligned to the right. Also the affiliation, title, e-mail and phone of the author(s) must be indicated on the bottom of the page as a footnote marked with an asterisk (*).
9. The manuscripts should contain mainly these components: title, abstract and keywords; extended abstract, sections, footnotes and references.
10. Before the introduction part, there should be an abstract between 180 and 200 words in Turkish and English and an extended abstract only in English between 600-800 words, summarizing the scope, the purpose, the results of the study and the methodology used. Underneath the abstracts, three keywords that inform the reader about the content of the study should be specified in Turkish and in English.
11. Research article sections are ordered as follows: “Introduction”, “Aim and Methodology”, “Findings”, “Discussion and Conclusion”, “Endnotes” , “References” and “Tables and Figures”. For review and commentary articles, the article should start with the “Introduction” section where the purpose and the method is mentioned, go on with the other sections; and it should be finished with “Discussion and Conclusion” section followed by “Endnotes”, “References” and “Tables and Figures”.
12. A bibliography in alphabetical order according to the surname of the author/authors must be placed at the end of the manuscript. Besides, the sources used in the work should be placed within the footnotes or briefly in the text.
13. If the manuscript includes a table or graphic, raw data must be submitted as a separate Excel file togather with the manuscript Word file. Tables, graphs and figures can be given with a number and a defining title if it is necessary to follow the idea of the article.
14. Authors are responsible for all statements made in their work submitted to the Journal for publication.
15. The author(s) can be asked to make some changes in their articles due to peer reviews.
16. The manuscripts submitted to the journal will not be returned whether they are published or not.
17. If the manuscpript is accepted for publication, all the publication rights, including online publication as full text belong to the Istanbul University, Faculty of Law, Criminal Law and Criminology Research and Practice Center. It would be deemed that author/authors has/have transferred copyrights to the University. Besides, no royalty is paid to the author/authors. Two copies of the Journal are sent to the author/authors.