BibTex RIS Kaynak Göster

Job Satisfaction of Family Physicians: A Study from Adana Provincial Centre

Yıl 2013, Cilt: 38 Sayı: 4, 567 - 573, 01.12.2013

Öz

Amaç: Bu çalışmanın amacı, Adana İl merkezinde görev yapan aile hekimlerinin iş doyumunu belirlemektir. Gereç ve Yöntem: Adana il merkezinde çalışan 458 aile hekimi listelenmiş, üçe bir oranında randomizasyon yapılarak 152 hekim çalışmaya alınmıştır. Verilerindeki eksiklikler nedeniyle 17 anket çalışmaya dahil edilmemiş, veriler 135 anket üzerinden değerlendirilmiştir. Anket, sosyodemografik özellikleri (yaş, cinsiyet, medeni durum) ve iş doyumunu sorgulayan sekiz adet ifadeyi içermektedir. Anket sorularının puanlamasında "Beşli Likert Ölçeği" kullanılmış, bilgisayar ortamına aktarılan veriler istatistiksel olarak değerlendirilmiştir. Bulgular: Çalışmamıza katılan 135 aile hekiminin iş doyumu ortanın biraz üzerinde bulunmuştur. İş doyumu ile yaş, cinsiyet ve medeni durum arasında istatistiksel olarak anlamlı bir ilişki bulunamamıştır. Katılımcıların %42,2"si işinin geleceğini güvence altına aldığını; %32,6"sı işinin yeterli maaş ve terfi şansı verdiğini; %25,2"si işinin kişisel gelişim sağladığını; %36,3"ü işini yaparken takdir edildiğini hissettiğini; %61,4"ü işinden gerçekten haz aldığını; %62,2"si iş değiştirmeyi düşünmediğini; %77,8"i çoğu zaman işi konusunda istekli olduğunu bildirmiştir. Sonuç: Bu çalışmada ortaya çıkan sonuçların yerel çözümler üretme ve sonraki yıllarda yapılacak çalışmalara referans olma konusunda katkı sağlayacağı düşünülmüştür.

Kaynakça

  • Beaglehole R, Dal Poz MR. Public health workforce: challenges and policy issues. Human Resources for Health 2003; 1: 4. http://www.human-resourceshealth.com/content/1/1/4 (accessed october 2012).
  • Hongoro C, McPake B. How to bridge the gap in human resources for health. Lancet. 2004; 364: 1451World Health Organization World Health Report. 200 www.who.int (accessed october 2012).
  • Dubois CA, McKee M, Nolte E. Human resources for health in Europe. England: Open University Press, 200 Clever LH. Who is sicker: patients or residents? Residents’ distress and the care of patients. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002;136: 391-3.
  • Ergün N. İş Tatmini ve Motivasyon İlişkisi, İstanbul Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi, 2003.
  • Kırel Ç, Özkalp E. Örgütsel Davranış Kitabı. 4.Baskı, Ekin Yayınları, 2010.
  • Gül F. İş Tatmini, Balıkesir Üniversitesi Yüksek Lisans Tezi, 2008.
  • Duman G. Yönetim Açısından İş Tatmini, Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi, 2000.
  • T.C. Sağlık Bakanlığı. Sağlık Personeli Memnuniyet Araştırması. 2010). Website:http://ekutuphane.tusak.gov.tr/kitaplar/saglik _personeli_memnuniyeti_arastirmasi.pdf (accessed october 2012).
  • Wada K. Arimatsu M, Higashi T, Yoshikawa T, Oda S, Taniguchi H, Kawashima M, Aizawa Y. Physician job satisfaction and working conditions in Japan. J Occup Health. 2009;51: 261-6.
  • Rivet C, Ryan B, Stewart M. Hands on: is there an association between doing procedures and job satisfaction? Can Fam Physician. 2007; 53(1):92-3.
  • Buciuniene I, Blazeviciene A, Bliudziute E. Health care reform and job satisfaction of primary health care physicians in Lithuania. BMC Fam Pract. 2005; 6: Aasland OG, Rosta J, Nylenna M. Healthcare reforms and job satisfaction among doctors in Norway. Scand J Public Health 2010; 38(3): 253-8.
  • Long, A. Happily ever after? A study of job satisfaction in Australia. Economic Record. 2005; 81: 303–21.
  • Brown D, McIntoshS. If you’re happy and you know it job satisfaction in the low wage service sector. Center for Economic Performance Discussion Paper, No:405, London School of Economics, London. 1998. Dhanasarnsilp P, Johnson H, Chaipoopirutana S. An investigation of work values and resulting job satisfaction in relation to two work roles in Thailand. The Business Review. 2006; 5:161-170.
  • Clark, A. Job satisfaction and gender: why are women so happy in work? Labour Economics. 1997; 4: 341–72.
  • Yazışma Adresi / Address for Correspondence: Dr. İbrahim Efe Efeoğlu Osmaniye Korkut Ata Üniversitesi Tıbbi Biyokimya Anabilim Dalı OSMANİYE e-mail: e.efeoglu@gmail.com geliş tarihi/received :14.02.2013 kabul tarihi/accepted:21.03.2013

Aile Hekimlerinin İş Doyumu: Adana İl Merkezinden Bir Çalışma

Yıl 2013, Cilt: 38 Sayı: 4, 567 - 573, 01.12.2013

Öz

Purpose: The aim of this study is to determine job satisfaction of family physicians who work in the centre of Adana province. Material and Methods: 458 family physicians working in Adana are listed and 152 physicians were included in the study by making randomization by a third. 17 questionnaires were not included in the study due to the lack of data. The data were evaluated from 135 questionnaires. The survey includes socio-demographic characteristics (age, gender, marital status) and eight items questioning job satisfaction. "Five-point Likert Scale" was used to score the survey questions, and the data, transferred to a computer, were statistically analyzed. Results: Job satisfaction of 135 family physicians, participating in our study, was found slightly above the average. No statistically significant correlation was found between job satisfaction and age, sex, and marital status. 42.2% of the participants reported that their jobs secure their future; 32.6% of the participants reported that their jobs provide adequate salary and promotion chances; 25.2% reported that their jobs provide personal development; 36,3% reported that they feel appreciated when they are performing their jobs; 61,4% reported that they take pleasure in their jobs; 62.2% reported that they are not thinking of changing their jobs; 77,8% reported that most of the time they are willing to perform their work. Conclusion: It has been thought that the outcomes of this study would contribute to develop local solutions and become a reference for future studies in the following years.

Kaynakça

  • Beaglehole R, Dal Poz MR. Public health workforce: challenges and policy issues. Human Resources for Health 2003; 1: 4. http://www.human-resourceshealth.com/content/1/1/4 (accessed october 2012).
  • Hongoro C, McPake B. How to bridge the gap in human resources for health. Lancet. 2004; 364: 1451World Health Organization World Health Report. 200 www.who.int (accessed october 2012).
  • Dubois CA, McKee M, Nolte E. Human resources for health in Europe. England: Open University Press, 200 Clever LH. Who is sicker: patients or residents? Residents’ distress and the care of patients. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002;136: 391-3.
  • Ergün N. İş Tatmini ve Motivasyon İlişkisi, İstanbul Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi, 2003.
  • Kırel Ç, Özkalp E. Örgütsel Davranış Kitabı. 4.Baskı, Ekin Yayınları, 2010.
  • Gül F. İş Tatmini, Balıkesir Üniversitesi Yüksek Lisans Tezi, 2008.
  • Duman G. Yönetim Açısından İş Tatmini, Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi, 2000.
  • T.C. Sağlık Bakanlığı. Sağlık Personeli Memnuniyet Araştırması. 2010). Website:http://ekutuphane.tusak.gov.tr/kitaplar/saglik _personeli_memnuniyeti_arastirmasi.pdf (accessed october 2012).
  • Wada K. Arimatsu M, Higashi T, Yoshikawa T, Oda S, Taniguchi H, Kawashima M, Aizawa Y. Physician job satisfaction and working conditions in Japan. J Occup Health. 2009;51: 261-6.
  • Rivet C, Ryan B, Stewart M. Hands on: is there an association between doing procedures and job satisfaction? Can Fam Physician. 2007; 53(1):92-3.
  • Buciuniene I, Blazeviciene A, Bliudziute E. Health care reform and job satisfaction of primary health care physicians in Lithuania. BMC Fam Pract. 2005; 6: Aasland OG, Rosta J, Nylenna M. Healthcare reforms and job satisfaction among doctors in Norway. Scand J Public Health 2010; 38(3): 253-8.
  • Long, A. Happily ever after? A study of job satisfaction in Australia. Economic Record. 2005; 81: 303–21.
  • Brown D, McIntoshS. If you’re happy and you know it job satisfaction in the low wage service sector. Center for Economic Performance Discussion Paper, No:405, London School of Economics, London. 1998. Dhanasarnsilp P, Johnson H, Chaipoopirutana S. An investigation of work values and resulting job satisfaction in relation to two work roles in Thailand. The Business Review. 2006; 5:161-170.
  • Clark, A. Job satisfaction and gender: why are women so happy in work? Labour Economics. 1997; 4: 341–72.
  • Yazışma Adresi / Address for Correspondence: Dr. İbrahim Efe Efeoğlu Osmaniye Korkut Ata Üniversitesi Tıbbi Biyokimya Anabilim Dalı OSMANİYE e-mail: e.efeoglu@gmail.com geliş tarihi/received :14.02.2013 kabul tarihi/accepted:21.03.2013

Ayrıntılar

Birincil Dil Türkçe
Bölüm Araştırma
Yazarlar

İbrahim Efe EFEOĞLU Bu kişi benim

Erdal ÖZCAN Bu kişi benim

Yayımlanma Tarihi 1 Aralık 2013
Yayımlandığı Sayı Yıl 2013 Cilt: 38 Sayı: 4

Kaynak Göster

MLA EFEOĞLU, İbrahim Efe ve Erdal ÖZCAN. “Aile Hekimlerinin İş Doyumu: Adana İl Merkezinden Bir Çalışma”. Cukurova Medical Journal, c. 38, sy. 4, 2013, ss. 567-73.