The aim of the Journal of Innovative Transportation is to serve as a forum for scholar, transportation engineers and industry about the latest information, development, innovation and application in all modes and areas of transportation such as but not limited to traffic control, transportation planning, transportation geotechnics, rigid and flexible pavement, intelligent transportation systems.
The papers submitted to the journal should meet the standards given below. Authors also could use the following template for manuscript preparation.
Highlights: Each manuscript should have at least 3 and a maximum of 6 highlights given in their paper. Each highlight can not exceed 80 characters including spaces.
Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 200 words. No abbreviations allowed. The minimum word limit should be 100. The abstract should provide a brief problem description, the solving suggestion, material and method, concrete results and conclusion. The abstract should be written using Calibri font and the size should be 9 pt. The text should be justified.
Content: The content should written using Calibri font and the size should be 10 pt. The text should be justified. The headings should be numbered. Each paragraph should be written with single line spacing. 18 pt space should be left before and 12 pt after each paragraph. Each capital of level 1 heading should be uppercase. For second level heading, the capital of the first word should be uppercase and the rest should be written lowercase except nouns. The heading should be written bold. For third level heading, the first word’s capital should be written uppercase and the rest lowercase except nouns. The heading should be formatted normally.
Fourth level heading should be written in italic. First word’s capital should be uppercase while the rest written lowercase except nouns.
Equations: The equation tool of the MS-Word should be used for the equations in the text. All the equations should be numbered using brackets at the right side. The equations should be placed left side.
Figures/Tables: The figures’ width should not exceed 8.2 cm if two columns and 17 cm if single column. Graphics, photos, images and figures should be called as Figures and no other definition should be used. All the graphics should be given in an editable format like EXCEL. If there are not any editable format available, the figures should be placed as 300+ DPI. The figure captions should be placed under the figure without any spacing between them. The figure captions should be written justified using 9 pt size. Figure caption should begin with "Figure" following with the figure number and dot (Figure 1. ). Tables should be given using Word Table editor and the screenshots or photos of the tables are not allowed. The tables should be prepared using 9 pt size and single spaced. The table headings should be given above the corresponding table using the word "Table" following with the table number and dot (Table 1. ). No definitions other than these two are allowed such as İmage, graph, etc. All the tables should be prepared using the table adding tool and no screenshot or an image of any table is allowed in the paper.
References: The references list should be written using APA reference format and the references in text should be given as numbers in square brackets. The reference list should be numbered according to the order of the text.
Declaration of Interest Statement: The authors declare that they have no known competing for financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper. OR The authors declare the following financial interests/personal/corporate relationships which may be considered as potential competing interests: …………
"Journal of Innovative Transportation" began its publishing life in 2020 and is published by Suleyman Demirel University. Journal is being published twice a year. The Publisher is a public institution and publishes scientific information for free with an open access policy for any profit. The following are the ethical responsibilities the publisher must adhere to.
• The scientific evaluation process starts by assigning experts in the field by the editor.
• The publisher provides the accepted articles via open access policy.
• Confirm that the manuscript has been submitted solely to this journal and is not published, in press, or submitted elsewhere.
• Confirm that all the research meets the ethical guidelines, including adherence to the legal requirements of the study country.
• Confirm that they have prepared a complete text with an acknowledgements where needed.
• Confirm that they declared any conflict of interest where available.
• Confirm that you have seen, read and understood the publisher guidelines
• Confirm that they have obtained the appropriate permissions for use of third-party material, as required, and kept copies of correspondance where formal permission is required.
In the review processes of the articles submitted to "Journal of Innovative Transportation", single-blind peer review method in which reviewers see the author(s) informations but the author(s) do not see the reviewers. The ethical responsibilities expected of the reviewers are given below.
• Reviewers are expected to review only articles in their area of expertise.
• They are expected to make their assessments within the framework of impartiality and privacy policies
• For the articles they agree to review, they must make an assessment within the period given to them.
• When the reviewers understand that there is a conflict of interest in the article, they should refuse to review the article by informing the editor about the subject.
• Reviewers are expected to make a polite, constructive and kind suggestion.
The Editor and Section Editors of the "Journal of Innovative Transportation" must have ethical duties and responsibilities based on the guidelines "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and "COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) as open access.
The journal supports to make scientific research freely available for a global exchange of knowledge. There are NO article submission/processing fees to be paid by either the author or the readers.