1. The Journal of Dental Faculty of Atatürk University is the official journal of the faculty. The Journal of Dental Faculty of Atatürk University is published four times a year.
*Authors are requested to submit their original manuscript and figures via the online submission and editorial system for Journal of Dentistry. Using this online system, authors may submit manuscripts and track their progress through the system to publication. A full list of editors can be found on the journal's website and manuscripts should be submitted to the journal online at http://dfd.atauni.edu.tr
* If necessary, Ethical Committee Report should be sent separately.
*Copyright transfer statement must be signed by all the authors when submitting their articles.
2. In articles, the marketing name of the product should be written with its generic name and the producing agent, city and country names should be indicated in parenthesis.
3. It should be listed with their names not using teeth numbering system (mandibular left canine).
4. As regards to terminology, the words in Dentistry whose Turkish version is set must be typed in the way they are pronounced, while Latin originals must be typed for others. Abbreviations must conform to accepted standards, that is, they must be typed fully and clearly, defined at first mention in the text. The abbreviation must be typed in parentheses beside its full version.
5. The editor reserves the right to make language corrections. Texts which violate the editorial regulations and require further corrections are sent back to the authors with recommendations.
- All the ideas and results of the published texts belong to the author.
- The exact publication date of the submitted article is determined according to the content of the journal. Thus, the arrival date of the article does not play a significant role in decision making process.
6. It is required that the articles to be published in the journals must be unpublished in any other journals. All rights of the articles published in The Journal of Dental Faculty of Atatürk University are given to The Journal of Dental Faculty of Atatürk University. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced to a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means, electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the editors.
7.Last Checklist for Initial Submission:
Article should be sent to email@example.com
Notes for typescript preparation ;
- Application Letter to the Editor
- Copyright transfer statement
Each original article must contain the following sections in both Turkish and English version: title, abstract, key words, introduction, material and methods, results, discussion, conclusions, references, Tables, Figures and illustrations.
The title page of the original article must carry the title of the article (which must be concise but informative), the full name of the author(s), academic
degrees, positions and institutional affiliations. The corresponding author's address, business and home telephone numbers and fax number must be given.
Abstract (English-Turkish); Abstract must contain a Aim, materials and methods, results and conclusions. The manuscript must carry an abstract of no more than 250 words. No abbreviation can be done in the abstract. Key words selection must be done according to the "Dental Index" and "Index Medicus".
Types of Articles: It contains clinical and experimental researchs, case reports, technical article, letter to the editor and reviews of literature in the field of dentistry.
Case reports must be in a composition that allows adding current proceedings to diagnosis and treatment.
Technical article: States the objective of the technique, describes the procedure, discusses the advantages and disadvantages.
Reviews must contain literature in the field of dentistry
Letters to the editor are short and Picture-documented presentations of subjects with scientific or practical benefits or interesting cases without exceeding 2 pages and 5 references.
The reference list must be typed on a separate page, be numbered in order as the reference citations appear in the text and be typed according to this style:
Format for Periodicals: Author's surname, initial of his/her first name, title of the article, abbreviated title of the journal (according to Index Medicus) followed by the date of publication, volume number and page number.
EXAMPLE;Sutherland J K, Hallam R F. Soldering technique for osseointegrated implant prosthesis. J Prosthet Dent 1990; 63: 242-4
Format for book references: Author's surname, initial of his/her first name, title of the book, publication no, the place and year of publication, page number.
EXAMPLE; Gorlin RJ, Goldman HN. Thoma's oral pathology. 6th. St Louis: CV Mosby; 1970.p.51-56.
The tables must be type-written double - spaced, in accordance with the order of mention in the text and be submitted as separate files.
Figures and illustrations must be submitted as separate JPEG files at a size of 10x15. The numbers and the title of the article must be typed on the reverse side of the figures and illustrations
Ethic: When reporting experiments on human subjects, authors should indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional and national) and with the Helsinki Declaration. Identifying details such as the name(s), initials and hospital records of reported patients should not be submitted especially in the photographs. The patient(s) eyes must be disguised unless consent to do otherwise is obtained. In experiments with Human Subjects, the section, "materials and methods" should be changed as "subjects and methods".
Authors unable to submit online should contact the Editorial Office:Atatürk University, the Journal of the Faculty of Dentistry , 25240-ERZURUM/TURKEY.
TLF: 090 .442.2360944 Fax: 090 442.2361375