Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
“Gazi University Journal of Science Part A: Engineering and Innovation” acknowledges that all parties (publisher, editor, author, reviewers, reader) shall apply the internationally adopted ethical rules and editorial policies.
Our journal observes the publication ethics principles, standards, and recommendations established by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics). Ethical issues shall be evaluated in accordance with the COPE rules and journal guidelines.
In this context, our journal deems it appropriate to create, improve, and share articles going through “double-blind” review processes. The publication of all articles published or to be published that does not comply with the journal's publication ethics policy is terminated.
According to the feedback given by the editorial staff and/or reviewers, our journal reserves the right to request output files from the authors regarding the study topics and analysis results. If the requested document is not submitted, the article shall be rejected.
The prerequisite for the article to be accepted for publication is that it is deemed suitable for publication by at least 2 (two) reviewers. The publication order of the accepted articles is arranged depending on the time of acceptance. However, the Editorial Board reserves the right to make changes when it deems necessary. After an article is accepted for publication, the “Copyright Transfer Agreement Form” shall be filled in and signed by all authors and uploaded to the journal system. The responsibility for the accuracy of the signatures in the journal contract lies to the corresponding author.
If there is an act that does not comply with the ethical principles regarding the parties or if there is an unethical situation regarding a study published or submitted for publication a notification e-mail shall be sent to the e-mail address of the journal?
B-Ethical Responsibilities of the Authors
The articles with the following issues shall not be accepted:
- There is a missing issue in the author names presented,
- Those who have no contribution to the study are included as authors,
- There are studies that are not covered by the scope of the journal,
- The study involves plagiarism and unethical publishing behavior,
- The funding sources, if any, are not recognized,
- The matter may violate the copyright of others,
- The study discloses a place/person/institution/organization, etc.
- There is a conflict of interest,
- The study lacks reporting standards,
- The data used in the study cannot be presented when requested,
- Making multiple, unnecessary, or simultaneous publications on the same study,
- Appropriate citations and references are not included within the scope of the study,
- There are major and significant mistakes in the article,
- The similarity index (iThenticate) detected before publication exceeds above 20% (more than 4% from a single Article) and articles with references above 30%.
The authors shall check the “iThenticate” report and similarity index to conduct the plagiarism control processes of the related article. The related report shall be submitted to the journal. The same process shall be also repeated after the revision of the article.
In case the work is accepted, the "Copyright Transfer Agreement Form" must be uploaded to the journal system. This document must be signed by all authors in the study.
C-Ethical Responsibilities of the Reviewers
- Reviewers are requested to evaluate whether the manuscript has already been published in another journal, is methodologically sound, contains results which are clearly presented and support the conclusions, contains an appropriate bibliography and makes a significant contribution to the engineering, technology, statistics and fundamental sciences. The article shall be checked in accordance with the journal guidelines.
- The academic quality and originality of the article shall be examined.
- The information about the study shall not be shared with the authors or others.
- The evaluations shall be concrete, temperate, and objective.
- Due time shall be considered in the evaluation process. Additional time shall be requested when necessary.
- In the case of detecting copyright infringement and plagiarism in the study, the editor shall be informed immediately.
D-Ethical Responsibilities of the Editor, Chief Editor, Managing Editors, Associate Editors, Foreign Editorial Advisory Board, English Language Editors, Technical Editors
- They endeavor to improve the journal's quality of the publication.
- They consider the public interest in the decisions made about the journal.
- They keep records of each article and the correspondence related to the journal electronically or in print.
- They complete the editorial work considering impartiality, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and peer-review processes.
- They manage unethical behaviors in accordance with rational ethical rules.
- The relevant editor checks the articles submitted to the journal considering their eligibility for the journal before submitting to the reviewers (at least 2). The following eligibility checks are performed for the article:
- Compliance with the article writing rules,
- Compliance with the template in terms of format,
- Compliance with the purpose and scope of the journal,
- Compliance with publication principles,
- Compliance with publication ethics,
- Scientific quality and originality.
E-Publication Policy of the Journal
- “Gazi University Journal of Science Part A: Engineering and Innovation” is published in 4 issues (March, June, September, December) a year in English.
- It is a double-blind peer reviewed, international and indexed journal with open access.
- No evaluation and application fee is required for the articles.
- The article evaluation process takes about 8 (eight) weeks.
- The article in the review process can be withdrawn by the corresponding author via DergiPark/gujsa platform. Requests from other authors are evaluated and decided by the editor-in-chief of the journal. However, the relevant article cannot be submitted to another journal until this process is completed.
All copyrights of the published articles belong to Gazi University Journal of Science Part A: Engineering and Innovation.
Scientific, technical, financial and any physical problems of the articles belong to all of the authors on manuscript.