International Journal of Political Studies is a journal founded by Center for Political, Economic and Social Research in 2015. IJPS tries to serve the academia by publishing qualified articles in all the fields of social sciences and in particular political science.
International Journal of Political Studies is publisjed online three times a year, April, August and December. IJPS publishes articles the field of social sciences like Public Administration, Political Science, İnternational Relations, Sociology, History, Psychology and Turkish Language.
1. Unless otherwise stated, all correspondence regarding the submitted manuscripts will be made with the first author. Article submission should be done online via https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/icps. Submitted manuscripts should be submitted with an electronic file written in Microsoft Word 2003 and higher versions, which includes an electronic cover form stating that the article was sent for publication, specifying the article type and containing information about the article, and the Copyright Agreement Form signed by all authors.
Article cover page
Category of the article
Article language and English title
Names, surnames, titles and affiliations of the authors (city and country information should be included after the university and faculty information), e-mail addresses
Corresponding author's e-mail address, open correspondence address, business phone, GSM
ORCIDs of all authors
Files You Need to Upload Separately
Copyright Agreement Form
If the picture, table etc. is taken from another source, the permission document
Article Cover Page
Article Main Text File
2. The article submitted to the International Journal of Political Studies must be a scientific and original work that has not been previously published, accepted for publication, or is not in the process of being evaluated in any journal.
Articles in Turkish or English are included in the 3rd International Journal of Political Studies.
4. The title should be compatible with the content. The title of the article should be written in bold, 11 font size and centered, the first letter of each word should be capitalized.
5. The Abstract/Abstract should be located just below the main title, and care should be taken to include the purpose, method, findings and conclusion information. The abstract character size should be 10 points and between 150-250 words. There should be at least three and at most five keywords/keywords compatible with the content of the article under the abstract. Keywords should be 10 points in size. After the Turkish abstract and key words, English abstract and keywords should be included.
6. Studies should be between 5,000-10,000 words and page numbers should be placed at the bottom and right of the page. Book reviews should not exceed 1,500 words.
7. In the introduction, the purpose of the study, the method used, the contribution of the study to the literature and the scope of the study should be stated.
8. Except for the Introduction, Conclusion and Bibliography titles, the chapters and subsections should be written in bold (bold), justified (without indentation) and only the first letters of the words should be written in capital letters.
9. The text of the article should be arranged in an A4 size Word file with 1-line spacing and justified. The text should be prepared using 11 point Times New Roman and Turkish font. There should be 2.5 cm margins on the left, right, top and bottom of the page margins of the article.
10. Citation in articles should be done with APA version 6.0. You can visit this website for further information (https://www.easybib.com/guides/citation-guides/apa-format/). If necessary, footnotes can be explained in the text of the article. Footnotes should only be used for explanations, not for citation. Footnote character size should be Times New Roman, 10 points.
11. Tables and figures should be given titles and numbers, titles should be placed above the tables and below the figures and graphics. References should be written under the tables and figures in bold and the character size should be 10 points.
12. The article should be in accordance with research and publication ethics. If "Ethics Committee Approval" is required for the research; In the "Materials and Methods" section of the article, information on Ethics Committee Approval should be stated. Ethics Committee Approval should be sent as an additional file.
13. The text of the article uploaded to the system should not contain any name or information of the author. Required information must be filled in through the system (surname, name, title, institution, e-mail). For additional information, the Article and Author information form should be uploaded to my site.
14. The articles sent to the International Journal of Political Studies are first reviewed by the editor and the Editorial Board in terms of compliance with the journal's principles and content. The referee process is not initiated for the articles that do not comply with the journal writing rules and scientific writing format, do not have footnotes and bibliography, or do not have Turkish and English abstracts.
15. The texts found suitable for evaluation are sent to two referees in the relevant field, keeping the name of the author confidential. If one of the referee evaluation reports is positive and the other negative, the text is sent to a third referee. Writers; they take into account the criticism, suggestions and evaluations of the referee, Editorial Board or the editor. Authors are expected to comply with the corrections requested from them and to send the final version of the manuscript within 15 days. Manuscripts are published after the requested corrections are made by the author in line with the referee's opinions.
16. Studies should include the following elements: Title, Turkish abstract and keywords; English title, English abstract and keywords; main text sections, endnotes and references.
The copyright of the articles published in the 17th International Journal of Political Studies belongs to Pesa and no royalties are paid to the authors.
18. Authors can follow the current status of the article on DergiPark.
19. References to the sources in the text should be made with parentheses to be opened in the text.
The order in parentheses should be:
Citation to the author or authors in the text
According to Saygin (1982)
(Saygin, 1982: 124)
With Two Authors:
According to Şahin and Tarakçı (2011) (…)
(Şahin and Tarakçı, 2011: 2)
Between three and five authors:
All authors' names are listed when citing for the first time;
(Wilson, Cornell, Sun, Berry, and Harlow, 1993: 24)
In texts with six or more authors, only the first author's name is used, followed by "et al." The expression is used:
Wilson et al. (2001) stated (…)
Wilson et al. (2001) according to (…)
(Wilson et al., 2001: 23)
In cases where the name of the author is not known or specified, the first or two words in the text should be used in parentheses and quotation marks:
Politicians or diplomats stated that these results were scandalous (“Die Pisa-Analyse”, 2001).
If the author is an organization or government agency, reference is made as in the first reference; if it is a well-known institution, the abbreviation is preferred for later usage:
According to the American Psychological Association (2000).
First attribution: (Mothers Against Drunk Driving [MADD], 2000)
Second citation: (MADD, 2000)
When citing more than one work in the same parentheses, they should be listed in alphabetical order and the two works should be separated by semicolons:
(Eidz, 2018; Balcı, 2008; Saygın and Engin, 2009; Rıfat, 2009; Mert, 2007)
For authors with the same surname, the first letter of the name is also used to avoid confusion:
(E. Wilson, 2001; L. Wilson, 1998)
If two or more works of the same author published in the same year are cited; the letters (a, b, c) are used after the year:
According to the study of Ertaş(2017a) (...)
Footnotes and endnotes
In APA writing style, the use of footnotes and endnotes is not preferred. Therefore, as few footnotes as possible should be used. A footnote should be used only when a very essential explanatory note is required.
The APA recommends using "&" instead of "and" in citation and bibliography. However, since the symbol "&" is not used in place of "and" in Turkish, the symbol "&" should not be used when citing texts written in Turkish and when writing bibliography.
Also, when citing texts with more than three authors, the APA “et al.” (Kernis et al., 1993) recommends its use. However, in Turkish, "et al." instead of “et al.” (Kernis et al., 1993) should be used.
However, if the work submitted to the UPAD journal for evaluation is prepared in English, in these texts, the "&" symbol instead of "and" and "et al." Must be used
20. All references cited in the text of the article should be cited in the bibliography, references not cited should not be included in the bibliography. The bibliography should be started on a new page and should be arranged alphabetically according to the surnames of the authors. If there are many sources by the same author in the bibliography section, the sources should be written in order from oldest to newest date. Page numbers of articles in journals and reviews should be specified.
In the bibliography, the format rules exemplified below should be followed.
Display of Books
Single Author Book
Baltagi, B. H. (2005), Econometric Analysis of Panel Data, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., West Sussex, England.
Book with Two Authors
Asteriou, D. & Hall, S. G. (2007), Applied Econometrics: A Modern Approach Using Eviews and Microft Revisted Edition, Palgrave Macmillan, New York.
Gürdal, T., Nurullah A., Metin K., & Nevran K. (2006), Financial Management, Audit and Accrual Based Accounting Practices in Local Governments, Denizyıldız Yay., Ankara.
Single Authored Article
Savaşan, F. (2003), “Modeling the Underground Economy in Turkey: Randomized Response and MIMIC Models”, The Journal of Economics, XXIX, 1, p.49-76.
Two Authored Article
Gürdal, T., & Yavuz H. (2009), "Effectiveness of Exceptions in the Field of Corporate Tax: The Case of Sakarya”, Tax Report, No: 115, pp.12-22.
Görmüş, Ş., Bülent G., & Sevcan G. (2011), “Determinant of Stock Market Return Correlation: An Extended Gravity Model Approach”, International Journal of Contemporary Economics and Administrative Sciences, Volume: 1, Issue:4, p .298-312.
Gürdal, T. (2009), "Central Government Budget Practices and Comparative Analysis in Turkey for the Period 2000-2007", Transformation in Public Finances in the Process of Globalization, Editor/s: Aytaç Eker and H. A. Şimşek, Ministry of Finance, Strategy Development Presidency Pub. , Ankara.
MSc Doctoral Thesis Screenings
Ak, M. Z. (2009), Main Determinants of Foreign Direct Investments in Developing Countries, Unpublished Doctoral Thesis, T.C. Sakarya University Institute of Social Sciences, Sakarya.
National and International Papers
Saruc, N.T. (2011), "Financing of Higher Education as a Semi-Public Good and Perceived Fairness of Financing Methods: Sakarya University Stakeholder Views", International Higher Education Congress: New Trends and Problems, 27-29 May, Istanbul.
Aktifoğlu, F., & Cengizhan Y. (2012), “A Comparative Analysis of Educational Indicators of OECD and EU Countries”, BlueBlackSea International Congress Sakarya University, Sakarya.
OECD, (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development), (2011), OECD Education At A Glance 2011.
Saygılı, Ş., Cengiz C., & Yavan, Z. A. (2006), Education and Sustainable Growth Turkey Experience, Risks and Opportunities, TÜSİAD Growth Strategies Series No: 7, Publication No. TÜSİAD-T/2006-06-420, Istanbul.
Electronic Journal and News Article
“Why did Israel withdraw from Gaza?”, Deutsche Welle, 17 August 2005. https://www.dw.com/tr/israil-gazzeden-neden-%C3%A7ekildi/a-2524058 (Accessed on 22 October) 2020).
Çalışkan, B. “The Troubled Federated Structure of Russia”, Anadolu Agency, 25 March 2020. https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/analiz/rusya-nin-sorunlu-federe-yapisi/1778656 (Access Date : 22 October 2020).
Oztuna, Y. (1969). "Itri", Turkish Music Encyclopedia. 2 volumes. MEB State Books, Istanbul.
gerrymander (2003). Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary (11th Edition). Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster's. In Text: (Gerrymander, 2003)
Arroyo, Gloria Macapagal. (2003). A time for Prayer. Interview with Michael Schuman. time. July 28, 2003. Accessed Jan. 13, 2004, http://www.times.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,471205.00.html
[In-text citation: The Seventh Five Years …, 1999)]
Seventh Five-Year Development Plan 1996-2000. (1995). T.R. Official Gazette (22354, 25 July 1995).
WIID, (World Income Inequality Database), (2005), United Nations University-World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNIWIDER), http://www.wider.unu.edu/research/Database/en_GB/wiid/, 25.02. 2012.
PISA (Programme for International Student Assesment), www.pisa.oecd.org, 15.06.2012
International Journal of Political Studies is a peer-reviewed and academic journal that publishes studies in social sciences such as Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, History, Philosophy and Psychology.
Our journal uses the double-blind peer-review system. It is published electronically three times a year, in April, August and December.
Articles to be sent to our journal should be submitted with the user account opened through DergiPark. No fee is charged for the articles published in our journal.
Cases such as name similarities, surname changes, names containing Turkish letters, different spellings, changes in institutions can cause problems in the publication/citation searches made on behalf of the author. In this respect, it is important for researchers to obtain an identifying identity/number (ID). For this reason, our journal requests ORCID numbers from authors. You can get the ORCID number from www.orcıd.org.
While establishing the ethical duties and responsibilities below, they have been prepared as open access, taking into account the guidelines and policies published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
The publication processes implemented in the International Journal of Political Studies are the basis for the development and distribution of information in an impartial and respectful manner. Accordingly, the author(s) who submit a study to our journal are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
*The works submitted by the author(s) are expected to be original. If the author(s) benefit from or use other works, they are required to cite and/or cite completely and accurately.
*People who do not contribute to the content intellectually in the creation of the work should not be specified as the author.
* All studies submitted for publication, if any, situations that may constitute a conflict of interest and their relations should be explained.
* Raw data can be requested from the author(s) regarding their articles within the framework of the evaluation processes, in such a case the author(s) should be ready to present the expected data and information to the editorial board and scientific committee.
*Author(s) must have a document showing that they have the right to use the data used, the necessary permissions for the research/analysis, or the consent of the experimented subjects.
*In the event that the author(s) notices an error or mistake regarding his/her published, early view or evaluation work, he/she has an obligation to cooperate with the editor in informing, correcting or withdrawing the journal editor or publisher.
*Authors cannot have their work in the application process of more than one journal at the same time. Each application can be started following the completion of the previous application. A study published in another journal cannot be sent to the International Journal of Political Studies.
*It cannot be proposed to change the author responsibilities of a work whose evaluation process has begun (such as adding an author, changing the order of authors, removing an author).
Ethical Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
Editors are responsible for every publication published in the International Journal of Political Studies. In the context of this responsibility, editors have the following roles and responsibilities:
Making efforts to meet the information needs of readers and authors, Ensuring continuous improvement of the journal, Carrying out processes to improve the quality of the studies published in the journal, Supporting freedom of thought, Ensuring academic integrity, Continuing business processes without compromising intellectual property rights and ethical standards, Correction, show openness and transparency in terms of publication on matters that require disclosure.
Relations with the reader
Editors should make decisions by considering the knowledge, skills and experience expectations of all readers, researchers and practitioners. It should be careful that the published studies contribute to the reader, researcher, practitioner and scientific literature and that they are original. In addition, editors are obliged to consider the feedback from readers, researchers and practitioners, and to provide explanatory and informative feedback.
Relations with authors
The duties and responsibilities of the editors to the authors are as follows:
Editors should make a positive or negative decision based on the importance, original value, validity, clarity of the narrative, and the journal's goals and objectives. Studies that are suitable for the scope of publication should be taken to the preliminary evaluation stage as long as they do not have serious problems. Editors should not ignore positive referee suggestions unless there is a serious problem with the study.
New editors should not change the decisions made by the previous editor(s) regarding the studies unless there is a serious problem. The "Blind Refereeing and Evaluation Process" must be published and the editors must prevent possible deviations from the defined processes. Authors should be informed and returned in an explanatory and informative way.
Relations with referees
The duties and responsibilities of the editors towards the referees are as follows:
The referees should be determined in accordance with the subject of the study. It is responsible for providing the information and guides that the referees will need during the evaluation phase. It has to consider whether there is a conflict of interest between the authors and the referees. In the context of blind refereeing, the identity of the referees should be kept confidential.
It should encourage reviewers to evaluate the work in an impartial, scientific and objective language. It should determine practices and policies that increase the performance of referees. He should take the necessary steps to dynamically update the referee pool. It should prevent rude and unscientific evaluations. Steps should be taken to ensure that the referee pool consists of a broad spectrum.
Editorial and blind peer review processes
Editors; is obliged to implement the "Blind Refereeing and Evaluation Process" policies included in the journal's publication policies. In this context, the editors ensure that the fair, impartial and timely evaluation process of each work is completed.
Editors; is responsible for publishing every article published in the journal in accordance with journal publication policies and international standards.
Protection of personal data
Editors; is obliged to ensure the protection of personal data regarding the subjects or images included in the evaluated studies. Unless the explicit consent of the individuals used in the studies is documented, they are responsible for refusing the study. In addition, editors; The author is responsible for protecting the individual data of the referees and readers.
Ethics committee, human and animal rights
Editors; It is responsible for ensuring the protection of human and animal rights in the evaluated studies. Ethics committee approval for the subjects used in the studies is responsible for refusing the study in the absence of permission for experimental research.
Precaution against possible misconduct and misconduct
Editors; is obliged to take precautions against possible abuse and misconduct. It is among the responsibilities of the editor to share the relevant findings, as well as to conduct a rigorous and objective investigation regarding the identification and evaluation of complaints regarding this situation.
Ensuring academic publication integrity
Editors should ensure that judgments containing errors, inconsistencies or misdirection in studies are promptly corrected.
Protection of intellectual property rights
Editors; is obliged to protect the intellectual property rights of all published articles and to defend the rights of the journal and the author(s) in case of possible violations. In addition, the editors are obliged to take the necessary measures so that the contents of all published articles do not violate the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Political and Commercial Concerns
The journal owner, publisher and no other political or commercial factors affect the editors' independent decision making.
conflicts of interest
Editors; takes into account the conflicts of interest between the author(s), referees and other editors, and ensures that the publication process of the studies is completed in an independent and impartial manner.
Ethical Responsibilities of Referees
Reviewers who evaluate studies for the International Journal of Political Studies are expected to have the following ethical responsibilities: Only studies related to their field of expertise should accept evaluation. It should evaluate with impartiality and confidentiality. If he thinks he is facing a conflict of interest during the evaluation process, he should refuse to review the study and inform the journal editor. In accordance with the principle of confidentiality, they should destroy the studies they have examined after the evaluation process. They can only use the final versions of the studies they have reviewed after they are published. It should make the evaluation objectively only in relation to the content of the study. Nationality, gender, religious beliefs, political beliefs and commercial concerns should not be allowed to influence the evaluation. The assessment should be made in a constructive and courteous manner. Do not make derogatory personal comments that include hostility, slander and insults. They must perform the work they accept to evaluate on time and with the above ethical responsibilities.
Publisher's Ethical Responsibilities
The Editors and Editorial Board of the International Journal of Political Studies act with the awareness of the following ethical responsibilities:
Editors are responsible for all processes of studies submitted to the International Journal of Political Studies. In this context, the decision makers are the editors, regardless of economic or political gains. It undertakes to create an independent editorial decision. It protects the property and copyright of every article published in the International Journal of Political Studies and undertakes to keep a record of every published copy. It has the responsibility to take precautions against all kinds of scientific abuse, citation fraud and plagiarism regarding the editors.
Article submission/process is free of charge.
The International Journal of Political Studies is a free journal. No fee is charged from the authors during the application and publication process of the articles.
The journal is a journal that is published online.
The International Journal of Political Studies is indexed by the following indexes;
ASOS, Academia Social Science Index
DOAJ, Directory of Open Access Journals