Mathematical Sciences and Applications E-Notes (MSAEN) aims at publishing original research material, which has neither been submitted elsewhere for publication, nor has been published anywhere. If the proper ethics are not followed by the authors, sanctions will be imposed on them. Following are the cases, which if true, will incur sanctions
Plagiarism: If the manuscripts are found to have been plagiarized from other articles, whether published or unpublished.
Duplicate / Multiple Submission(s): Manuscripts that are either found to have been submitted elsewhere or published elsewhere. If authors have used their own work, either previously submitted or published, as the basis for a submitted manuscript, they are required to cite the previous work. They also need to indicate how novel contributions are offered in their submitted manuscript, over and above those of the previous work.
Citation Manipulation: Manuscripts that are found to include citations, whose only purpose is to increase the number of citations to a certain author’s work, or to articles published in some particular journal. If the manuscript is a continuation of author’s earlier published or unpublished work, then relevant references should certainly be cited.
Data Fabrication and Falsification: Fabrication and/or falsified experimental results, including the manipulation of images.
Improper Author Contribution or Attribution:
· Noteworthy scientific contribution must have been made, by all listed authors, to the research in the manuscript.
· Anyone, who made a noteworthy scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians, should be listed.
Redundant Publications: Redundant publications involve the inappropriately dividing the outcomes of a study, into several articles.
Sanctions: If violations are found, of any of the above mentioned policies , one or more of the following sanctions will be applied.
· Immediate rejection of the infringing manuscript
· Immediate rejection of every other manuscript submitted to Mathematical Sciences and Applications E-Notes (MSAEN) by any of the authors of the infringing manuscript
· Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions in Mathematical Sciences and Applications E-Notes (MSAEN), either individually or in combination with other authors of the infringing manuscript, as well as in combination with any other authors. This prohibition will be imposed for a minimum of 36 months
· Prohibition against all of the authors from serving on the Editorial Board of Mathematical Sciences and Applications E-Notes (MSAEN).
The above sanctions are applicable even if the violations occurred in a journal published by Mathematical Sciences and Applications E-Notes (MSAEN).
In situations where the infringement of the above policies are observed to be especially severe, the journal reserves the right to impose further penalties, over and above those mentioned above.