Phoneix Medical Journal is a scientific journal that publishes retrospective, prospective or experimental research articles, review articles, case reports, editorial comment/discussion, letter to the editor, surgical technique, differential diagnosis, medical book reviews, questions-answers and also current issues of medical agenda from all fields of medicine and aims to reach all national/international institutions and individuals.
The journal is published three times in a year and in March, July, and November. The official languages of the journal are Turkish and English.
This is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Any processes and submissions about the journal can be made from the website www.acilx.com. Past issues of the journal are also available at this website.
Authors are encouraged to follow the following principles before submitting their article:
· Research articles and article collections should not exceed 15 pages including the text, figures, tables, and references, while short announcements and case report presentations should not be longer than 5 pages and for image presentation, the word count must be maximum 500.
· Author number for review articles should not exceed three.
· Author numbers for case report presentations should not exceed five.
· Author number for image presentations should not exceed three.
· The reference number for image presentations should not exceed five.
· Articles should be written with double space in 10 font size and right, left, upper and lower margins should all be 2,5 cm. writing style should be Arial.
Manuscripts should have double-line spacing, leaving a sufficient margin on both sides.
· Manuscripts should be written with Microsoft Word.
· Abbreviations that are used should be defined in parenthesis where the full word is first mentioned.
Title Page: The title should be concise and informative (in Turkish and English). The title page should include a list of all contributing authors and all of their affiliations. Positions of authors and names of departments and institutions to which they are attached and the province should be written. Supply full correspondence details for the corresponding author, including phone, mobile phone, fax number, and e-mail address.
The text file should include the title in Turkish, keywords, the title in English, keywords in English, abstract, the text of the article, references, tables (only one table for one page) and figure legends (if any), respectively. Within the text file, the names of the authors, any information about the institutions, the figures and images should be excluded.
Abstract: Turkish and English abstracts should be given together with the article title. It should be divided into four sections in the following order: Objectives, Materials, and Methods, Results and Conclusion. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words. Abstracts for case reports should be unstructured and shorter (average 100-150 words; without structural divisions in Turkish and English).
· They should be minimally 2 and maximally 6, and should written English.
· The words should be separated by a semicolon (;), from each other.
· English keywords should be appropriate to “Medical Subject Headings (MESH)” (www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html).
· Turkish keywords should be appropriate to “Turkey Science Terms” (www.bilimterimleri.com).
When cited, the latest and most recent publications should be preferred. All sources must be shown in the main text by numbering them where appropriate. The authors are responsible for the correctness of the references. If possible, the DOI numbers of online articles that have been cited before must be provided. Journal titles should be abbreviated according to journal abbreviations at Index Medicus/Medline/PubMed. When there are six or fewer authors, all author names should be listed. If there are seven or more authors, then the first six authors should be put "et al." after writing. For writing in the text, Arabic numbers should be used in brackets when referring to sources in the main text for example (1,2).
The spelling styles for resources must be compatible with the AMA style. (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7282/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7282/#A32680)
Reference styles for different publication types are shown in the following examples:
1. Ercan S, Yazkan R, Kolcu G, Başer Kolcu M, Gülle K, Koşar A. Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Dergisi’nin Son 10 Yılının Bibliyometrik Analizi. SDÜ Tıp Fakültesi Dergisi. 2019; 26(2): 123-129.
2. Akdeniz YS, Cakmak F, Ipekci A, Ikizceli I, Karatas KF, Berberoglu DB, et al. Videoscopic assisted retroperitoneal debridement in infected necrotizing pancreatitis. Phnx Med J. 2020;9(2):156-9. DOI: 10.1080/13651820701225688.
Ipekci A, Cakmak F, Akdeniz YS. Cell death: the significance of apoptosis. In: Ikizceli I, eds. International review of cytology. Istanbul: BTM; 2019. pp. 251–306.
Single authored book
Akdeniz YS. Health economics: fundamentals of funds. Istanbul: Kara Tren Yayınevi; 2019.
Editor(s) as author
Cakmak F, Ipekci A, editors. Mental health care for elderly people. Istanbul: Fatih Yayınevi; 2019.
Written at the meeting
Berberoglu D, Kocman AY, Cakmak K, Kanbakan A. Cannabinoids and pain. In: Ikızceli I, editor. Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Emergency; 2020Aug 17-22; Istanbul, IASP Press;2020. p. 437-68.
Memoglu F. Acil Servise Başvuran 65 Yaş Üzeri Travma Hastalarının İncelenmesi. Cerrahpaşa Tıp Fakültesi: İstanbul Üniersitesi; 2019.
Text published in electronic format
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 2006.
Figures, Pictures, Tables, and Graphics:
· All figures, pictures, tables, and graphics should be cited at the end of the relevant sentence.
Explanations about figures, pictures, tables, and graphics must be placed at the end of the article.
· Figures, pictures/photographs must be added to the system as separate .jpg or .gif files.
· The manuscripts containing color figures/pictures/tables would be published if accepted by the Journal. In the case of publishing colorful artwork, the authors will be asked to pay extra printing costs.
· All abbreviations used, must be listed in the explanation which will be placed at the bottom of each figure, picture, table and graphic.
· For figures, pictures, tables, and graphics to be reproduced relevant permissions need to be provided. This permission must be mentioned in the explanation.
· Pictures/photographs must be in color, clear and with appropriate contrast to separate details.
Conflict of interest: If any of the writers have a relationship based on self-interest, this should be explained.
Acknowledgment: Only acknowledge persons and institutions who have made substantial contributions to the study, but was not a writer of the paper.
Checklist for Submitted Articles:
Articles must be complete. They must include the following:
· Title Page
· Article sections
o Turkish and English titles
§ Abstract (250 words) (Turkish and English)
§ Keywords (minimum 3; maximum 6)
§ Article divided into appropriate sections
§ Complete and accurate references and citations
§ List of references styled according to “journal requirements”
§ All figures (with legends) and tables (with titles) cited.
· "Copyright Form" signed by all authors.
· Manuscripts lacking any of the above elements will be rejected from the production process.
Topkapı Merkez Evleri 2. Etap
Phoneix Medical Journal
Phone : +90 (532) 2022450
Fax : +90 (212) 4143528
e-mail : email@example.com