International Peer-Reviewed Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management (TJFDM) aims to bring the academicians and sector experts together under one roof, and provide a sharing platform for the ongoing research. The main objective of our journal is to guide the academicians and the experts in the sector about the developments in the field and contribute to the literature on fashion design.
Our journal contains theoretical and experimental studies of fashion design including review studies and original research papers. TJFDM also attaches great importance to publish self-disciplined studies. TJFDM also encourages review studies correlated with design as well as technical notes. In TJFDM’s special issue, it is also possible to publish peer-reviewed conference papers that have been approved by the advisory board of the conferences that we have a publishing agreement. The articles of International Refereed Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management (TJFDM) which is included: Design, Service design, Product design, Cloth design, Industrial design, Visual arts, Architecture, Landscape architecture, Interior architecture, Fashion marketing, Marketing, Fashion, Fine arts, Design law, Fashion management, Design philosophy.
TURKISH JOURNAL OF FASHION DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT (TJFDM)
INSTRUCTION TO AUTHORS OF MANUSCRIPTS AND AUTHOR GUIDELINES
Instructions to Authors of Manuscripts
1. The Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management; is an international peer-reviewed journal and published three issues in a year as in February, June and October via “http://www.dergipark.org.tr”.
2. The publication language of the journal is English and Turkish.
3. The journal publishes original research articles and review studies in Fashion, Cloth Design, Service Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Architecture, Fashion Marketing, Marketing, Fashion Management, Fine Arts, Design Law, Business Administration and Design Philosophy which are not previously published elsewhere. The journal’s special issues publish studies that have been peer-reviewed and previously included in a conference abstract book or in the conference proceedings. The articles that are prepared in the form of “Letter to the Editor” will not be accepted.
4. If the first authors are the same in the manuscripts, only two of them are accepted for the publication in the same issue. Authors are responsible for the scientific content of the manuscripts to be published.
5. The journal holds the copyright of the published articles, and does not pay a copyright fee to the authors.
6. The journal holds the publishing rights of the published articles, and they cannot be published elsewhere without the permission of the board of the journal.
7. Application of the manuscripts should be done via web address; “https://dergipark.org.tr/”
8. The research or rewiev articles should be prepared in English or Turkish under the main headings; Title, Abstract in Turkish and English, Keywords in Turkish and English, Introduction, Material and Methods, Findings, Discussion, Results and References. Results and Discussion can also be written in a single title as “Results and Discussion”.
9. The references used in the articles should be up-to-date for preserving the originality and the currency of the study with the latest research. For the studies that keep their currency, earlier research can be used as references.
10. The submitted manuscripts must not be published elsewhere or should not be under review by another journal at the time of submission. This issue is considered to be within the responsibility of the authors.
11. Any citation in your articles to at least one article among the previous papers published in our journal has a great importance for Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management.
1. Manuscripts must be submitted in Word with the extension of “.docx”. All parts of the manuscript must be typewritten, single column, double-spaced, with margins of at least one inch on all sides. Number manuscript pages consecutively through-out the paper and not to exceed 20 pages in total.
2. The author must use “12” point Times Roman for text. The main body of the manuscript should have a line spacing of 1,5 lines and after each paragraph a “6 nk” spacing should be followed. After each heading, the paragraph spacing should be “6 nk”. All paragraphs and headings should start at the left margin and no spacing should be left for the indentation. The text should be fully justified. There should be no hyphenation (cutting words). If it is possible, text lightning should not be done with the use of bold of underlined text. The authors are discouraged from highlighting text with the use of bold or underlined fonts.
3. The English and Turkish title of the manuscript should be in written with capital letters in “14” pt, bold and centered in the page. The name(s) and surname(s) of the author(s) should be written under the title in “12” pt, bold and centered.
HAZIR GİYİM SEKTÖRÜNDE YEŞİL PAZARLAMA
GREEN MARKETING IN READY-TO-WEAR SECTOR
Ece Nüket Öndoğan1, Ziynet Öndoğan2
1Asst.of Prof.Dr., Ege University, Faculty of Fashion and Design, Izmir-Turkey, E-mail: email@example.com, Orchid: 0000-0000-0000
Ege University, Faculty of Fashion and Design, Izmir-Turkey, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Orchid: 0000-0000-0000
Corresponding author: Ece Nüket Öndoğan
Number : Received : Accepted :
All the authors of the submitted papers must obtain an “orcid” number and these numbers should be provided under their names in their articles. The articles of the authors without Orc ID cannot be published in our journal.
The name of the author(s) should be adjusted under the title after “6 nk” space, in 12 pt, bold, centered, without personal title. The name of the author(s) should start with a capital letter, and the surname(s) should be written in capitals. If the article has multiple authors, then, their names should be separated by “comma (,)”.
Title, institution information, orcid numbers of the authors should be numbered with the superscript and should be written in “10” font size under the names. Moreover, the correspondent author’s name should be provided in the same place.
4. There should be at most three types of level titles in the submitted manuscripts. First level titles (Main Title) should be written in “14” pt, bold, in capitals. Second level titles, should be in “12” pt, aligned left and each word’s first letter should be in capitals. Third level titles, which will be used if necessary, should be in “12” pt, aligned left and the first letter of the first word should be written with a capital letter.
5. Sections of “Özet” and “Abstract” should include the aim of the study and the findings. The abstract should not exceed 250 words. In these sections, the authors should not use references, tables, summaries or any type of graphics including pictures.
6. Keywords: Keywords should be given after the abstract and the total number of keywords should be minimum 3 and maximum 5. Appropriate keywords should be chosen to help other researchers in their literature searches and find your paper as a relevant study.
7. The Turkish section of “Özet” of the manuscripts written in English and submitted by foreigner researchers, will be prepared by the journal’s editorial board.
8. In the article, decimal fractions should be separated by commas and the numbers should be separated with dots (eg. 1.529,50 or 1.25.485,57).
9. Photographs, Pictures, Drawings and similar representations should be named as ''Figures'', numerical values (Tables) should be named as ''Charts''.
The titles of the figures should be given below the representations and aligned left, the title of the charts should be given over the representations and aligned right.
Numbering of Figures and Tables should be done in order and written in bold. The given representations should be cited in the text as (Figure 1., Chart 2. etc). If the article is in Turkish, it should be written in English under the pictures, drawings, figures, graphs, and if the article is in English, it should be written in Turkish.
10. Each page of the manuscript should be numbered. The numbers should be given below the page and it should be centered. The font of the page numbering should be “Times New Roman” and it should be in “11” pt.
11. Citations in the text should be done using square brackets. A number enclosed in square brackets is placed in the text indicating the relevant reference. Citations are numbered in the order in which they are given in the references. Each referenced source in the text must also be given in the list of references. The references should be listed according to the alphabetical order and in the APA style. If an author is cited more than one in the same text, then in the reference list the author’s articles should be ordered based on their publication dates (the prior publication should be given first). First letter of each word for the titles of the books and book chapters should be in capital. If the cited reference is an institutional publishing, then a publishing number for Institutional publishing or publisher's name and address should be given. If not, the name of the printing house and the city information should be given. Journal titles must be written in full. Each entry in the references must be justified (distributed evenly between the margins), hanging indentation should be enabled and inner rows should start after 1.0 cm spacing. Some examples are given below for the styling of references:
Basic format (with one author)
Author AA. Year. Title of article. Journal Title volume(issue), pages.
Two or more authors
Author AA, Author B, Author C. Year. Title of article Journal Title volume(issue), pages.
Article published online ahead of placement in an issue
Author A. Year. Title of article. Journal Title Advance online publication. [Retrieved from URL] or [DOI]
Basic format (with one author)
Author AA. Year. Title of book. Place: Publisher.
Author AA, Author B. Year. Title of book. Place: Publisher.
Chapter in an edited book
Author AA. Year. Chapter title. In E. E. Editor (Ed.), Title of book. Place: Publisher, pages.
Author AA. (Ed.). Year, Month. Proceedings of the XXX Symposium, City, Country.
Paper in proceedings
Author AA, Author B. Year, Month. Title of the paper. In E.E. Editor (Ed.), Proceedings of the XXX symposium (pages). City, Country.
Author AA. Year. Title of doctoral dissertation (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from/Available from Name of database. (Accession or Order number)
Author AA. Year. Title of doctoral dissertation (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Name of Institution, Location.
Author AA. Year. Title of a master’s thesis (Master’s thesis). Retrieved from/ Available from Name of database. (Accession or Order number)
Author AA. Year. Title of a master’s thesis (Unpublished master’s thesis). Name of Institution, Location.
Author AA. Year. Title of work (Report No. xxx). Place: Institution.
Author AA. Year, Month Day. Title of document [Format description]. Retrieved from http://URL
Other reference types
Reviewer RR. Year. Title of review [Review of the publication Title of the publication, by A. A. Author]. Periodical Title, Volume(issue), pages.
Inventor AA. Year of the issue. Patent Number. Place: Office Issuing the Patent.
Aaker DA, 1991. "Managing Brand Equity-Capitalizing on the Valueof a Brand Name", The Free Press a Division of Simon and Scchuster Inc., NY, USA, p.32.
Akkaya DA, 1991. "Marka İmajı Bileşenleri, Otomobil Sektöründe Bir Uygulama", 4. Ulusal Pazarlama Kongresi, Hatay
Barış G, 2002. “Tüketici Davranışı”, MediaCat Yayınları, ss.55-57, İstanbul.
Cemalcılar İ, 1986. "Pazarlama", Beta Basım Dağıtım, Yayın No: 54, 1. Basım, İstanbul, ss.124-125.
Don ES, Stanley T, 1991. “Başarılı Reklamın İlkeleri”, Çeviri: Erol Köroğlu, Cevdet Serbest, Yayınevi, Eko Matbaası, İstanbul, Ekim
Edward W, Cundiff EW, Stili RR, Govani NAP, 1974. “Fundamentals of Modern Marketing”, Prentice-Hall Inc., India Private Ltd., New Delhi, pp.250-255.
Ege A, 2003. "Türkiye İlk Defa Markalaşıyor"-Dünya Hazır Giyim Federasyonu 19. Konvansiyonu Toplantısı, Manşet Programı NTV, www.e-kolay.net/manset, İstanbul.
Engel JF, Kollat DF, Blackwell RD, 1968. "Consumer Behavior", Holt-Rinehart&Winston Inc., USA.
Grumbach D, 2003. "Türkiye İlk Defa Markalaşıyor"-Dünya Hazır Giyim Federasyonu 19. Konvansiyonu Toplantısı, Manşet Programı NTV, www.e-kolay.net/manset, İstanbul.
Hankinson G, Cowking P, 1996. “The Reality of Global Brands : Cases and Strategies for the Successful Management of Int. Brands”, McGraw-Hill Publ.
İkiz F ve Ark., 2000. "İstatistiğe Giriş", Barış Yayınları Fakülteler Kitabevi, İzmir, ss.219-221.
Mucuk İ, 1990. "Pazarlama İlkeleri", 5. Baskı, Der Yayınları, İstanbul, s.87.
Johanson JK, 1989. "Determinants and Effect of the Use of Made in Labels", International Marketing Review, Vol.6, No.1, USA, p.222.
Kaya B, 1990. “Tüketicilerin Korunması (Consumerism) : Modern Pazarlama Anlayışı İle Çevresel Bir Yaklaşım İçinde Bir İnceleme”, Hacettepe Üniversitesi İ.İ.B.F. Dergisi, Cilt 8, S:1,
Kotler P, Armstrong G, 1989. "Principles of Marketing", 4th Edition, Prentice Hall Inc., USA.
Kurtuluş K, 1998. "Pazarlama Araştırmaları", Genişletilmiş 6. Baskı, İstanbul Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi Yayın No: 2174, İstanbul, ss.231-232,234-236,843.
Picard JJ, 2003. "Türkiye İlk Defa Markalaşıyor"-Dünya Hazır Giyim Federasyonu 19. Konvansiyonu Toplantısı, Manşet Programı NTV, www.e-kolay.net/manset, İstanbul.
Stanton WJ, Etzel MJ, Walker BL, 2004. "Fostering Integrative Thinking", Latham et all. Journal of Management Education, 28, pp.3-18.
Uzar K, 1994. "Reklamın Güdeleyici Unsurları ve Tüketici Davranışında Güdülemeye Etki Eden Faktörler", (Yüksek Lisans Tezi) Ankara, ss.11-14.
DPT, 2002, “Sekizinci Beş Yıllık Kalkınma Planı”, Tekstil ve Giyim Sanayi Özel İhtisas Komisyonu Raporu. http://www.sbb.gov.tr/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/08_TekstilveGiyim Sanayii.pdf, Erişim Tarihi: 28.10.2019.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION ETHICS
International Refereed Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management (TJFDM), published by Ege University School of Fashion and Design, prioritizes ethical values. Scientific and artistic studies and designs cannot be made without ethical values. For this reason, ethical values should be preserved in scientific and artistic studies, designs and scientific publications.
Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management; pays attention to edit the articles submitted for publication within the publication process based on impartial and scientific values, submit them to the evaluation of the referees, prepare and publish the articles under review. The meticulousness of the publication and academic ethical values give priority to the evaluation of the authors' works in a scientifically qualified environment. It also enables researchers and industry representatives who follow the journal as readers to access qualified publications and improve the quality of publications.
To present the studies published by a journal to the evaluation of the referees, in the light of scientific ethical values, the original research studies and scientific studies support scientific studies. This means continuous improvement in broadcast quality.
It is important for the preservation of ethical values that authors, readers, researchers and referees share the sensitivity of the publishing institution, journal management, editors and advisory board. It expects all stakeholders in the Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management to have the following ethical responsibilities in line with guidelines and policies published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
– The articles submitted by the author(s) may be original or compilation. In the article; the entire research team should endeavor to work.
– When the research is turned into a scientific publication, each author should contribute to the research article.
– Persons who do not contribute to the study should not be mentioned as authors in the article.
– The research should be of scientific nature and references from other researchers should be cited within ethical limits.
– Honesty and openness should be the basis of the research. Also research results should be reliable.
– As in the original research articles, the articles should be prepared in accordance with the ethics of scientific publications and the author(s) should mention the publications they use as references.
– The authors, who are also included in the review articles, should contribute to the article work.
– If the data is requested of during evaluation process of the article, the author (s) should submit the requested data.
– The author (s) must have rights of the data which used in the study.
– The author (s) must have a document showing that they have the necessary permissions for the analyzes in the study or that the consent of the test subjects has been obtained.
– If the author (s) to notice a mistake or error related to their published or in the evaluation process of the study, they may request the journal editor to correct it during the correction process.
– Authors cannot submit their article to more than one journal at the same time for publication.
– The works published in another journal cannot be published in our journal. This is the responsibility of the author(s).
– The responsibilities of the author (s) of an article in the evaluation process (such as adding author, changing the order of author, removing the author) cannot be changed.
Ethical Duties and Responsibilities of Editors and Editorial Board
The Editors of Ege University Journal of TJFDM have the following ethics, duties and responsibilites on the basis of "COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (https://publicationethics.org/files/u2/Best_Practice.pdf) (https://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf):
– Editors of Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management of Ege University are independent in their evaluations and decisions in the journal.
– No external and/or internal factor can affect decision of editors.
– The editors reserve the right to take legal action against those who make a positive or negative impact.
– Editors are responsible for their decisions and every publication published in the journal.
– The editor-in-chief is the only person responsible for journal content and on-time publishing.
General Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
Editors have the following obligations:
– Making efforts to meet the information needs of readers and writers
– Ensuring the continuous development of the journal
– Conducting processes to improve the quality of the articles published in the journal
– Finding the referees for article evaluation and managing the evaluation process
– Ensuring academic integrity and supporting freedom of thought in studies
– Manage business processes adhering to intellectual property rights and ethical rules
– Defending the intellectual property rights of articles, the rights of the journal and author(s)
– Monitoring honesty and transparency policy
– Connecting between authors and readers
– Taking into consideration the complaints and suggestions about journals and articles, and producing solutions
– To make the preliminary evaluation of the articles in terms of their scientific and ethical compliance with the aims and objectives of the journal
– Redirecting articles to referees for evaluation
– Conducting the "Blind Refereeing and Evaluation Process" and prevent to possible deflections
– Protection of personal data of subjects or images involved in the studies
– Reject to articles that have not the permission of the individuals or ethics committee used in the studies
– To protect of individual data of authors, referees and readers
– Creation of "Author List" and "Referee List", systematically updating
– Providing descriptive and informative feedback to authors about their articles
– If need as a result of the evaluation, asking for correction from the authors
– Providing the referees with the information they need, communicating continuously, keeping their identity confidential
– To take precaution against possible abuse, misconduct, ethical and unscientific evaluations
– To publish the articles in accordance with journal publishing policies and international standards
– Submitting to the advisory board members appropriate studies for evaluation
– To regular communication with editorial board for publication policies and journal development
– Correcting judgments in articles that include errors, inconsistencies, or misleading
IMPORTANT NOTE: TR Index Journal Evaluation Criteria made some changes for 2020. One of them is the "Ethics Committee Approval" document. In the statement made by the TR index:
1. “Ethics committee approval should be obtained separately for researches conducted in all disciplines including social sciences and for clinical and experimental studies on humans and animals requiring ethical committee decision, this approval should be stated and documented in the article”.
2. “In studies requiring ethics committee approval, information about the permission (name of the board, date and number) should be included in the method section and also on the first / last page of the article. It is stated that in case reports, the information that the informed consent / consent form has been signed should be included in the article.
Based on these explanations, if the ethics committee permission is required for the articles sent to our journal in 2020, it is useful to consider the above points. Otherwise, your articles will not be evaluated. The above mentioned points are not valid for articles published in 2019 and before. There is no need to obtain ethics committee permits for these articles.
According to TR Index Journal Evaluation Criteria, researches requiring Ethics Committee permission are as follows.
1.All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using questionnaire, interview, focus group study, observation, experiment, interview techniques.
2. Use of humans and animals (including material / data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
3.Clinical researches on humans,
4. Research on animals,
5. Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on protection of personal data,
6. Stating that "informed consent form" was obtained in case presentations,
7. Obtaining and specifying permission from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaires and photographs belonging to others,
8.Statement of compliance with copyright regulations for the intellectual and artistic works used.
No fee is charged for the articles sent to our journal published by Ege University as open access through Dergipark.
Turkish Journal of Fashion Design and Management (TJFDM) Dergisi, Ege Üniversitesi Moda ve Tasarım Yüksekokulu tarafından yayınlanmaktadır.