1. Istanbul Law Review is a peer reviewed Journal that is published biannually (in January and in June) and indexed by ESCI and ULAKBİM.
2. The articles sent to be published in our journal should not be published elsewhere, nor be submitted to other journals simultaneously even with the purpose of evaluation. In this purpose, the authors shall also be required to sign a letter of undertaking.
3. Manuscripts should be submitted online via email@example.com
4. Articles that are considered as unsuitable with the publication principles by the Editorial Board are sent back to the author without review, in order to be corrected within the frame of principles. Extraordinary clerical errors and not being compatible with the scientific standards are sufficient for a paper to be rejected by the Editorial Board. Papers that are approved by the Editorial Board are submitted to reviewers in line with blind peer review principle. Authors are not informed about the identity of the referees. According to the assessments of the referees, the paper may be approved for publication, required to resubmission with amendments or rejected.
5. Authors, must provide their titles, institutions, correspondence address, ORCID numbers, phone number and e-mail address.
6. The Review accepts and publishes articles written in Turkish and English. Title, abstract which consists of 150 to 200 words and five key words must be added to the paper in Turkish and English languages. In the articles submitted in Turkish language, there must be an extended abstract only in English between 600-800 words, summarizing the scope, the purpose, the results of the study and the methodology used.
6.Istanbul Law Review complies with OSCOLA style 4th Edition for referencing and quoting. The main text and footnotes must be written in Times New Roman. Font size for the main text should be 12 with 1,5 line spacing while footnotes are written in font size 10 with 1 line spacing. Footnotes are to be shown at the bottom of the page.
7. Author’s name should be written bottom right of the Turkish and English title of the paper and should end with a star symbol. Star footnote should consists of title and institution of the author and correspondence address, phone number and e- mail address.
8. The article should contain a bibliography consisting of the sources used in the article at the end and references need to be arranged in alphabetical order of the authors’ surnames.
9. To be limited with the copies published by the Faculty; financial rights regarding reproduction, distribution, public performance, derivative works and translation of the papers which are approved for publication are to be transferred to the faculty to be used on the print, auditory, digital etc. media, nationwide and worldwide. Authors accept not to receive any royalty payment.
10. Besides articles, also translations may be published in the accepted languages. These papers might be approved or rejected by the Editorial Board. Original text of the translation and consent of the rightful owner are also should be enclosed with the translation. Translations are also subject to the assessment of reviewers.
11. In order to submit a paper to be published, it should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx) file type.
12. The responsibility arising from the papers submitted to our journal for publication, belongs to the author(s).