Language Teaching and Educational Research aims to transform the theoretical and methodological dimensions of learning, teaching and research into a practical and tangible perspective as well as to make original contributions to the educational research field, with language teaching research in the foreground. LATER aims to publish high-quality papers in a global and inclusive manner. LATER acknowledges the importance of cross-culturality and interdisciplinarity in conducting research, thinking that the amalgamation of studies which bring together the practices of several subdisciplines of education from different cultural contexts helps better reflect the universal nature of education, at the same time shedding light on local educational policies and practices.
LATER is open to global readership and authorship by covering qualitative, quantitative and mixed research methodologies, original research articles, systematic research reviews, book reviews, meta-studies, inclusive literature reviews related to general topics of education, and in particular, second/foreign language pedagogy. LATER considers manuscripts in English.
Submissions can only be made through Dergipark system, from "Submit a Manuscript" tab on the journal's main page. In order to act as a reviewer or submit a paper, it is necessary to register from http://dergipark.org.tr/register/ if you do not have a Dergipark account yet. Authors can track the status of their submission through the Dergipark dashboard and notifications received from the Dergipark System.
Authors can view the submission video from (how to submit): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-0o_h7ZCgSzVDRxUEhoalVTS00/view
1. LATER accepts submissions in English.
2. Submissions must be formatted based on the manuscript template below.
3. Submissions that reveal author names throughout the text or do not comply with the manuscript template and the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA 7th Edition) are returned to authors for resubmission. (For APA 7 style referencing: https://www.griffith.edu.au/library/study/referencing/apa-7 )
4. All the information regarding the paper structure (i.e. fonts, tables, headings, references, etc.) are available in the body of the format below. There is no word limit for manuscripts.
5. Authors need to upload a similarity report output from Ithenticate/Turnitin along with the paper during the first submission.
6. "Statement on ethics and conflict of interest" box in the paper template must be filled in. Ethics approval document must also be uploaded during the first submission.
7. The Checklist in the final step of the submission needs to be carefully examined.
Title of the manuscript: Magra Font, 17 pt.
Abstract: Between 150-250 words, Magra Font, 9 pt.
Headings: Bold, 11pt.,left justified, only the first letter of the first word must be capitalized. (Second-level heading bold-italicized; Third-level heading not bold-italicized)
Body text: Sylfaen Font, 11 pt.
Tables and Figures: Captions must be written right above the table or figure in italics, NOT bold. Only the first letter of the first word must be capitalized. Vertical lines should not be used in tables. Font sizes for the texts in tables and figures can be adapted.
No author name/information is given throughout the manuscript.
The author(s) must confirm that the manuscript is their original work, has not been published previously or is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The LATER Journal is an open access journal, and does NOT require any fee from the authors for article processing, review and publication processes.