1. Research and Publication Ethics Standards
The ASBU Law Journal adheres to academic principles and ethical values in its publication policy. It continues its publication life in accordance with national and international standards regarding ethical principles and values. In this context, the standards determined by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) and the principles determined in YÖK "Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive" are taken into consideration. The publication request of the works that are found to be in violation of the research and publication ethics standards accepted in the article evaluation process is rejected. If the contradiction in question is detected after the publication of the work, the work will be removed from the publication.
* The principles stated below have been prepared based on the standards specified by COPE and YÖK.
2. Authors' Responsibility
Before the work is sent to the Journal, the author should check whether it is in compliance with the ethical standards, publication principles and writing rules adopted by the Journal.
The preparation of the work in accordance with the research and publication principles is in the responsibility of the author(s). By submitting the work, the author undertakes that the work has been prepared in accordance with the Law No. 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works, YÖK Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive and the standards of research and publication ethics announced by COPE.
3. Responsibility of Referees
The referee should complete the evaluation by submitting the work sent to him, taking into account the principles in the link announced by COPE (https://publicationethics.org/files/Ethical_Guidelines_For_Peer_Reviewers_2.pdf) and should send it to the editorial board within a time period.
4. Responsibility of the Editor and Editorial Board
a) Impartiality: The editor carries out the evaluation process of the works regardless of the owner's religion, gender, nationality and political view.
b) Confidentiality: The editor ensures that the blind referee principle is preserved during the publication process. It also takes measures to prevent conflict of interest between the author and the referee.
c) Fairness: The editor considers the COPE guide (https://publicationethics.org/files/What_To_Do_If_Suspect_Peer_Review_Manipulation.pdf) in terms of compliance of the referee process with ethical standards.
d) Cooperation and coordination: Necessary cooperation and coordination is provided to complete the evaluation process of the works within the envisaged period.
e) Information sharing: In sharing information about the publication process and article evaluation processes of the journal with the board and other persons in charge, the editor observes the principles in the link determined by COPE (https://publicationethics.org/files/Sharing%20_of_Information_Among_EiCs_guidelines_web_version_0.pdf).
f) Ethical violations: Regarding a work sent to the Journal for publication or published in the previous issues of the Journal,
When repeated publication, slicing, plagiarism, fabricated data, conflict of interest and unfair authorship occur;
About authorship change requests
Complies with the standards in the link specified by COPE (https://publicationethics.org/files/Full_set_of_flowcharts_Turkey_2017%20%281%29.pdf).
Also considers the issues described in the link published by COPE regarding the duplicate publication and slicing (https://publicationethics.org/files/Web_A29298_COPE_Text_Recycling.pdf); regarding unfair authorship (https://publicationethics.org/files/Recognise_Potential_Authorship_Problems.pdf).
1. It is assumed that the authors accept the publication principles of the Journal of ASBU Law Faculty when they submit their works to the Journal.
2. Journal of ASBU Law Faculty is published semi-annually.
3. The works submitted to the Journal must not be published elsewhere or sent for publication. The authors’ submissions demonstrate their commitments in this regard.
4. The opinions in the works published in the Journal and the responsibility stemming from them belong to the authors.
5. The work, which is sent as a hardcopy to the Journal, is not returned to the author. The author is informed solely about the results of evaluation.
6. Works should be written in “Microsoft Office Word” program. Copyright Form must be signed and submitted in pdf form.
7. The works can be written in Turkish, English, German or French. The works submitted to the Journal should comply with writing and citation rules. Abstract in the works submitted to the Journal should be included at least 100 words. If the language of the work is Turkish, abstract section should be Turkish and the translation of this part into English, German or French should be included in the work. If the language of the work is other than Turkish, an abstract in this language and the translation of this abstract into Turkish or English should be included in the work. In the abstract section, at least five keywords and the titles of the work in both languages should be included.
8. The authors should write their titles, contact information, working places and ORCID numbers in the footnote specifying their names and surnames.
9. Authors are deemed to have accepted that their submitted works are ready to be published. In the preliminary examination conducted by the editors, works, which do not comply with the scientific standards and writing guidelines of the Journal and include spelling errors overmuch, are rejected.
10. After the preliminary examinations, the works are evaluated by journal reviewers in compliance with blind peer review system. If the corrections are requested in the report of the journal reviewer, the author can make solely the changes pursuant to specified corrections in the report. After the changes, if necessary according to the report, the work is sent to the journal reviewer again. If one of the reviewer reports is positive and the other is negative, a third reviewer is consulted.
11. Only the works which are approved by the journal reviewers are published in the Journal.
12. If the works are approved for publication, all publication rights of the works including electronic publication belong to Law Faculty of Social Sciences University of Ankara. No copyright fee, in this regard, will be paid to the authors.