PUBLICATION ETHICS – IJISEF
International Journal of Islamic Economics and Finance Studies (IJISEF) attaches importance to the Code of Ethics to protect the rights of the journal, authors and science. At this point, it is important that all parties included in the publication process (authors and researchers, reviewers and editors) comply with the ethical principles. In this framework, the ethical rules that the parties must follow are as follows:
• All authors have significantly contributed to the research,
• Statement that all data in article are real and authentic; there should be no plagiarism and fraudulent data,
• Forbidden to publish – or to send for publishing – same research in more than one journal,
• The cited sources should be written in the bibliography,
• Citations and bibliography should comply with the spelling rules,
• Similarity rate of the study should not exceed 20%,
• Academic studies should not contradict publishing ethics,
• All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes,
• It is assumed that the authors agree to abide by these rules.
• Reviewers should definitely report articles’ shortcomings and scientific contributions,
• They should not act contrary to the confidentiality of the articles,
• Judgments should be objective,
• Reviewers should have no conflict of interest with respect to the research, the authors and/or the research funders.
• Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article,
• Editors should have no conflict of interest with respect to articles they reject/accept,
• Only articles that will contribute to the field should be accepted,
• When errors are found, they should promote publication of correction or retraction,
• They should preserve anonymity of reviewers; and prevent plagiarism / fraudulent data.
For actions contrary to scientific research and publication ethics, see: “Higher Education Institutions Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive, Article 4 (Yükseköğretim Kurumları Bilimsel Araştırma ve Yayın Etiği Yönergesi, Madde 4)”, http://www.uak.gov.tr/yonetmelikler/Yay%C4%B1nEti%C4%9FiY%C3%B6nergesi_140318.pdf.
Determination of the Situation Contrary to Publication Ethics
International Journal of Islamic Economics and Finance Studies (IJISEF) uses double-blind review fulfilled by at least two reviewers. In addition, all articles are checked by means of a program in order to detect of situations contrary to publication ethics.
When a reader discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in a paper published in International Journal of Islamic Economics and Finance Studies (IJISEF) or have any other complaint about editorial content (plagiarism, duplicate papers, etc.), he/she should make a complaint by e-mail to: email@example.com. We welcome complaints as they provide an opportunity for improvement, and we aim to respond quickly and constructively.