KARAELMAS JOURNAL OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY adheres to the policies and good publishing practice of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
It is necessary that all parties participating in the process of publication (authors, reviewers and editorial team) to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior. In this context;
- An ethics committee approval must be obtained for research conducted in all disciplines including social sciences and for clinical and experimental studies on humans and animals, requiring ethical committee decision, and this approval should be stated and documented in the article.
- It should be stated that the articles comply with Research and Publication Ethics.
- In studies requiring ethical committee permission, information about the permission (board name, date and issue number) should be included in the method section and on the first/last page of the article.
- For the scales used in data collection, the permission of the scale owner should be obtained and declared in the article.
- The responsibility for the opinions expressed in articles belongs to authors.
- Authors must certify that:
- The paper represents an original work;
- The paper has not previously been published elsewhere;
- The paper is not being considered for publication elsewhere;
- The paper contains real and authentic data;
- All sources used in the creation of their paper are presented or cited;
- The author and co-authors of the paper had a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the presented work.
- Authors must notify the journal editor if they find errors or inaccuracy in their work.
- Before publication, authors of accepted manuscripts must sign a Copyright Agreement Form.
- Review only articles that matches the reviewer's expertise. If the reviewer feels that it is not possible to complete the review process, must inform the Editor in Chief immediately, so the manuscript could be send to any other reviewer
- Reviewers should keep confidential all information regarding the reviewing process;
- Reviewers should allocate enough time for the review process in order to meet the deadline stated in the invitation to review;
- Reviewers must ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources used in the research;
- Any kind of similarity between the manuscript and other published paper, must be immediately noticed to the Editor in Chief
- Reviewer should express their views clearly with the supporting arguments.
- The Editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal will be published.
- The Editor should preserve the anonymity of reviewers.
- The Editor should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers and board members.
- The Editor must ensure that information regarding the manuscript is kept confidential
- Prevention of plagiarism is essential as it provides scientific and academic integrity. Therefore, Karaelmas Journal of Occupational Health and Safety uses the iThenticate Plagiarism Detection Software for controlling plagiarism concerns.
- The Similarity Index (SI) of the study should be 20% or less. As a result of the similarity report, one of the following three decisions is made about the study.
- It is sent to the editor for evaluation.
- A correction request is sent back to the author(s).
- Rejection is carried out without taking the evaluation stage.