The Black Sea Journal of Social Sciences is committed to maintain the highest academic and ethical standards in line with the principles of the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE).
The Journal ensures an unbiased consideration for each work submitted. This means each manuscript is judged on its merits without regard race, religion, nationality, sex, political view, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the author(s).
The Editorial Board and the editors of the Journal are obliged to ensure the confidentiality of the submitted works until they are published, except in the case of suspicion of double submission or plagiarism. In cases where the Editorial Board decide not to publish a material, it is the responsibility of the editors and the Editorial Board that no information will be disseminated to any person other than the author(s) and the manuscript will not be used by the Journal for other purposes.
Studies that violate the academic and legal criteria such as double submission, plagiarism and/or violation of copyright laws are not evaluated. If and when such violations are determined during the evaluation period, the review process is immediately stopped and the study is returned to the author(s).
The Journal adheres to double blind review process. In cases where the referee evaluations are contradictory or inadequate, the editors and/or the Editorial Board may ask for additional review(s).
The main task of the reviewers is to contribute to the editors’ decision on publishing a submitted manuscript. The reviewers are obliged to ensure the confidentiality of the submitted works during the evaluation, and they must not use the information obtained through peer review process for personal interest. The reviewers should not consider a manuscript in which they have conflict of interest with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers. The reviewers should objectively and critically evaluate the work, and must avoid personal comments on the author(s).
The publication decision on submitted works are collectively taken by the Editorial Board, the Managing and Associate Editors, and the Editor-in-Chief based on the reviewer’s reports. The final decision for publishing the manuscripts that have succeeded in all evaluation processes rests with the Editorial Board of the Journal. The Journal does not have to provide a reason to the authors whose manuscripts are not published.
The authors should ensure that they have submitted entirely original works to the Journal. The authors should appropriately cite all the materials used in the work. All attempts of plagiarism are resulted in rejection of the submitted manuscript. Authors should not submit the same work or essentially the same research in more than one journal at the same time. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and would result immediate rejection.
All kinds of research carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques, etc., and retrospective studies in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data, require permission from the ethics committee.
It is also necessary to state in the research paper that “Informed Consent Form” has been obtained in case reports, to take and state permissions from the copyright owners of formulations, surveys, photographs, etc., and to indicate that copyright regulations for the thought pieces and works of art have been complied with.
Authors are allowed to re-submit their rejected manuscripts after revising them in accordance with reviewers’ reports. The manuscripts that are judged by the Editorial Board to be not adjusted enough to address the concerns raised by the reviewer(s) are rejected. Others are accepted for the evaluation process as a new submission.
The Black Sea Journal of Social Sciences is an open access journal, which means it is free to access all manuscripts online as soon as they are published. There are no article publishing charges for the submitted works.
1. Articles submitted to The Black Sea Journal of Social Sciences should be original contributions that would bring about a new perspective to the studied topic, and should not be published previously or under consideration for any other publication at the same time.
2. If a submitted article is selected for publication, it’s copyright will be transferred to Giresun University. Published papers can be cited by providing appropriate bibliographical information. Permissions for re-publishing any article in full-text must be sought from the Journal.
3. The submitted manuscripts can be published only after at least two positive reports by the reviewers and decisions taken by the responsible Associate Editor as well as the Editorial Board. The legal and academic responsibilities for published material belong to the author(s) for their publications. Statements of opinion appearing in the articles are solely those of the authors and do not imply endorsement by the Journal.
4. Submissions whether published or not are not returned.
5. Only the articles and book reviews submitted via filling the form on the web page of Dergipark (https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/journal/776/submission/step/manuscript/new) are taken into consideration. The manuscripts that are directly sent to the Editors and/or to the Editorial Board members are not taken into consideration.
6. Authors are requested to fill and approve the copyright contract before submitting their manuscripts.
7. Articles should be maximum 6.000 words including the footnotes. Turkish and English abstracts and keywords, as well as the bibliography are not included in the word limit. The manuscripts that are above of the word limit are returned to the author(s) without any evaluation.
8. All the articles published in the Journal should indicate whether the approval of an ethics committee and/or legal/special permission is needed. If it is necessary to obtain such permits, the institution, date, and decision or serial number of the permission should be clearly stated.