Manuscripts submitted for consideration by the Journal must follow the style given below;
- The manuscripts should not be submitted simultaneously to any other publication, nor may they have been previously published elsewhere, in Turkish or English.
- Articles submitted to the journal of Turkish Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, should be original contributions and should not be published previously or should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time.
- If another version of the paper is under consideration by any other publication, or has been, or will be published elsewhere, authors should inform the journal editors at the time of submission.
- Articles should be between 6,000-10,000 words including footnotes and bibliography. Book reviews should be between 750-1500 words. Case analyses should be between 3000-5000 words including footnotes.
- Articles should include Turkish and English max. 200 words abstract and maximum 5 keywords in both languages.
- If the research article is written in Turkish, an extended English summary should be added after the bibliography. The extended summary should be in line with the rules of writing applied in the article and should be between 600 and 750 words.
- All quotation are preferred as “Chicago Style” in our journal.
- Papers should be written in a considerable level of academic Turkish or English.
- Manuscripts should be typed using Microsoft Word document file, in Times New Roman and 1 space. 12 font should be used within text while 10 font should be preferred for footnotes.
- References should be given both in the footnotes and in the bibliography. Reference style must conform to the Chicago Manual of Style. Please see the style for examples.
- The section titles and subtitles in the manuscripts should be numbered. (i.e. 1. Introduction, 2. Title xxx, 2.1. Subtitle xxx, etc.)
- If there are any tables, graphs and figures, they have to be included in the submitted main text file. Graphs and figures should be in one of the usual formats, at best in GIF or BMP format.
- The tables, graphs and figures should be numbered consecutively for each and should match the same numbering used in the text.
Manuscripts must be submitted via: https://dergipark.org.tr/journal/868/submission/start
Note: If you encounter any problems with writing citation or bibliography, the data on the web page of The Chicago Manuel of Style,” http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_ citationguide/citation-guide-1.html” should be taken as basis.
Academic impartiality and scientific quality are important criteria in the evaluation of articles submitted for publication. Therefore, the recommendations of the ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors) and the International Standards for Editors and Authors of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) should be taken into account in scientific articles submitted to the TJMES journal.
- Turkish Journal of Middle Eastern Studies (TJMES) is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes high-quality articles on social sciences.
- TJMES is a journal published twice a year in June and December.
- One article per year of each author is published.
- The language of the articles can be English or Turkish.
- The percentage of similarity in articles should be less than 20% excluding references.
- Article applications are not accepted via e-mail.
- The referee process is not initiated for articles that do not comply with the writing rules of the journal, without footnotes, bibliography, preface or abstract. The Editorial Board may take a decision for special cases. Click for the writing rules of the article.
- Ethics committee approval must be obtained for all studies on clinical and experimental humans and animals.
- Manuscripts to be published must be sent via the “Submit Article” page.
NOTE: If any editor sends an article to the TJMES, the editor's access to the editorial panel is prevented. The editor follows all processes as a writer. After the process is completed, the editorial authority is given to him again.
Required files to be uploaded when submitting an article:
- WORD document of the article prepared by considering the spelling rules (Author(s) information, name and surname, Orcid(s), responsible author, e-mail(s) must be found.)
- WORD document of the article prepared considering the spelling rules (There should be no information belonging to the authors. This file will be sent to the referees in accordance with the double-blind refereeing policy.)
- Copyright Agreement and Author Acceptance Form
Non-essential files that must be uploaded when submitting an article:
- It is recommended to upload a plagiarism report to the system.
- If necessary for the study, the approved version of the Ethics Committee Permit must be uploaded to the system. In addition, this approval (name of the board, date and number) should be stated in the "Article Information Form" at the end of the study and in the method section. Ethics committee permission is requested for all kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from the participants by using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, and interview techniques, regardless of when the study was conducted.