Scientific Research Ethics
- Scientific methods are used in obtaining, analyzing, interpreting and reaching the data. Non-scientific results cannot be used as research results.
- Author(s) must adhere to the national and international agreements during research period and must obtain permission from the competent authorities.
- The data obtained in the studies must be used in the manner/form permitted by the authorities. It is essential that data, which must not be shared, remain confidential.
- Researchers are obliged to inform the relevant persons and institutions about the problems that may occur after research done. Each researcher has the right not to participate in research due to these unintended consequences.
- Persons who do not contribute to the study during scientific research and writing should not be cited as authors.
- The author(s) must avoid situations such as irresponsible authorship, plagiarism, junk science, multicasting, segmentally publications, biased source, biased publication, and human-animal ethics.
- The author(s) must follow the citation system stated in the journal during the writing phase of the manuscript.
- Unpublished or un-presented works should not be cited in the manuscripts.
- All or part of any work cannot be published without permission or citation (plagiarism is not allowed).
- The author(s), if any, must state the financial sources of the study.
- must be experts in the fields of subjects of the manuscript.
- is (are) obliged to objectively and clearly his/her criticism. He/she must not act in accordance with his / her personal interests / opinions and, if necessary, refuse to act as a referee.
- should take into consideration the texts are personal during the evaluation process and should not share the texts with third parties.
- should not transfer information from the manuscript for their own work and should not seek any academic / personal interest.
- should provide clear and detailed reasons for the articles to be rejected.
- should also take into account the journal's scientific research and publication ethic rules.
- is obliged to appoint at least two referees appropriate to the subject of the candidate manuscripts.
- must ensure communication between the referee(s) and the author in charge, taking into account the blind review process.
- must maintain their relations in a transparent and objective manner without discrimination between any authors and referees.
- must not use their position for their own individual and academic interests.
- must provide clear and detailed justifications for the manuscripts they will reject.
- must also consider scientific research, publication and review ethics.
Peer Review Process
- The papers that are sent to anemon are subjected to preliminary assessment by the Editorial Board to see whether the work complies with the principles of the journal. The papers that are out of the scope of the journal or do not comply with the format of a scientific text either in terms of content or style are either rejected or demanded to be corrected prior to peer-review process. Academic objectivity and scientific quality are the most important criteria for the assessment of the articles that are submitted to be published.
- The articles that comply with the publication principles of anemon are sent to two reviewers who are known for their studies in the relevant field. anemon Journal employs double-blind review system in which the names of neither the reviewers nor the authors are disclosed in any of the phases of the process. Reviewer reports are saved for five years. If one of the reviewers gives positive feedback while the other gives negative feedback, the article is either sent to a third reviewer or Editorial Board examines the reviewer reports to make the final decision.
- The authors submitting papers to anemon take into account the criticisms and suggestions of the reviewers and the Editorial Board. The authors also have the right to object to the points with which they disagree. In the reviewing process, the publications of people with academic titles are only reviewed by academics of either an equal or a higher degree.
- Assessment process of anemon may sometimes take long periods of time due to undesired reasons. Normally, preliminary assessment by the editor takes a week while reviewer’s assessment period takes 8 weeks. However, reviewer assessment process may get longer when reviewers do not respond on time or in cases of appointing a new reviewer and so on.
- The author/authors submitting papers to anemon is/are considered to have accepted the aforementioned reviewing conditions and process of the journal.
- The copyrights of the works that are decided to be published (accepted) in anemon are transferred to Muş Alparslan University.
- anemon is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes authentic and qualified works with a scientific approach in the fields of social sciences. It is published to contribute to raising the quality of the social sciences studies, development of methods and practices, to strengthen the communication between theoretical and practical studies, and to enrich the literature.
- anemon supports all the authentic and qualified scientific studies in the social sciences field including business, economics, educational sciences, finance, fine arts, history, international relations, linguistics, literature, philosophy, political science, psychology, sociology and theology etc. It publishes new and authentic works to offer the knowledge produced by scientific circles for the benefit of academics and public.
- The works that are sent to anemon must be either an authentic work to eliminate a lack in the literature or a review assessing the previously-published works and suggesting relevant, new, and noteworthy opinions.
- The texts that are sent to anemon include articles, translations, and book promotions. For the translated texts, publication permission of the owner of the article and the source text are required.
- Publication languages of anemon are Turkish and English. However, each issue may include articles written in other languages unless they exceed one third of the journal.
- Before academic studies submitted to anemon, they should be proofread and edited by native the language-speaking editors related to language used in the paper. This should also be documented (excluding study prepared in Turkish language).
- The works that are sent to anemon must not be published previously anywhere. They have to be ready for publication. The papers that have previously been presented in a scientific meeting can be sent to the journal if it is clearly indicated.
- anemon is regularly published six times a year, in February, April, June, August, October and December by Muş Alparslan University.
- anemon is dont charge submission, processing or publication fees for submitted articles. All expenses are covered by Muş Alparslan University.
- No copyright payment is made for the papers that are sent to anemon. The copyrights of the works that are published in the Journal are transferred to Muş Alparslan University Journal of Social Sciences (anemon).
- Scientific and legal liabilities of the articles published in anemon belong to the authors.
- All the opinions and ideas indicated in the articles that are published in anemon are authors’ personal opinions and do not reflect the opinions of the Journal or the affiliated institutions by any means.
- The works that are sent to anemon are sent to TUBITAK ULAKBIM’s DergiPark System (UDS) in electronical environment. This system can be accessed via http://dergipark.gov.tr/anemon under the link “User Page/New Submission”. After registering in the system and submitting the paper, the developments regarding the reviewing process and reviewer reports can be followed by the authors.