anemon is published bimonthly in February, April, June, August, October and December starting from 2018 by Mus Alparslan University. The purpose of the journal is to make contributions to publishing qualified academic studies in social sciences and humanities.
The articles that are published in the journal cannot be published or presented anywhere else unless permission is granted from the editorial board. The articles that are published either partially or completely cannot be used anywhere else unless reference is given. The articles that are sent to the journal has to be authentic, not previously published or sent to be published. The authors of the articles have to have a consensus regarding the order of the authors' names in the article.
If you download the “sample article” that was prepared according to spelling rules and format of the Journal of anemon from our website through the link for authors to help you prepare the article, this will save your time and facilitate the preparation process. You can also prepare your article by saving this sample as a template on the Microsoft Word program.
· The articles should be in MS Word 2007 or higher version.
· The layout has to be custom-designed A4 paper (210 x 297 mm). The file format has to be MS Word. The font has to be Times New Roman or a similar one with a size of 10. The file has to have single-line spacing. 6 nk space should be left before and after each paragraph. Page margins have to be 2 cm on the top and 1.5 cm for all the other sides. The pages have to be numbered.
· The articles should include the name(s), surname(s), institutional title(s), institution name(s), e-mail address(es), and ORCID of the author(s). In addition, the corresponding author has to be indicated in the articles.
· The title of the article has to be consistent with the content and must reflect the content in the best way possible. The title has to be boldface with a font size of 13. The first letter of all the words has to be uppercase. The title has to be left-aligned. The articles should have an English title with the same properties.
· The article needs to include an “Abstract” at the beginning not less than 75 words nor longer than 120 words summarizing the content in the most precise and concise way. The abstract must not include references, figures, and table numbers. Leaving a space under the abstract, the author has to add keywords including at least 3 and utmost 5 words. The keywords have to be consistent with the content and should be comprehensive. Similarly, the articles have to include an English title, keywords, and abstract.
· anemon is published in Turkish and English. However, each issue may include articles written in other languages unless they exceed one third of the journal. The articles written in other languages have to have Turkish and English titles, keywords, and abstracts in addition to those written in its original language.
· The works that are presented in any symposium or congress can be published after specifying the name, place and the date of the congress. The works (BAP, TUBITAK, Word Bank ect.) that are supported by a research organization or fund have to indicate the name of the supportive organization and the number of the project.
· The articles should be organized as introduction, body, and conclusion. Subtitles and lower-level titles must have a font size of 11 (12 nk before and 6 nk after) and be left-aligned.
· Formulas and equations should be written via Math Type or Word Equation Editor.
· The study has to comply with grammatical rules. The latest Turkish Language Association Spell Check has to be employed regarding the use of punctuation, spelling of the words, and abbreviations. The text is expected to be clear and simple. No expressions out of purpose and scope must be included in the work. The valid scientific methods have to be employed to prepare the article. The content, purpose, scope, justification, etc. of the study have to be provided as much as needed in a certain order.
· An article is expected to include abstract, sections of the main text, references, and appendices (if there is any) respectively. An article has to have an “Introduction” and “Conclusion” sections. The “Introduction” is definitely expected to include the purpose, importance, period, scope, data methodology, and outline of the study. If it is necessary for the subject to be dealt with, literature review can be given in this section as well. The “conclusion” needs to be in compliance with the study’s purpose and scope. It needs to be given generally and concisely. The points that are not mentioned within the text must not be included in “conclusion”. Headings, titles, and subtitles can be used to organize the text.
· Tables/Figures should be numbered and given with their titles. No vertical lines must be used to draw the tables. Horizontal lines can only be used to separate the subtitles within the table from each other. Table/Figure number has to be at the top left-aligned and non-Italic. The name of tables/figures has to be written with each word having its first letter uppercase. In addition, tables/figures have to comply with black and white print. If there is anything in the table that requires reference, the references must be given at the bottom of the table with in-text reference format.
· Headings, titles, and subtitles can be used to ensure an ordered information transfer. All the other titles except for the title of the article have to have a font size of 11. First-level titles should be uppercase but boldface; the first letters of all the words in the second-level titles should be uppercase and not boldface; and only the first letters of the words in the third-level titles should be uppercase, and these titles have to be italic. In addition, the titles have to be organized with 6 nk before and after the title.
1. First-Level Title
1.1. Second-Level Title
1.1.1. Third-level Title
· The citation format is APA (American Psychological Association) Style 6th Edition. The authors have to follow the spelling principles and format specified by American Psychological Association in American Psychological Association Publication Manual regarding both quotations and bibliography. For detailed information: http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx
(i) Reference to a book:
Stopford, M. (1997). Maritime Economics. New York: Routledge.
(ii) Translated book:
Davison, A. (2006). Türkiye’de Sekülerizm ve Modernlik. Tuncay Birkan (Trans.). İstanbul: İletişim Yayınları.
(iii) Reference to a chapter in an edited book:
Esen, Ö., & Aydın, C. (2018). Tunisia. In: S. Özdemir, S. Erdoğan, & A. Gedikli (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Sociopolitical Factors Impacting Economic Growth in Islamic Nations (pp. 68-94). USA: IGI Global.
(iv) Reference to a journal publication:
Esen, Ö. (2016). Security of the energy supply in Turkey: Prospects, challenges and opportunities. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 6(2), 281-289.
(v) Two authors:
Aydin, C., & Esen, Ö. (2018). Does the level of energy intensity matter in the effect of energy consumption on the growth of transition economies? Evidence from dynamic panel threshold analysis. Energy Economics, 69, 185-195.
(vi) Theses and dissertations:
Esen, Ö. (2013). Sürdürülebilir Büyüme Bağlamında Türkiye’nin Enerji Açığı Sorunu: 2012-2020 Dönemi Enerji Açığı Projeksiyonu. Doctoral Dissertation. Erzurum: Atatürk University.
(vii) Internet Based Sources
IATA (2016). Annual Reports Review. (15.10.2017), Retrieved from https://www.iata.org/about/Documents/iata-annual-review-2016.pdf
· In-text references have to be indicated in brackets where relevant.
(i) For single author: (Surname, Date of Publication: Page Number)
(ii) For multiple authors: (Surname et al., Date of Publication: Page Number)
· A paper prepared in accordance with these conditions should not exceed 10 pages, excluding References and Annexes.
· The manuscripts that comply with the publication principles of anemon are passed through plagiarism checking. The journal uses the iThenticate software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. If the similarity level is above 5%, the manuscript is not accepted for publication.
· The articles are sent through Online Application System for the first step of the publication. An automatically-sent confirmation message is sent to your e-mail address upon the completion of the application. For further information, please contact the editor via http://dergipark.gov.tr/anemon.