- To contribute to the providing of scientific communication on geosciences in Turkey and international community.
- To announce and share researches in all fields of geoscientific studies in Turkey with geoscientists worldwide.
- To announce scientific researches and practices on geoscientific surveys carried out by the General Directorate of Mineral Research and Exploration (MTA) to the public.
- To use the journal as an effective media for international publication exchange by keeping the journal in high quality, scope and format.
- To contribute to the development of Turkish language as a scientific language.
At least one of the following qualifications is required for publishing the papers in the Bulletin of Mineral Research and Exploration.
2.1. Research Articles and Review Articles
2.1.1. Original Scientific Researches
- These articles cover and contribute to the main subjects of the earth sciences, the original scientific researches and its results related to all aspects of disciplines in geoscience like exploration and evaluation of the underground sources and environmental problems, and
- The studies, which apply new aspects and methods for the solution of problems about the earth sciences and researches, which apply new aspects and methods for the solution of the problems, in the engineering sciences carried out in MTA.
2.1.2. Review articles
- These papers include comphrehensive scholarly review articles that summarize and critically assess previous geoscientific researches with a new perspective and reveal a new approach.
- This type of article is intended for the discussion of papers that have already been published in the latest issue of the Bulletin. The discussion/reply type articles, which criticize all or a part of a recently published article, are published in the following first issue if it is submitted within six months after the publication of the Bulletin.
- The discussions are sent to the corresponding author of the original paper to get their reply before publication. The discussions abut the paper with two or more authors are sent only to the corresponding author.
- If the review article is not published within the prescribed preiod then it is published alone. Later sent replies are not published. Re-criticising of the replies is not allowed.
- The authors should obey the rules of scientific ethics and discussions in their discussion/reply papers. The papers in this category should not exceed four printed pages of the journal including figures and tables etc. The format of the papers should be compatible with the “Spelling Rules” of the Bulletin.
2.3. Short Notes
- The short notes part of the Bulletin covers short, brief and concisely written research reports for papers including the data obtained from ongoing and/or completed scientific researches and practices related to geoscience and new and/or preliminary factual findings from Turkey and worldwide.
- The short notes will follow a streamlined schedule and will normally be published in the following first or second issue shortly after submission of the paper to the Bulletin.
- This type of articles should not exceed four printed pages of the journal including figures, tables and an abstract.