The publication processes applied in the Journal of Contemporary Administrative Sciences are carried out according to the principle of open and impartial communication. In this direction, the scientific quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support the authors is a priority issue. In this process, all stakeholders (authors, readers and researchers, publisher, referees and editors) must fulfil their duties and responsibilities by complying with the standards for ethical principles. The ethical responsibilities of our journal have been prepared by taking into account the guidelines and policies published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the principles in the Research and Publication Ethics Directive of Council of Higher Education (YÖK).
Ethical Duties and Responsibilities of Authors
1. The works submitted by the author or authors must be original.
2. The author or authors are required to cite and/or cite completely and accurately in case of using different sources.
3. Persons who did not contribute to the study should not be mentioned as authors.
4. All studies submitted for publication should be disclosed, if any, and their relationships that may constitute a conflict of interest.
5. Raw data and information about their work from the author or authors should be kept ready to be sent to the editorial board and scientific committee when requested.
6. Authors are expected to indicate whether their work needs Ethics Committee Approval. If necessary, the Ethics Committee Approval should be uploaded to the system, and the date and approval numbers should be included in the article.
7. Authors should not submit their work to more than one journal.
8. If the authors realize an error in their work during the evaluation process, they have the obligation to correct or withdraw the journal editor.
Ethical Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
The ethical duties and responsibilities of the editors and field editors of the Journal of Contemporary Administrative Sciences are as follows:
1. To respond to the information requests of readers and authors in a timely manner, to act in accordance with the principle of openness and transparency,
2. To facilitate the process of uploading and evaluating articles for the author or authors and to ensure the continuous development of the journal,
3. To guide the author or authors by publishing the journal's writing rules and principles, article template,
4. To support freedom of thought and expression,
5. Not to compromise on intellectual property rights and ethical standards,
6. To grant the right of reply to the author or authors of the criticized works
7. To protect the personal data related to the subjects or visuals in the evaluated studies.
Ethical Duties and Responsibilities of Referees
Studies submitted to the Journal of Contemporary Administrative Sciences are evaluated with a blind review system for objective and independent evaluation. Evaluation forms and referee comments are sent to the author or authors through the editor. The ethical duties and responsibilities of the referees of the Journal of Contemporary Administrative Sciences are as follows:
1. To accept only the study evaluation related to the field of specialization,
2. To make an assessment in objectivity and confidentiality,
3. To use the studies they have reviewed after publication,
4. To make an impartial assessment regardless of nationality, gender, religious beliefs, political beliefs and commercial concerns,
5. To use constructive and kind language in evaluation statements, not to enter into personal comments,
6. To evaluate the work in a timely manner,
Relations with the Reader
The editors take into account the knowledge, skill and experience expectations of all readers, researchers and practitioners. Attention is paid to the fact that the published studies contribute to the readers, researchers, practitioners and scientific literature.
Relations with the Publisher
The relationship between the editor and the publisher is based on the principle of Decisiveness and independence. All decisions to be made by the editors are independent of the publisher or the magazine owner.
In order for the applied article to be evaluated, it must be written according to the journal's writing rules, the full text must not contain the author's information, it must be written according to the article template, the similarity report must be uploaded, and the copyright transfer form must be signed and uploaded. The articles accepted for publication after the evaluation process has been completed should be corrected by the author(s) and uploaded to the journal website again by adding author information. Information about the researches that require the permission of the Ethics Committee can be accessed from the Ethical Principles and Publication Policy page. For studies that do not require Ethics Committee Permission, the Study Declaration Form that does not Require Ethics Committee Permission should be filled out and uploaded to the system and stated in the article.