Ethical Principles and Publication Policy
Eğitim Bilim ve Araştırma Dergisi is a journal in which original researches produced in the fields of education are evaluated and published in line with scientific and ethical principles. Ethical principles have an important place in the publication policy of our journal. These ethical principles are accepted by us based on the guidelines prepared by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) https://publicationethics.org/. The ethical principles applied by our journal for editors, referees and authors have been established in accordance with these guidelines. The ethical responsibilities of the parties are summarized below, based on the guidelines prepared by COPE.
Editors' Ethical Responsibilities
• To discuss the journal policies in the editorial board and to evaluate the effectiveness of the policies.
• Informing the referees, authors and researchers about the publication and ethical principles of the journal and taking into account their feedback.
• To make a preliminary evaluation of the articles sent to the journal for publication in terms of compliance with the journal's publication policy, originality, contribution to the field and competence.
• Informing the authors of the articles that are not suitable for publication as a result of the preliminary evaluation, taking the ones that are decided to be published in the publication process.
• Assigning field editors and/or referees who have expertise on the subject of the article to the articles that are in the publication process.
• To ensure that the articles included in the publication process are evaluated according to the blind refereeing and evaluation process.
• To prepare a detailed guide for the authors who will send articles to the journal and to answer the questions from the authors in an explanatory way.
• To determine the field editors and referees to be assigned to the articles in an objective way in accordance with the field of study of the relevant publication.
• Meticulously applying the double-blind evaluation process between the referee and the author.
• To intervene in cases where there is a conflict of interest between the referee and the author.
• To encourage referees to make timely, impartial and effective evaluations.
• Plagiarism scanning of the articles sent to the journal and informing the author about the unsuitable ones.
Ethical Responsibilities of Referees
• Refusing to evaluate articles that do not fall within the field of expertise.
• Evaluate the articles on a double-blind basis.
• To act impartially and in accordance with scientific principles in the evaluation process
• Explaining the reasons for the decision regarding the publication status of the article in the peer-review form.
• Using a polite and respectful language in accordance with scientific principles
• Evaluating the articles within the time given to them.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
• Not sending the articles they sent to the Educational Science and Research Journal to another journal simultaneously.
• To write articles objectively in accordance with scientific research method and report writing principles.
• To include all citations in the article in the bibliography, to refer to the sources in the bibliography within the text.