EJE is an internationally renowned journal published by the Erciyes University Faculty of Education. Our goal is to be an important platform that contributes to the development of educational sciences by providing current and original works that are recognized nationally and internationally.
The Erciyes Journal of Education (EJE) is an academic journal published twice a year by the Erciyes University Faculty of Education. The language of the journal is Turkish, English and German. Our journal includes studies related to education, compilation, book critique and translation.
In the "Erciyes Journal of Education ", the use of the APA style created by the American Psychological Association is preferred.
The Basic Principle of Referencing by APA Style
APA style is usually based on the following format:
Author. (Year). Title. Publication Information.
How to cite APA format?
Templates and examples of different broadcast types in APA format are listed below. Apa 6 format is available here.
Surname of the author, the initial letter of the name. (Publication Year). Book Name. City: Publisher Organization.
Creswell, J. W. (1994). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Creswell, J. W. (2014). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method approaches (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Karasar, N. (2017). Scientific research method: Concepts principles techniques (32. bs.). Ankara: Nobel.
Surname of the author, First name, & Surname of the author, First letter of the name. (Eds.) (Publication Year). Book Name. City: Publisher Organization.
Duncan, G. J., & Brooks-Gunn, J. (Eds.). (1997). Consequences of growing up poor. New York, NY: Russell Sage Foundation.
Printed Journal Articale
Surname of the author, the initial letter of the name. (Publication Year). Article name. Name of the magazine, Volume (Number), Page (s).
Nevin, A. (1990). The changing of teacher education special education. Teacher Education and Special Education: The Journal of the Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children, 13 (3-4), 147-148.
Online Journal Article
Surname of the author, the initial letter of the name. (Publication Year). Article name. Name of the magazine, Volume (Number), Page (s). DOI: obtained from XX.XXXXX or URL
Boran, M., & Karakuş, F. (2017). Examination of teacher candidates' views on the course of collective service applications. Erciyes Journal of Education, 1 (1), 22-41.http: //dergipark.gov.tr/download/article-file/370789.
Öner, G. (2017). A problem in gaining values and values in classroom life: Grouping within a classroom. International Journal of Eurasia Social Sciences, 8 (29), 895-938. DOI: 10.XXXX / XXX.XXX
The letters to be sent to our magazine must be prepared according to the EJE Journal Template.
Ethics Responsibilities and Policies
Manuscripts sent to the Erciyes Journal of Education (EJE) are required to follow the principles below in order to get in the process of evaluation and publishing process. The manuscripts which do not fulfill the requirements of publication principles and the writing rules are not accepted and kindly resent to the author(s).
1. The manuscripts should not be previously published work or should not be under consideration or peer review for publication elsewhere. Papers presented in congresses – on condition that has not been published as a full text in congress books – and manuscripts from dissertations should have a footnote including this information. Author(s) have the responsibility of all contents in manuscripts.
2. All manuscripts submitted to the journal are subjected to re-review by the editorial board in terms of scope and writing rules. Based on this re-review, all manuscripts are sent to two external/independent referees. The referees are given 15 days and a new referee is appointed if any of them does not express an opinion in this period. Manuscripts are required to have an “issuable” report by the two referees in order to be published. In case of any rejection from one of the referees, a third referee is appointed. Author(s) are responsible with the revisions (if any) recommended by the referee(s). The manuscripts which is found “issuable” by the referees and reviewed by the edit office are in the publication process. The manuscripts are sent to the author(s) for a last proofreading and are not changed after this proofreading. The manuscripts are published online first and then printed.
A number of ethical policies have been developed by the editors and the editorial board to ensure the impartiality and ethics of the work to be published in the Erciyes Journal of Education. These policies include processes related to authors, reviewers, editors and studies.
The following ethical duties and responsibilities are written in the light of the guide and policies made by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
Authors submitting studies to the Erciyes Journal of Education are expected to fulfill following ethical responsibilities:
· Studies must be original and up-to-date. All reference works must be cited or quoted fully and accurately.
· Names that do not contribute to the study are not to be specified as authors. Conflict of interest or relationships must be explained (if available).
· Raw materials of submitted article(s) can be requested within the framework of evaluation processes. Authors must submit the requested data and information to editorial and science boards.
· Authors are liable to cooperate with editor in informing journal editor or publisher, correcting or withdrawing in case that an inaccuracy or error is detected about any published or under-review study.
· Authors are not to submit their studies to application processes of multiple journals.
· Any study published in other journal is not to be submitted to the Erciyes Journal of Education.
· Any under-review study submitted to another journal is not to be submitted to Erciyes Journal of Education.
· Any process such as adding-removing author, changing the order of authors cannot be demanded for a study under review process.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors
The editor and field editors of Erciyes Journal of Education should hold the following ethical responsibilities that are based on the guides "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and "COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" published as open Access by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
General Tasks and Responsibilities
The editors have the following roles and responsibilities
· Ensuring the development of the journal in national and international sense,
· Managing processes to improve the quality of published studies,
· Conducting processes to apply ethical rules for all shareholders of the journal,
· Updating publishing and ethical policies with the purpose of bringing contribution to the development of the journal,
· Organizing and updating website of the journal.
Relationships with Readers
Editors must consider readers’ feedbacks towards publishing, scope and ethics of the journal. They must improve the studies published in the Erciyes Journal of Education in consideration of interests and needs of readers. In addition to, the must liable to respond the questions of readers in line with ethical rules.
Relationships with Authors
Responsibilities of editors to authors are as follows;
· They must submit the studies to editorial board to decide whether the studies are to be sent to reviewers or not,
· They must to inform authors about publishing and ethical policies,
· They must prevent possible conflicts between authors and reviewers,
· They carry out “Double-Blind Review” in a healthy way and to ensure an unbiased evaluation process,
· They must assess the demands of authors towards not to send their studies to reviewers with whom they have conflict of interest,
· They must affirm demands of authors to withdraw their studies under review process,
· They must assess authors’ objections to reviewer and editor decisions/reports and to initiate a new review process where available.
Relationships with Referee
Responsibilities of editors to reviewers are as follows;
· choose a suitable reviewer in related field of the study,
· ensure information and guidelines needed by reviewers during review process,
· monitor any conflict of interest between authors and reviewers,
· keep information of reviewer confidential,
· encourage reviewers to be unbiased,
· respond questions of reviewers about publishing and ethical policies,
· update the pool of reviewers with the purpose of improving,
· remind reviewers about timing,
· encourage reviewers to make constructive, polite and appropriate review.
Relationships with Editorial Board
· arrange meetings with editorial board with certain intervals,
· provide information and guidelines to editorial board about publishing and ethical policies of the Erciyes Journal of Education ,
· improve the journal in consideration of feedbacks of the editorial board,
· to ensure objectivity of the members of the editorial board,
· to encourage editorial board to make review in scientific framework,
· detect the reviewers to whom the studies should not be sent due to conflict of interest and/or other ethical reasons,
· withdraw their unpublished study during review process,
· oppose to reviewer reports and editor decisions,
· demand erratum for information errors or problematic areas in the given study to be published in the first issue due to error in fact during publication process.
Ethical Responsibilities of Referee
Studies submitted to the Erciyes Journal of Education are reviewed by at least two reviewers in the related field. Ideas of editor or a third reviewer are asked in case of equity between negative and positive views on the article during reviewing process.
· Double-blind review process has been adopted in the Erciyes Journal of Education, authors and reviewers are not aware of each other’s identity.
· Reviewers are expected to read publishing principles of the Erciyes Journal of Education
· Reviewers should accept to review only the studies in their speciality fields, and not to accept reviewing the manuscript in the field of which they are not expert even for having information about the topic of the given article,
· Reviewers should refuse reviewing when they realize they cannot be objective.
· Reviewers should complete the review process in a certain period of time, and review on unbiased and confidentiality terms
· Reviewers should refuse reviewing in case of a conflict of interest and inform editor about it,
· Reviewers should inform editor when the reviewed manuscript has already been submitted to any other journal,
· Reviewers should reviewing manuscript in a constructive and polite language, and not to comment personal views such as hospitality, insult and reflation,
· Reviewers should make sure that the review is related to the content of any given manuscript. They should pay attention not to bring the effect of religion, race, sex, political views and so on to review process,
Open Access Policy
EJE is an Open Access journal and provides immediate open access to its contents. The Journal aims to promote the development of global Open Access to scientific information and research. All the articles published in EJE are licensed by "Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License".
This jornal has adopted an open access policy. The "Budapest Open Access Initiative" dated September 12, 2012 is accepted and supported.
Licence Policy and Copyright
EJE adopted the "Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License" rules.
Authors are required to fill in the EJE Copyright Agreement Form and upload it to the system.
Papers submitted to EJE will be screened for plagiarism using iThenticate plagiarism detection tools. EJE will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism. In EJE, iThenticate is used as plagiarism program.
There is no author’s submission fee or other publication related fee since every cost for the publication process is supported by the publisher; therefore it is an open access journal. EJE is a completely free journal.
EJE aday makale gönderimi aşamasında, değerlendirme süresince ve yayınlanma aşamasında herhangi bir gerekçe ile yazarlardan hiçbir ücret talep etmemektedir.
EJE açık erişimi destekleyen akademik bir dergidir.