1. Ekonomi-tek is a peer-review journal published tri-annually (January, May, and September) The journal accepts original papers on economics written in English or Turkish. Ekonomi-tek does not ask for any submission and publication fee.
2. Submitted paper should not have been published previously or should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Author(s) must strictly follow publication ethics rules. Acceptance of an article for publication automatically transfers the copyright of the article to Ekonomi-tek. By submitting the paper to Ekonomi-tek, the author(s) confirm(s) that she/he/they has/have understood and verified the conditions stated in this article.
To complete the application, please;
i) Fill in the copyright form,
ii) Upload similarity report,
ii) Upload the Disclosure Statements.
3. The legal responsibilities for the content of the article published belongs to the author(s).
4. If and when required, author(s) should provide data and/or codes for the purposes of replication. Editor may ask for tables and figures in their original format during the typesetting stage.
5. Papers should be submitted in MS Office Word format with 1.5 line spacing. Please use 12-point Times New Roman font. Page size is A4, and margins should be 31 mm on the top, bottom, and sides. Please use only portrait layout. Although there are no strict length limitations for the articles, manuscripts should not exceed 35 pages including references, tables, figures, and appendices.
6. Separate title page should include a concise and informative title in English and Turkish, author names, affiliations, ORCID IDs and email addresses of the authors.
7. Submitted papers should include a 50-150 word abstract in English and Turkish. Minimum two maximum five JEL codes and minimum two maximum six Keywords should appear below English and Turkish abstracts.
8. Headings and subheadings should be numbered as follows:
2. Iiiiiii Iiiiiii
2.1. Iiiiiii Iiiiii
9. Tables, figures, and appendices should be placed at the end of the paper after the reference list. The positioning of the tables and figures in the text should be indicated as follows:
< Insert the table # / figure # approximately here >
10. If the tables and figures are larger than the space between the left and right margins, please prepare them vertically (do not use landscape pages).
REFERENCES AND CITATIONS:
11. Starting from Volume 10 (2021) journal applies the APA reference system for citation and references. Please use the latest version of APA (American Psychological Association) in-text and reference list citations. For the basics of the APA style, among others, author(s) may refer to “https://www.mendeley.com/guides/apa-citation-guide”.
12. In-Text Citation: All references should be cited in the text (not in the footnotes) by giving the last name of the author (single author), both authors’ names (two authors), first author’s name followed by “et al.” (more than two authors) and the year of the publication.
Kayaoğlu (2020) states … or … (Kayaoğlu, 2020)
Çelem and Güzel (2019) state … or ... (Çelem and Güzel, 2019)
Three, four and five authors:
First site: Erduman, Aktaş, and Kaya Ekşi (2017) or (Erduman, Aktaş, and Kaya Ekşi, 2017)
Erduman at al (2017) or (Erduman at al, 2017)
Six and more than six authors:
Yeşilyurt at al (2016) state … or … (Yeşilyurt at al, 2016)
Multiple works in one parentheses:
(Kayaoğlu, 2020; Çelem and Güzel, 2019)
Citing an author with multiple works:
Acemoğlu (1998, 2002) or (Acemoğlu, 1998, 2002)
If an author cited has two or more works published during the same year, the references, both in the text and in the reference list, should be identified by lower-case letters like “a” and “b” after the date: Rodrik (2008a), Rodrik (2008b) or (Rodrik, 2008a, 2008b)
Citing a secondary source:
Krugman, (1991) as cited in Filiztekin (2020) or (Krugman,1991, as cited in Filiztekin, 2020)
Direct quotation: Direct quotation should be enclosed in quotation marks. If it is longer than one sentence, please leave a line space above and below the quotation, indent it from the left.
Kayaoğlu (2020, p.163) or (Kayaoğlu, 2020, p.163)
Kayaoğlu (2020, pp.163-164) or (Kayaoğlu, 2020, pp.163-164)
All references cited in the text should be listed at end of the paper and ordered alphabetically by the first author’s surname.
Papers published in a journal:
Çelem, A., and Güzel, H. (2019). On the dynamics of the agricultural trade of Turkey. Ekonomi-tek, 8(1), 1-10.
Kayaoğlu, A. (2020). Do relative status of women and marriage characteristics matter for intimate partner violence? Ekonomi-tek, 9(3), 161-185.
Yeşilyurt, F., Yeşilyurt, M., Karadeniz, O., Kabakçı Karadeniz, H., Gülel, F., and Çağlar, A. (2016). Cinsiyet ve il kırılımlı insani gelişme endeksi: Türkiye örneği. Ekonomi-tek, 5 (3), 21-56.
If the article is online, add DOI or web address:
Çelem, A., and Güzel, H. (2019). On the dynamics of the agricultural trade of Turkey. Ekonomi-tek, 8(1), 1-10. Retrieved from https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/ekonomitek/issue/61928/926666
Kayaoğlu, A. (2020). Do relative status of women and marriage characteristics matter for intimate partner violence? Ekonomi-tek, 9(3), 161-185. Retrieved from https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/ekonomitek/issue/62304/935392
Kuznets, S. (1966). Modern Economic Growth: Rate, Structure, and Spread. New Haven and London: Yale University Press.
Aghion, P., and Durlauf, S. N. (Ed(s).). (2005). Handbook of Economic Growth. Volume 1A. Amsterdam: North-Holland.
Chapter in an edited book:
Durlauf, S. N., Johnson, P. A., and Temple, J. R. W. (2005). Growth econometrics. In P. Aghion and S. N. Durlauf (Ed(s).). Handbook of Economic Growth. Volume 1A. (pp. 555-677). Amsterdam: North-Holland.
Aghion, P., Bloom, N., Blundell, R., Griffith, R., and Howitt, P. (2002). Competition and innovation: An inverted U relationship. NBER Working Paper No. 9269.
TABLES, FIGURES, AND EQUATIONS
14. Equations, tables, figures, and appendices should be numbered consecutively. Equations should be placed on a separate line and place the equation number in the square bracket left of (the first line of) the equation with no indent. Tables and figures should be titled appropriately and be placed on the top of the figure or table. Notes, references, and data sources should be placed under the table or figure.