The Black Sea Journal of Sciences / Karadeniz Fen Bilimleri Dergisi (KFBD)
ISSN (Online): 2564-7377
The Black Sea Journal of Sciences is a journal published by Giresun University’s Institute of Science and Technology.
The Black Sea Journal of Sciences peer-reviewed academic journal that has been biannually published since 2010.
Our journal publish papers within engineering and the basic sciences, and the sub-fields thereof are as follows:
Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Food Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Geophysical Engineering, Genetic and Biomechanical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Physical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Materials Science and Engineering, as well as other related branches.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Statistics.
The Black Sea Journal of Sciences is a peer-reviewed academic journal that is published biannually in June and December (June 15, December 15).
1. Prospective papers are expected to fill a gap in their respective field through innovative research.
2. Our journal employs a bilateral blind review system in which the personal identities of the reviewers and authors are kept confidentialed from one another, and whereby the parties involved are expected not to reveal themselves. With this objective in mind, parties submitting the file in question to the system such as the author, editor, and/or reviewer must handle the uploading of those files to the system with utmost care and attention.
3. The publishing team first examines (the) prospective papers in accordance with the criteria of the journal’s scope, as well as for scientific content and format. After the pre-review step, the papers are forwarded to at least two reviewers for evaluation. In order for a paper to be accepted, it must receive positive evaluations from both reviewers. Papers can be requested to be reviewed again if needed and evaluation of a third reviewer should necessity warrant it. The final decision is made by the editor.
4. Papers that are to be submitted for publishing are first controlled using special detection software in order to verify that they have not been previously published elsewhere, as well as to ensure that they do not include any plagiarized content.
5. Publishing takes between 2 to 6 months from the acceptance date.
6. The publishing or evaluation of manuscripts are free of charge.
The Black Sea Journal of Sciences is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Academic research submitted to our journal is run through plagiarism detection software in order to check for any possible plagiarized content. Authors are expected as they declare that their work do not include any plagiarism. A report regarding this issue is sent to the authors.
The publishing or evaluation of manuscripts are free of charge.
This journal makes use of the LOCKSS system, which allows participating libraries to create a distributed digital archiving system, as well as allowing libraries to develop permanent archives for the purposes of protection and restoration.
1. An author’s paper is entitled to copyright protection, and is to give her/his copyright to the journal upon its first initial publishing. One’s paper is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which enables it to be shared by others via permission from the author as well according to the terms and conditions laid out by this journal upon (the paper’s) first initial publishing.
2. The author is entitled to have a separate contract drawn up in which allows for her/his paper as it is published in our journal to be distributed without providing full authorisation (e.g., a paper’s being sent to the databank of an institution, or for its being published in a book, etc.)
3. Authors are encouraged to share their share their papers via the internet either before they submit their work to our journal or as they wait through the submission process (e.g., to an institutional database or via their own personal websites, etc.). In doing so, this allows both for a fruitful exchange of ideas and feedback, as well as allows for the paper to be earlier as well as more widely referenced (see: The Effects of Open Access).