INSTITUTE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCE JOURNAL
ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE AUTHORS, EDITORS AND REVIEWERS
Users of the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal (editors, authors, reviewers, department editors, readers) must obey to the ethical rules and responsibilities specified by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) that we have shared on our Dergipark page. These ethical rules and responsibilities are summarized below.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
• Authors prepare and send their manuscripts in original form.
• The authors ensure that their citations and quotations in their manuscripts are accurate and complete.
• Authors should indicate and explain situations in which they may be involved in conflicts of interest.
• The editors, department editors or the reviewers can request raw data from the author of the manuscripts. Therefore, the author must keep the raw data of the article ready for submission.
• Ethical reports must be submitted by the author together with the article, when necessary.
• Authors are obliged to inform the journal authorities in case of any errors and inaccuracies about the article during any of the pre-control, evaluation, proofreading and publishing stages.
• One article cannot be processed in two different journals at the same time. Even if the overall process is completed in a journal and the article is rejected. In other words, an article published in another journal cannot be sent to the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal.
•In order to add an author, change the order of the authors or omit an author for an article on process for publishing on the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal, an application with the approval of all contributing authors is required. Journal management reviews the application and notifies the corresponding author about the decision.
Ethical Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
The editors of the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal should be obeyed to the ethical roles and responsibilities of “CODE OF CONDUCT AND BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR JOURNAL EDITORS” and “COPE BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR JOURNAL EDITORS” announced by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and provided on our Dergipark webpage. These duties and responsibilities are summarized below.
Editors’ Relationships with Readers
The editors are responsible for taking into account the feedback from the readers, researchers and practitioners about the published works and to provide the necessary responses and take necessary actions.
Editors’ Relations with the Authors
• Editors make decisions about the articles based on the original value of the article, the aims of the journal and the ethical rules.
• Editors should accept papers with high original value, based on journal objectives and ethical rules for the evaluation process.
• The editors should take into account positive opinions of the reviewers unless there is an important reason.
• Requests and feedback from the authors should be returned with feedback.
Editors’ Relations with the Reviewers
• The reviewers to be appointed must be selected from related area of the manuscript.
• The editor should make sure that there is no conflict of interest between the reviewers and the authors.
• The editor is responsible for guiding the reviewers during the article evaluation process and for providing the requested information.
• The editor is obliged to hide the credentials of the author and the reviewers by means of blind reviewing.
• The editor must make the necessary warnings to the reviewers about evaluating the article in a timely, impartial and scientific manner.
• The editor must make an effort to increase the number of reviewers.
Editors’ Relations with Advisory Board
Editors should consider the opinions and recommendations of the advisory board about the articles.
Editors’ Relations with the Journal Owner and the Publisher
Editorial decisions should be independent of the journal owner and the publisher.
Publication of the Article
Editors are responsible for considering publishing principles, journal objectives and international standards in the articles to be published in the journal.
Retention of Personal Data
Editors are responsible for not transferring the personal information to third parties except for the consent of the authors.
Ethics committee, Human and Animal Rights
The editors are responsible for protecting the human and animal rights at about manuscript in the studies conducted on humans and animals. The editor is responsible for rejecting the article if ethics committee approval is not sent in the works that must provide ethics committee report.
Protection of intellectual property rights
Editors are responsible for protecting the intellectual property rights of all articles submitted and published in the journal.
Complaints to Editors
Editors are responsible for providing an open and enlightening answer to complaints from the reviewers, authors and readers.
Conflicts of interest and relations
Editors are responsible for taking action against conflicts of interest between authors, reviewers and third parties in order to complete the impartial and independent evaluation processes of the articles.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
• The reviewers are responsible for not evaluating the article if there is a conflict and relationship of interest.
• The reviewers are responsible for evaluating the article with due regard to the principles of confidentiality and impartiality.
• The reviewers cannot use the work sent to them for any purpose until the evaluation process is completed and issued.
• When evaluating the manuscripts, the reviewers are responsible for not allowing the gender, nationality, religious beliefs, or political views of the authors to have an influence on the evaluation.
• The reviewers should use a gentle and constructive language when evaluating the article and should avoid insulting, defaming and hostile comments and statements.
• The reviewers are responsible for evaluating the article in a timely and ethical manner.
INSTITUTE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCE JOURNAL PUBLICATION ETHICS AND ARTICLE EVALUATION PROCESSES
Aim and scope
The aim of this journal is to publish works prepared in the field of horticulture, plant protection, plant and animal production, biology, bio-system engineering, environmental engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, physics, food engineering, civil engineering, chemistry, mechanical engineering, mathematics, molecular biology and genetics, forest engineering, landscape architecture, aquaculture, agricultural economics, agricultural mechanization, agricultural structures and irrigation, field crops, soil science and plant nutrition and zoo-technics. The Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal is twice a year journal which accepts original research and review studies in the field of Engineering and Science.
Open Access Policy
The articles published in the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal are available with open access in full text. We believe that this will be good contribution to science.
Confidential information about the articles published on the web page of the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal and the articles at about the evaluation stage will be used only for the explained purposes of the journal and shall not be open for any other purpose or for use by other people.
The Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal does not require any transaction and publication fees for the articles submitted to the journal.
All the manuscripts as full text, the contents of the journal, the cover page and the complete files of each issue of the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal are archived on Dergipark system and are available to all users.
Advertising and Sponsorship
The Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal does not accept any advertising or sponsorship and does not include them on the publication page.
Articles submitted to the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal are controlled via a plagiarism software except for the references. The similarity rate must be below 20% for each article.
Copyright Transfer Agreement
All authors must be accepted and declared that
1. All kinds of publication rights belong to the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal.
2. The manuscript complies with the rules of publication specified by the journal,
3. The article is original and is not previously published or not under the evaluation process for publication,
4. Scientific and ethical responsibility belongs to authors and in case that other authors cannot be reached; all authors are aware of the work and that the responsibilities of other authors are taken over by the first author of the article.
The authors of all articles submitted to the Institute of Natural and Applied Science Journal should sign the Copyright Transfer Agreement stated above. This contract text should be downloaded on article submission page and uploaded to the system after signed by all authors