SDU IJES has a two stage review process. The first stage is an initial review by one of the editors, resulting in either a decision to send to two members of SDU IJES's review panel having appropriate experience, expertise and interests, or an editorial rejection. SDU IJES uses a 'double blind' review process. That is, reviewers are not given the names and institutional affiliations of the authors, and authors are not given the names of the reviewers assigned to their article. It is therefore essential that authors remove all identifying information from their papers in the first instance. This includes removing references in the text that would enable reviewers to identify authors e.g references to authors previously published works. Names, instiutional affiliations and references can be added if the paper is accepted for publication.
Reviewers will assess the article against the following criteria:
- Contribution to advancing knowledge of education area.
- Quality of critical engagement with relevant literature (literature review and discussion)
- Clarity of research and/or development goals
- Clarity and justification of appropriate methodology
- Quality of empirical data, analysis, presentation and interpretation of results
- Inclusion of appropriate implications for further research, theory, practice and/or policy.
- Quality of writing (including structure, writing style, clarity of expression) and adherence to SDU IJES formatting and referencing conventions.
Notifications of acceptances are in most cases accompanied by advice specifying revisions which may range in character from necessary for publication to optional suggestions for improving the article. In some cases alterations to figures and diagrams may be requested for purposes of facilitating production of a PDF for publication.
(Note:Author guidelines in Turkish is at the end of this section / Yazım kurallarının Türkçe açıklaması alt kısımda yer almaktadır)
Please make sure that your article is within 8000 words (including title, author names, affiliations, abstract, keywords, main body, references, appendices).
The articles should be original, unpublished, and not in consideration for publication elsewhere at the time of submission to the SDU International Journal of Educational Studies.
The SDU IJES is a refereed journal and has a double-blind review Any manuscript submitted for consideration in publication in the SDU IJES is reviewed by at least two international reviewers with expertise in the relevant subject area.
The manuscript template for formatting is available here. The first submission of the manuscript should not contain any information about the author (s). You should also upload your article to the system in accordance with the template on the side.
While submitting the manuscript, the authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc. The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Papers are accepted only English and Turkish.
Word count: Full paper; 4,000 to 8,000 words
- Please use margins of 2.5 cm (1 inch).
- Please use A-4 page size.
- Please use font style as Times New Roman. Title Page
- Please use 14-point bold for your article title, with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns. Please margin the article title to the center.
- All the authors of a paper should include their full names, affiliations, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and email addresses on the title page of the manuscript. One author should be identified as the Corresponding Author. Please use one line for all author names and one line for all author information.
- An informative 10-point abstract (150 to 200 words) presenting the main points of the paper and conclusions.
- Please include descriptive keywords (4 to 5). Separate keywords with a comma. Capitalize the first letter of each keyword (e.g., Science education, Educational technology).
- Please use 11-point font size.
- Please margin the text to the justified.
- Manuscripts should be single spaced.
- Footnotes and endnotes are not accepted. All relevant information should be included in main text.
- Do not indent paragraphs; leave a space of one line between consecutive paragraphs.
- Do not underline words for emphasis. Use italics instead.
- Both numbered lists and bulleted lists can be used if necessary.
- Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure that every in-text citation has a corresponding reference in the reference list. Conversely, ensure that every entry in the reference list has a corresponding in-text citation.
- Subdivide text into unnumbered sections, using short, meaningful sub-headings. Please do not use numbered headings.
- Please limit heading use to three levels.
- Please use 12-point bold for first-level headings with capital letters.
- Please use 11-point bold for second-level headings, and 11-point bold italics for third -level headings with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns.
- Leave one blank line after each heading and two blank lines before each heading. (Exception: leave one line between consecutive headings.)
- Please margin all headings to the left. Tables and Figures
- Please embed tables and figures in appropriate areas within the document and center them horizontally. Tables and figures should not exceed the given page margins.
- Provide captions (maximum length: 6 to 8 words) for each table or figure. Centre the caption above the table and below the figure. Please reference the table or figure in the text.
- For figures, GIF and JPEG (JPG) are the preferred formats.
- If necessary font size in the table can be reduced.
- Figures that do not fit the page should be placed on the next page or they should be given after the References in the Appendix. Acknowledgements or Notes Please collate acknowledgements or notes in a separate section at the end of the article before the references.
- At the end of the article, please list all references in alphabetical order (based on authors’ last names) at the end of the article.
- Please use the level-one heading, “REFERENCES”
- Follow the citation procedures of the American Psychological Association (APA 6).
If necessary, please give appendixes after the “references” section.
Appendices: This section should include annexes to the research.
The names and e-mail addresses of this magazine will be used for the purposes of this journal and will not be used for other purposes or for any other part.