TurkJAC follows ethical tasks and responsibilities are defined by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in publication procedure. Based on this guide, the rules regarding publication ethics are presented in the following sections.
Ethics committee approval must be obtained for studies on clinical and experimental regarding human and animals that require an ethical committee decision, this approval must be stated in the article and documented in the submission. In such articles, the statement that research and publication ethics are complied with should include. Information about the approval such as committee name, date, and number should be included in the method section and also on the first/last page of the article.
1. In the preliminary evaluation of a submission, the editor of the journal evaluates the article's suitability for the purpose and scope of the journal, whether it is similar to other articles in the literature, and whether it meets the expectations regarding the language of writing. When it meets the mentioned criteria, the scientific evaluation process is started by assigning a section editor if necessary.
2. A peer-reviewed publication policy is employed in all original studies, taking into full account of possible problems due to related or conflicting interests.
3. Section editors work on the articles with a specific subject and their suggestion is effective in the journal editor’s decision about acceptance or rejection of the article.
4. No section editor contacts anyone except the authors, reviewers, and the journal editor about articles in the continued evaluation process.
5. In the journal editor's decision to accept or reject an article, in the addition of section editor’s suggestion in consequence of scientific reviewing, the importance of the article, clarity and originality are decisive. The final decision, in this case, belongs to the journal editor.
1. The authors should actively contribute to the design and execution of the work. Authorship should not be given to a person who does not have at least one specific task in the study.
2. Normally all authors are responsible for the content of the article. However, in interdisciplinary studies with many authors, the part that each author is responsible for should be explained in the cover letter.
3. Before the start of the study it would be better to determine the authors, contributors, and who will be acknowledged in order to avoid conflict in academic credits.
4. The corresponding author is one of the authors of the article submitted to the journal for publication. All communications will be conducted with this person until the publication of the article. The copyright form will be signed by the corresponding author on all the authors' behalf.
5. It is unacceptable to submit an article that has already been published entirely or partly in other publication media. In such situation, the responsibility lies with all authors. It is also unacceptable that the same article has been sent to TurkJAC and another journal simultaneously for publication. Authors should pay attention to this situation in terms of publication ethics.
6. Plagiarism from others' publications or their own publications and slicing of the same study is not acceptable.
7. All authors agree that the data presented in the article are real and original. In case of an error in the data presented, the authors have to be involved in the withdraw and correction process.
8. All authors must contribute to the peer-reviewed procedure.
1. Peer reviewers worked voluntarily are external experts assigned by editors to improve the submitted article.
2. It is extremely important that the referee performs the review on time so that the process does not prolong. Therefore, when the invitation is agreed upon, the reviewer is expected to do this on time. Also, the reviewer agrees that there are no conflicts of interest regarding the research, the authors, and/or the research funders.
3. Reviewers are expected not to share the articles reviewed with other people. The review process should be done securely.
4. Reviewers are scored according to criteria such as responding to the invitations, whether their evaluations are comprehensive and acting in accordance with deadlines, and the article submissions that they can make to TurkJAC are handled with priority.
All submission and evaluation procedures are carried out through a manuscript processing and journal archiving service “www.dergipark.org.tr”.
Authorship, Originality, and Plagiarism
The authors accept that the work is completely original and that the works of others have been appropriately cited or quoted in the text with the necessary permissions. The authors should avoid plagiarism. It is recommended that they check the article using appropriate software such as Ithenticate and CrossCheck. The responsibility for this matter rests entirely with the authors. All authors will be notified when the manuscript is submitted. If a change of author is needed, the reason for the change should be indicated. Once the manuscript is accepted, no author changes can be made.
Proofs will be carefully prepared to avoid corrections or changes after acceptance. Corresponding authors should check the proofs within the specified time and send corrections or changes as a word file in a list format that provides page and line numbers. Also, corrections can be sent as an explained pdf file of proofs.
In the first step, the editor will evaluate if the content of the manuscript is suitable for the aims and scope of the journal and then the blind review process will continue. The manuscript will be sent to two or three referees and, if necessary, to more referees. Referees may request more data related to the manuscript from the authors. After receiving the comments and suggestions of the referees, the editor makes a general evaluation and makes a final decision of acceptance or rejection.
Open Access with no page charges
The journal is a full Open Access journal with no page fees. Articles comply with the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND) regulation and are available free of charge. For non-commercial purposes, it allows others to distribute and copy the paper, and to include authors in a collaborative work provided that they do not alter or modify the manuscript.
The journal uses DergiPark service (www.dergipark.org.tr) affiliated to TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM as an online system, which provides online hosting services and an editorial workflow management system.