Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education makes it obligatory that the authors comply with the national and international ethical principles. In this context, it is kindly asked that the stakeholders comply with the following items:
Responsibilities of the Authors
It should be ensured that the submitted article has content originality, the quotations and citations need be to correctly prepared within the ethical principles.
For the experimental studies which require ethical board approval, conducted on animals or people in all the disciplines (including social science), the ethical board approval must be obtained and presented in the study with the related information.
The names of the authors should not be indicated in any of the process of submission.
The manuscripts should not be submitted to any other journal.
The necessary permits should be obtained when needed.
The determined principles will apply in the case of conflict of interest.
Only the names of the related authors should be included in the submissions, unrelated names should not be included.
The referees may ask for additional information or data, in such cases the authors should provide the referees with the requests.
The authors should not reach the referees with the purpose of affecting any process.
Responsibilities of the Referees
Referees should be objective and conduct the reviews with privacy.
Referees should only accept the studies related to their field.
The review should aim to be constructive and polite and should not include offensive language.
The reviews should only be towards the study and the factors such as; religion, gender, race, ethnicity, political or corporate matters should not influence the outcome of the review.
The submissions accepted for review should be processed within the specified timing and in compliance with the ethical principles.
In the case of conflict of interests, the submission should be rejected and the editor-in-chief should be notified.
The identity of the authors should be reached and the submissions of the authors whose identities are revealed should be rejected.
No information related to the rejected submissions should be shared or made public.
Responsibilities of the Editors
Appointing double blinded referees to the related studies after the submission passes the preliminary review.
The editors should be objective towards all the submissions.
The editors should be responsible in the case of conflict of interest.
The editors should ensure the progress within the specified timing of the process.
The editors should ensure that the processes are realized within the ethical principles.
Ethical Suitability Checklist
Have you obtained the necessary permits for the tools or data taken from other studies?
Have you complied with the rules of the journal while preparing the quotations or the citations of your study?
Have you obtained the necessary permits for the data collection or treatment tools?
Have you informed the participants and take the necessary permissions regarding informing them?
Have you taken precautions to ensure the privacy of the participants?
In the studies which include more than one author, have you prepared the order of the author names appropriately?
If any material or content is used which are subject to copyright, have you taken the necessary permissions?
Have you obtained and presented/indicated in your article the necessary ethical board approval for the studies which are conducted on animals or people?
PUBLICATION POLICIES (23 items)
1. Bartın University Journal of Faculty Education is an international refereed journal in which scientific journals in the field of education are published in English. The journal started publishing three issues; in February, June and October are being published yearly. While the journal took under review Turkish or English articles in the past, starting from the February 2020 issue, all articles are required to be submitted in English only.
2. The journal publishes scientific articles which have a general place in the community of research in teaching and come from various areas of research in teaching and related disciplines.
3. Additionally, on the term of not exceeding one per year, a special issue may be published on the current affairs in education and proceedings of the national/international meetings (symposium, convention, conference etc.).
4. Copyright royalties are not paid to the authors of the publications.
5. The manuscripts submitted to the journal are first subject to preliminary review by the Secretariat with respect to writing rules and suitability with the article template, and then forwarded to the Editor-in-Chief, and editors in the related field. The submitted articles are inspected with respect to publication, writing, qualification, content, research and ethical rules. The articles which are found to be not suitable are returned to the author without going through referee review.
6. In line with the criteria determined by TURKISH ACADEMIC NETWORK AND INFORMATION CENTER (ULAKBİM), all authors must present approval of ethics committee for their manuscript.
7. All articles submitted to the journal are reviewed by at least two referees under the principles of double blind refereeing.
8. Articles which are found suitable by the editorial board are sent to at least two field referees. The authors re-send their articles by taking into account the revisions and suggestions stated in the assessment form prepared by the referees. The editorial board make the decision to whether or not publish the articles which are revised. Journal editors have the right to make revisions, -even when the referee process is affirmative- and to make the decision of publishing or not. The articles which are decided to be published are sent back to the original author(s). The responsibility of the errors and writing mistakes belong to the author(s).
9. The authors who would like to withdraw their submission which is in the assessment process are required to notify the demand by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. An article which is approved and queued for publication cannot be withdrawn.
10. The editorial board is consulted for determining and updating the publication principles of the journal, and referee assignment process when needed.
11. The submitted articles cannot be published or submitted to be published to anywhere else.
12. Published or not published, the articles cannot be returned.
13. The journal is free of charge and does not require any payment including the submission and publication process.
14. Per author, maximum of one (1) academic research in each issue, and two (2) academic research in a year is allowed to be published.
15. All the articles published in the journal are open access and distributed under the conditions CommonsAttribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
16. Authors may request to exclude certain referees because of ethical reasons or conflict of interests.
17. Authors may object to the referee reports or editorial decisions. In such cases, the authors are requested to state their reasoning behind the objection. Editors may start a new reviewing process if deemed necessary after an objection.
18. The articles are submitted via the portal on https://dergipark.org.tr/buefad. The articles which are attempted to be submitted otherwise will be disregarded. The referee process will also take place on the same system.
19. All articles submitted must be subject to preliminary review with respect to writing rules and journal template.
20. The authors are obligated to prepare their publications in accordance with APA 7 (American Psychological Association) standards.
21. All publications at BUEFAD are archived in the database of Bartın University Library
22. Authors are free to upload a version of their works to an external open-access platform.
23. BUEFAD Editorial Board and the owner of the journal have the liberty to select the articles to be published in each volume and issue.
PUBLICATION PROCESSBlind Refereeing
Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education makes use of double blind refereeing method in the review process of the articles. In the double blind refereeing method, the identity of authors and referees are concealed.
Initial Review Process
The articles which are submitted to the journal are first subject to preliminary review of writing rules and journal template suitability by the Secretariat, and then forwarded to the Editor-in-chief with the purpose of referee assignment. The submitted articles which are found to be unsuitable in terms of writing rules, originality, and accordance with the publication principles are returned to their author without a referee review. In the preliminary review, the field/department editors inspect the introduction, literature review, method, findings, results, assessment, and discussion sections of the articles with respect to suitability with the publication principles and content of the journal. The articles which are found ineligible after the review are returned to the author along with the review report prepared by the field editor in maximum of 30 days. The articles which are found to be eligible are taken under referee review.
Referee Review Process
The articles are sent to the referees according to the content and referee speciality. The article which is found to be eligible by the editors is forwarded to at least two referees for review along with a review form. The referees are given 30 days for the review. Within this period, a new referee may be assigned in case the referee does not respond. It is obligatory to fill out the "Revision Template” which is prepared by the referees or the editors containing revisions within 30 days. The referees may decide on the suitability by inspecting the readjustments as well as requesting multiple revisions.
Many factors take role in the selection of referee. Experience, suitability of field, past experiences between the editor and referee are the determining factors.
Author(s) may request to exclude certain referees for the reason of conflict of interests.
The referee list is reviewed and refreshed and published on the index periodically with every issue by the Editors.
The referees are sent refereeing certification after the publication issue which includes the reviewed articles.
The feedback received from the referees is examined by the field/department editors in 14 days at the latest. As a result of this examination, the field editor informs the editors of the final evaluation. The editors prepare the editorial board remarks in accordance with the field editor and referee assessments. A new referee may be assigned following the review report; in addition, there may be an approval, revision or rejection decision.
How Long Is The Publication Process?
It is anticipated that the evaluation process of the articles submitted to Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education concludes in 6 months. However, this period of time may extend depending on revision requests, duration of the revisions, and re-evaluation of the articles.
Revision Directions and Uploading Guide
At Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, one or more revisions may be requested by the field editors and/or referees for the articles in review process. The authors are obligated to apply the requested revisions by using the “Revision Template”. The authors should make the revisions by using “Track changes” feature or by using the red colour on the original document. The authors should upload the documents; (1) revised document with track changes, (2) the “Author Revision Chart” prepared by using the “Revision Template”.
At Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, the articles approved after review are gone through; plagiarism re-inspection, reference list organizing, citation control, layout and typesetting, DOI number assignment, respectively.
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, every article which went through the “Blind Referee Review Process” has to be re-inspected for plagiarism for the revisions made after the referee requests. Within this context, English and Turkish copies of every article goes through plagiarism inspection. The plagiarism inspection is made by Turnitin and iThenticate softwares. The board makes the final decision in light of the plagiarism inspection report of every article. Revision of the mistakes can be request from the authors or the articles may be returned. The financial responsibilities (if any) occurred within the inspection belong to the author(s). BUEFAD uses iThenticate for plagiarism inspection and the maximum acceptable ratio for plagiarism analysis is 15%.
The article submitted to Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education are required to be written grammatically and appropriate to the scientific literature, in an explicit and plain manner. The journal board may request proofreading during the review process or after acceptance. The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the language and expression rules, even when the review process is affirmative.
Citation and References Control
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, it is obligatory that the citations and references included in the approved articles are correct and thorough. Within this context, the approved articles are gone through citation and reference control. The authors are responsible for carrying out the tasks and procedures assigned by the board. The financial responsibility of the control belong to the author(s). The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the references and citations rules even when the review process is affirmative.
Layout and Typesetting Procedure
Due to the publication ethics of Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education, it is obligatory that the articles are prepared in a common typesetting and complete page layout. Within this context, the approved articles are adjusted in terms of page layout and typesetting by the board. The financial responsibility of the control belong to the author(s). The journal board has the claim to not publish articles which are found to be inadequate in terms of compliance with the layout and typesetting rules even when the review process is affirmative.
DOI Number Assignment
Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is a unique access number which enables the identification and accessibility of each article published electronically. Every article published at Bartın University Journal of Faculty of Education is assigned with a DOI number. The articles which went through the reference control and print-ready after the approval process are assigned a DOI number by the board.