AUJES is devoted to the interests of teachers, educators, and researchers at all levels--preschool through college and beyond. AUJES encourages the submission of research relevant to education from any discipline, and publishes research employing a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods and approaches in all areas of the education field.
This journal seeks high-quality original articles that address one or more of the following topics:
In addition to empiricial research articles, the journal invites articles that present theoretical and philosophical analyses of issues related to the previous topics.
Feature Articles present important new research results of broad significance. Feature articles are limited to 8,000 words (not including Figures, Tables, and References). Significant feature articles may be somewhat longer than 8,000 words at the advance discretion of the editors. Methods must be sufficiently presented in the research article to warrant results, and additional information should usually be included in supplementary online material to further support the paper's conclusions and study replication (if appropriate).
Brief Reports and Commentaries provide the opportunity to contribute to the field in alternative ways, such as through:
· Short research reviews and syntheses to direct the field’s attention to a specific emerging area
· Replication studies
· Research that resulted in insignificant results or failures, as a way to share education research stories that are often overlooked or under-appreciated
· Connections between research and practice
· Contrasting discussions and arguments between disagreeing scholars, either within a single BRC or unfolding slowly across issues
· Exhortation to the education research field to increase research in a particular area or with a particular lens, such as equity
· Other scholarly contributions that are best suited for this type of proposal
On occasion, AUJES will publish special issues or sections on topics that are sufficiently compelling, of broad-based significance, or important to the advancement of education research that they deserve wide attention and dissemination. Please contact the editors for guidance.
Peer Review Policy: All research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review based on initial editor screening and anonymous review by at least three reviewers.
It is required that the articles are prepared in accordance with the ADYUEBD template and that the author names and addresses should be uploaded to the system without being written in the article text.
There is no article processing charge